Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (5 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The US Justice Department. :lol:

Because of the bribes and illegal graft going through US banks, and with some exchanges/payments taking place within the US.
Which is hilarious considering the amount of theft and fraud committed by U.S. and foreign banks taking place in the US sponsored by the Fed and federal government.

Frankly, this is simply yet another distraction away from the real issues we face. It's great corrupt FIFA has been caught, but all governmental bodies have some degree of corruption in them, especially in the United States.

The hilarity of the world we live in. :howler:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And I don't get it, how Fred, who seems like a smart man from his posts can agree with qatar wc... I know the affiliation and all that, but still, that's messed up.
Living in a place does brainwash you to a certain extent. For example I have always been led to believe Belgium has an incredible healthcare system. Perhaps we do. Perhaps we don't. I just wouldn't know. But it wouldn't be easy to shake this belief.
Fred is also driven in the defensive by everyone accusing him. Makes it difficult to attempt objectice response
True, but he's the only one who thinks Qatar are entitled to this World Cup. I'm not sure he even still believes that today, but after all this it's hard to change his opinion publicly.
Who's accusing him? Is he the host of the World Cup? I thought everyone is against Qatar WC not against fred :?

Just noticed all this pseudo psychology. :shifty:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just noticed all this pseudo psychology. :shifty:
You and I both know that you're not at all convinced Qatar should organise this World Cup. You can call it pseudo psychology or whatever, but I don't believe in the slightest that you actually could agree to such a thing.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You and I both know that you're not at all convinced Qatar should organise this World Cup. You can call it pseudo psychology or whatever, but I don't believe in the slightest that you actually could agree to such a thing.
I do believe they should organize the WC, you can choose to believe that or not, that's up to you.

Though, I do think there should be a much harsher stance from FIFA on labour issues when it comes to the WC stadiums, I'm pretty sure it will not affect the country's laws in general unfortunately, but the least FIFA should do, is ensure that the stadiums built for the WC aren't built using practices like forced labor, which unfortunately are prevalent in Qatar.

You know what my main issue is with you and the others on here who are vocal opponents of organizing the WC in Qatar. Those labor issues are not your main concern, because on that we completely agree. Your main concern is that it disrupts the European football schedule, that you don't like Qatar as a country(i.e. you see it as a desert), and other issues like that. If the labor practices would change as of today, your stance on this will not shift even a little bit.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I do believe they should organize the WC, you can choose to believe that or not, that's up to you.

Though, I do think there should be a much harsher stance from FIFA on labour issues when it comes to the WC stadiums, I'm pretty sure it will not affect the country's laws in general unfortunately, but the least FIFA should do, is ensure that the stadiums built for the WC aren't built using practices like forced labor, which unfortunately are prevalent in Qatar.

Well, if you could theoretically ensure that the stadiums built for the WC do not involve forced labor, I could far easier agree to a World Cup in Qatar. But I'm afraid this is merely theory.

That being said I still think there are lots of other reasons not to have it there. The climate is ill suited for it and the country is rather small to host a World Cup on its own. Not to mention the huge question of what they'll do with the gigantic stadiums after the World Cup. But these are issues that are much less pressing to me.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Well... One of my main issues is that Qatar is bad... Just like I would find really weird winter world cup held in congo jungle...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)