QF 1 | Portugal - England (3 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Terry is allowed to be there. His eyes were on the ball, the keeper went down. Its an obvious goal.
He did have the right to be there, but he put his arm on Ricardo and kept him down, didnt allow him to jump for the ball. The rules nowdays protect the keepers very much.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Unbelievable.

We started the game great. Rooney getting injured was a blow and defensive football is risky. Portugal did own the game, and deserved the equaliser. BUT England did defend very well, we DEFENDED well waiting for a chance to score a winner. We got the chance. Campbell scored. It was a goal. The referee was terrible and was no where near the goal, obviously a home decision.

Great goal Rui, and nice equaliser Lampard.

Beckham blew it, James is a joke. Portugal keeper is dick head.

But really extratime and penalties should never have taken place. We were cheated out of this tournament.
I fe3l sorry for the english.. they did a good game,... but it simple was not enough..

Portugall seemed like a giant in front of them...and they lacked commitmend.

The disallowed goal, was ok IMO, as terry (i think it was him) was bothering ricardo too much.

The referee was ok thru the whole game.. so i think that is a lame excuse to blame the referee here, maybe u are still shocked by the lost.

Anyways... it was an exciting game...and both teams deserved to go thru... but if we have to choose one.. i think that everyone will agree with me thjat Portugal was by far the best today.

PD: great defending by englad thou.. they showed a great determination in the defense the hwole tournament...specially ashley cole against ronaldo :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Unbelievable.

We started the game great. Rooney getting injured was a blow and defensive <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=football&v=56">football</a> is risky. Portugal did own the game, and deserved the equaliser. BUT England did defend very well, we DEFENDED well waiting for a chance to score a winner. We got the chance. Campbell scored. It was a goal. The referee was terrible and was no where near the goal, obviously a <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=home&v=56">home</a> decision.

Great goal Rui, and nice equaliser Lampard.

Beckham blew it, James is a joke. Portugal keeper is dick head.

But really extratime and penalties should never have taken place. We were cheated out of this tournament.
And Italy weren't? :confused

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Say, Erik, why are they still talking about Holland-Latvia on Dutch tv? Are they aware of it that they played Latvia and not some super alien team in a game which would possibly see the end of the world?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Look Italy are claiming a match fix. Not dissallowed winning goals.
2 years ago they were claiming FIVE disallowed winning goals. They were moaning back then as well? Besides those were offsides and easily to check whereas this was a strange situation.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have to agree with Zlatan. That was a foul. Terry was holding Ricardo down, even though John was looking at the ball. He can do both at the same time for that matter, you know, so that doesn't matter. What matters is how Terry handled Ricardo.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++

2 years ago they were claiming FIVE disallowed winning goals. They were moaning back then as well? Besides those were offsides and easily to check whereas this was a strange situation.
Water under the bridge. Why keep bringing it up, it has nothing to do with this Euro.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I thought it was rightfully disallowed, as Terry was in the way for Ricardo in a way he shouldn't have been. It was a tough call, could probably have gone either way.

After the game the English reporter said to Svennis Eriksson: "We seemed to be facing twelve men today, and one of them was Swiss." I thought that was uncalled for, I thought the ref did an adequate/good job. Wish the teams that went out would complain less.

Erikssons defensive tactics weren't the way to go IMO. Putting in Phil Neville that early in the game was unneccessary, Portugal could attack all they wanted, the Englishmen were pretty harmless.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Water under the bridge. Why keep bringing it up, it has nothing to do with this Euro
I meant to say it's pretty weak to complain about a rightfully disallowed goal, whilst everyone called the Italians sore losers 2 years ago.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Easy, River, easy.... :D

sorry :angel:
Im easy.

And for people saying silly things like 'you want to hear the english complain'. We are dissappointed because an obvious goal was taken away. Who wouldnt be dissappointed.

When i say cheated. I dont literally mean there is a grand conspiracy. only Italians do that :rolleyes:

It was a referee mistake. A mistake which cost us.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Mmm yes, if it wasn't a foul it sure was human incompetence because it's hard to judge these situations. But sometimes you do wonder whether a referee didn't see what he wanted to see. Like that so called penalty foul on Davids..Nielsen is just standing there, he had to see that was nowhere near a foul.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
No. it was not mistake.. the goal was righfully dissalowd.

Hey but after all, portugal played a wonderfull football and the enlgish seemed hopeless aganist them. They desereve to go thru.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Its also nice to see the immaturing and disrespect of some people. people that were given respect by everyone when Italy were knocked out. Assholes.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++

I meant to say it's pretty weak to complain about a rightfully disallowed goal, whilst everyone called the Italians sore losers 2 years ago.

Oh, I agree there, but it's always silly to complain after the match, altho it is quite understandable.

@River: I'm sorry, but 90% of neutral fans will agree the goal was rightfully dissalowed, had Terry no been interfering Ricardo would have caught the ball. Like I said, the rules protect the keepers very much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)