Quagliarella - Matri (1 Viewer)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't think we really have a choice. A good finishing center forward won't come easy or cheap. That's why I think (even though I prefer Quag all round in comparison) that Matri will fit best in our side next season provided that we buy a high quality SS and left wing. The team as a whole has more potential to score goals with a decent finisher with great service, than a decent SS providing only decent service to a great finisher.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We should keep both, but both as starters? Hell no!

They both lack that spark, the flair, the star quality to guide us to 3'rd place. They are not top tier, but definitely decent 2'nd tier strikers.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I think there's about a 99.9% chance we'll sign Matri, simply because we've probably made an agreement to do so with Cagliari. There's no way they'd send us their best striker on loan just because they want to save a little bit of money or because they're nice people.
They got 2.5 million for loaning him to us for 4 months. That's something for a club like Cagliari, I am sure we won't sign him if we don't want to.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i see matri as a future scoring machine..he's got the skills and talent he just needs balls. Quag is proven so imo we have a good duo + dp to help...we're settled so no for aquero..let's fix our d and mid

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
having said that. A wordclassattack usually makes all the difference. Ideally i'd drop matri, to get someone else to partner quagliarella.
Indeed, and that's the problem. Even if the rest of your squad is somewhat mediocre, having class attackers who score regularly can bring you success. Don't have to look much further than Milan for that.

If we seriously, and I mean seriously, upgrade the defense and midfield, bringing in quality, then as long as we can get a lot of chances going Matri-Quag should be fine. But we know it's not that simple and judging by some of the rumored new signings, like Montolivo and Bastos, I'm not feeling it.

Then if Mazzarri arrives we'll have to deal with a brand new nonsensical system again, so who knows how the players will perform in it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
IMO Matri is better as a center forward than Quagliarella is as a SS. But I still like Quag.

I would rather have: Elite SS + Matri than Quagliarella + Elite Center Forward.

Of course, both scenarios are a pipe dream.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
You really think an attack comprising Matri, Quag, and a 36 year old Del Piero is good enough over the course of an entire season? :howler: :lol:
we need another striker next to them and we're good...it's service we're lacking ....36 year old dp coming in the middle of the park to get balls is shameful.

OP
Gian

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
  • Thread Starter #53
    I still dont get the people who put in crazy lineups with Quag as a winger or on the bench. If Quag gets bought by us then he's surely our starting material. I find a Quaglia - Matri duo a bit uninspiring but I could see it function with the proper coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)