Quagliarella (4 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Udinese keep Quagliarella?

Manchester United and Juventus may be in a bidding war, but Udinese may not release Fabio Quagliarella at all.

The Friuli outfit won a blind auction with Sampdoria for £5m to control his entire registration this week, but were expected to sell him on to the highest bidder.

“I am convinced he will remain at Udinese,” said agent Silvio Pagliari. “I don’t believe the club will send him elsewhere, at least not immediately.”

Quagliarella’s market value sky-rocketed this season after 13 goals for Sampdoria in Serie A and a brace against Lithuania in his first Azzurri start.

“I believe they still want to let him mature and grow at the Stadio Friuli so that his value can go even higher and then sell him in the future.

“So Fabio must focus on playing a great season, confirming all the wonderful things he did with Samp.”

The 23-year-old has attracted interest from Manchester United – who are said to have offered in excess of £10m – Juventus, Milan and Roma.

Source: Channel 4

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No. But multiple seasons is when the price tag becomes sky-high and theres a greater chance to disappoint. There's some level of risk all teams must be willing to take.

Jun 13, 2007
actually it doesnt take more than a few games to see a player's potential , a whole season is more than enough .
the guy is obviously very talented , he has great finishing and unbelievable left footed and right-footed shots .
i predicts this guy to become one of italy's best strikers .

oflyingc

Jun 26, 2007
Now Divid has officially announced to stay, and I guess Quag is not coming at least for this season. Actually, his performance has not proved his qualification for black and white. Long way to go...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Now Divid has officially announced to stay, and I guess Quag is not coming at least for this season. Actually, his performance has not proved his qualification for black and white. Long way to go...
he's playing for Italy...that not enuff to get into Juve?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Something isn't making sense here. Italian papers are writing that both Mirante and Gastaldello are Sampdoria players despite it not being official yet, while the rumors of Zalayeta and Palladino to Samp are also popping up all over the place. Samp supposedly sent in a rather low bid for Quagliarella, so now Udinese has him.

Could all these players moving around here be part of some three club transfer coup? Udinese will end up selling Fabio for the highest amount possible because that's what they always do, and it's strange we are supposedly sending so many players to Samp. Perhaps the deal was that we send all those players to Samp and the latter bids low so that Udinese can obtain Fabio, only to send him to us for a good amount of money.

If that's the case I think it's a pretty stupid deal on our part. And I think Udinese will sell him this summer because they always sell their players when their price has reached a maximum.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Let them keep Quagliarella, we took Iaquinta from them,
Trezequet signed an extension, we will not buy another forward this year,
if Quagliarella, repeats things like the brace, he performed for NT
and confirm his value,
then, we will/might consider him next year, if he fails we avoid the unnecessary costs/risks.
We can close this thread!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)