Protesters want U.S. to give CA, A.Z. back to Mexico, Open all borders (1 Viewer)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #41
    I know a couple housekeepers at our local resort who worked this past season six months pregnant and for minimum wage. That's not easy work, especially at this place because there is so little help and they do have to move heavy objects.

If you are correct and no American would work those jobs at minimum wage, yet we removed the illegals and decreased the number of legal immigrants, those wages would still have to move higher until those lazy Americans would take the job. That would be the market equilibrium. So the major producers would have to take a hit for the benefit of American workers, and I don't see a problem with that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    The majority of the people do pay their taxes, and they don't "steal" jobs. Who else would like to do the kind of jobs they do? Back breaking work for minimum wage. I mean come on, you don't see a white person, Asian, black etc. jumping for those types of opportunities as they do.

Kyle I once thought you were an intelligent lad, but I now see that your not. You're just a prick.

What you need to realize, not everybody in the world is perfect. The majority of the people that come to this country, actually come for a better life, but there's no denying that some people come here for negative reasons. So much hate for Mexicans, but if you look closely, the majority of the homeless people are black or whites asking for money, while a Mexican would rather sell oranges, belts, pirated dvd's, ice cream, etc. to survive, instead of just giving up and "leech" the tax's payer's money.
    No that is not true that a majority of them pay taxes and even the ones that do are not even close to making up for the huge drain that raising all of their children takes on the state. Another thing you do not realize is many of them receive help from local food banks and shelters that is not recorded and many of these social programs are already over loaded with the thousands of homeless citizens who already cannot be supported. If we had no illegals its not like these jobs would just go ignored, the wages will have to rise and conditions will improve since these jobs will need to be filled, the economy will begin to balance itself out and will improve without these illegals.

I'm not even going to respond to your second point because it is just a personal attack and not a point. Great post bro:tdown: If you think I am prick that is fine with me, I never said my opinion was a nice or caring one but it is the right one. Don't give me any bleeding heart nonsense or sob stories about poor Mexicans because appealing to emotion is a poor argument. I would much rather have a state that works for and supports those who work for and support it than one who takes care of the world's poor and fucks those of us who actually are here legally.

I understand that not everybody is perfect and I said before in many of my posts that I know that they are coming here for better lives and I can sympathize with that. Stop pretending that I am a racist who just wants Mexicans out because I hate them, that is utter nonsense. A majority of people in California who are homeless are drug addicts and crazies who are actually far less of a financial strain on the state than some Mexican family with their 10 kids and every uncle, grandmother and aunt who is living off of support from the state, so bringing them up the homeless is irrelevant.

Dude, Juarez is what it is because of American drug demand and NAFTA, not Mexico.

I can side with a lot of conservative issues. Open border people like this woman are delusional. But just as delusional is the belief that every illegal immigrant is packing heat, dealing drugs, and shooting up neighborhoods. Most illegals are picking crops, working restaurants, and cleaning buildings for illegally low wages that no lazy American would ever want to do themselves.
    That first bit above is for sure true. I am not in support of drug legalization at any level not even Marijuana but decriminalization would help significantly.
    The American government can do far more to help these violent cities in Mexico by passing legislation than even the Mexican government.

And I do not believe that illegal immigrants are out involved in crimes. Actually from my experience most illegals try to avoid getting involved with crime and try to follow American laws more than many citizens do for fear of being caught and deported. These are not bad people and I hate that it has to come to this but they need to be deported and ASAP, its nothing personal or against Mexicans

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I know a couple housekeepers at our local resort who worked this past season six months pregnant and for minimum wage. That's not easy work, especially at this place because there is so little help and they do have to move heavy objects.

If you are correct and no American would work those jobs at minimum wage, yet we removed the illegals and decreased the number of legal immigrants, those wages would still have to move higher until those lazy Americans would take the job. That would be the market equilibrium. So the major producers would have to take a hit for the benefit of American workers, and I don't see a problem with that.
    I think it comes down to whether you believe in supply-side or demand-side economics.

Personally, I don't want to see our produce prices rise to cover for wages to lure more locals because we're already getting insanely obese as a society as it is on processed foods. But it is an artificial marketplace.

I have to hand it to you, Andy. For a guy who rants like a 72-year-old, crotchety grandpa ( see: :andy2: ), deep down you're really a softie for the underclass.

That's actually a complement. :)

Another thing you do not realize is many of them receive help from local food banks and shelters that is not recorded and many of these social programs are already over loaded with the thousands of homeless citizens who already cannot be supported.
    I don't follow this. What charities do you know decide to stiff people based on their country of origin? When do the sympathies for other people in need from charitable donors suddenly switch off at a national border?

Don't give me any bleeding heart nonsense or sob stories about poor Mexicans because appealing to emotion is a poor argument. I would much rather have a state that works for and supports those who work for and support it than one who takes care of the world's poor and fucks those of us who actually are here legally.
    You're making a gross generalization here that borders on outright racism, btw. I know you feel that you're being mislabeled as a racist for thinking that way. But any time you corral a group of people and brandish them as all lazy, on the dole, money-grubbers, and non-contributors to society -- that's a racist's hallmark.

Not calling you racist here, I'm just saying you're fitting the archetype for many people's definition of one.

You have to understand there are other people who look at who the homeless are in this country, and they see illegal immigrants trying to work their asses off to make something of their lives that NAFTA killed for the small farmer in Mexico. They see people who came here to risk their lives and their families not to take a hand-out and get fat. And meanwhile there are many citizens in that latter category. (Just ask Vinman. ;))

Seriously -- when I went on my brother's ridealong last year (he's a cop in Concord, near your neck of the woods), all the questionable legals we came across were working four jobs. The people loafing on the streets and hanging out at liquor stores were clearly here for at least a generation.

That said, we did come across a lot of potential kids of said immigrants who definitely were not doing their time in schools. Ironically, by place of their birth, they are citizens. And yet that illegal immigrant status of their parents would make many prefer that these cretins never go to school anyway -- which just exacerbates the problem.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I don't follow this. What charities do you know decide to stiff people based on their country of origin? When do the sympathies for other people in need from charitable donors suddenly switch off at a national border?
    The charities are not stiffing people and I am not saying they should. My point is that these charities already have a tough enough time caring for our poor without the added weight of thousands more who are in need. Once these people get here I am not saying we should let them starve, that would be terrible but they shouldn't be here in the first place.

You're making a gross generalization here that borders on outright racism, btw. I know you feel that you're being mislabeled as a racist for thinking that way. But any time you corral a group of people and brandish them as all lazy, on the dole, money-grubbers, and non-contributors to society -- that's a racist's hallmark.

Not calling you racist here, I'm just saying you're fitting the archetype for many people's definition of one.
    No I am not. Me wanting illegals gone has absolutely nothing to do with their skin color or culture and trying to say so is comparable to those idiots on MSNBC who claim that anybody disagrees with Obama must be a racist. I never once called any of them lazy or greedy(because I do not believe that they are) but many of them are receiving aid from the state that I feel they should not be getting. This has nothing to do with racism, if they where white European immigrants I would be just as pissed about the whole situation.

I have plenty of experience working, going to school with, and meeting legal and illegal Hispanics which is why I feel terrible saying what I have said. I have no problem with them on a personal or cultural level, sometimes I get along with them better than people of my own race since I can discuss football with them. Most are honest hard working people but that doesn't matter anymore. No matter how much you like them there are to many of them and something needs to be done.

Seriously -- when I went on my brother's ridealong last year (he's a cop in Concord, near your neck of the woods), all the questionable legals we came across were working four jobs. The people loafing on the streets and hanging out at liquor stores were clearly here for at least a generation.

That said, we did come across a lot of potential kids of said immigrants who definitely were not doing their time in schools. Ironically, by place of their birth, they are citizens. And yet that illegal immigrant status of their parents would make many prefer that these cretins never go to school anyway -- which just exacerbates the problem.
    I am very happy that you brought up Concord because I go there quite frequently and I have had it in my mind throughout this whole debate. And I agree that the latino crime problem in California is being perpetrated by the second and third generation immigrants who are legal US citizens. As I said before most illegals try to avoid being involved with crime.

Back to Concord, did your brother take you past Monument Blvd? I think that area alone is case and point as to how immigration laws have failed and must be corrected.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    another thing you can add the list of impossibles, alongside inter ever being a good football team, family guy every being entertaining and hugh jackman being a good actor.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    A little off topic, have you just been waiting for an excuse to continue ripping on stuff you feel is beneath you?
    It was a speech from scrubs, admitedly i missed the quoation marks. Which i edited with inter milan, if you like inter milan then i think this is the wrong board for you.

Sorry if that pissed you off, was meant to be funny >_>

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Didn't piss me off at all, I am the last person on this forum to be uptight about the rules, posting off topic and such. I love scrubs btw

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The charities are not stiffing people and I am not saying they should. My point is that these charities already have a tough enough time caring for our poor without the added weight of thousands more who are in need. Once these people get here I am not saying we should let them starve, that would be terrible but they shouldn't be here in the first place.
    Take the typical religious charity that wants to care and feed the hungry and poor. Should they start checking for ID? And don't many of these charities also go through the expense of sending missionaries in foreign countries to help the poor? Seems like a more cost-effective deal if the poor they want to help come to them, yes?

but many of them are receiving aid from the state that I feel they should not be getting. This has nothing to do with racism, if they where white European immigrants I would be just as pissed about the whole situation.
    But you're almost presuming that they do not pay into the state. That they don't contribute to the overall benefit of society - whether in service, illegally low wages to profit California businesses' bottom lines, or in payroll taxes. I think you'll find it works both ways.

No matter how much you like them there are to many of them and something needs to be done.
    Other than that our state is broke (which was caused by its own citizens, mind you, based on voter decisions made in the 1970s), why now? What made it acceptable 10 years ago but now unacceptable today?

In fact, throughout this recession, illegal immigration has actually decreased over 10 years ago.

Back to Concord, did your brother take you past Monument Blvd? I think that area alone is case and point as to how immigration laws have failed and must be corrected.
    My brother's beat is south Concord. Mostly the Cambridge Park neighborhood -- which is where Monument Blvd is. A lot of Latinos, and so here's this hulking 6'7" bald white guy with trained ninja skills speaking Spanish to most of them. He spends most of the time in the cramped apartment complexes around that area -- rarely in the single-family home neighborhoods.

It did open my eyes on how much police work is social work. A lot of domestic disputes of drunk men who need to be kept at bay from the girlfriend's house as she takes care of her brain-damaged mother. That sort of thing. Regular runaways whom good parents report to the cops, because they know their kid is off with the wrong crowd and not in school. Neighbors calling in some guy in a park who was practically having sex with an underage girl on a park bench. Pretty harsh and sad existence, really.

My brother drove down a few of the larger avenues and would slow down to yell out the window at all the Latino bangers in all black (colors for one gang), saying, "Go to school!!!!"

another thing you can add the list of impossibles, alongside inter ever being a good football team, family guy every being entertaining and hugh jackman being a good actor.
    :lol: True. :tup:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ßüякε;2425725 said:
    I love Family Guy.
    It would be a far better show as a random collection of 3-minute YouTube clips. It stumbles on itself as a 30-minute TV program.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I don't find humour in randomness but the younger generation (my brothers for instance, he's 16) they love it. Family Guy came out when I was in high school and I think sort of paved way for this new type of humour. Family Guy is right on the borderline for me, I love it but if it was any more random than it is I wouldn't like it at all.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Family guy in since season 2/3 has had an identity crisis, it cant decide if it wants to be a clip show or a satirical narrative cartoon. It just looks like a mess. The big problem i have is the ammount of 'in jokes' they use that just dont make any sense. Theres one i saw recently where they had the baby saying 'cool whip' but putting emphasise on the H, it went on for 4 minutes ... WTF. Another thing i dont get is the chicken fights, they take a good 4/5 minutes for absolutely no reason. IF you cant make a 30 minute episode, they dont make 30 minute episodes lol.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I know exactly what you mean, its like the writers aren't even trying anymore. Instead they find random crap to fill their 23 minutes obligation plus commercials. All of the new episodes are half singing sequences and it really blows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)