Protesters want U.S. to give CA, A.Z. back to Mexico, Open all borders (2 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    She just doesn't "get it." Open the borders and you will have hell on Earth progressively working its way North. Just look at border towns like Juarez -- absolute hell. And if you think unemployment and wages are bad now, just wait for the infiltration of Mexicans.

Letting them have California would be fine with me though.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Like I've said before, the mistakes of the past are coming back to bite the wealthy and the powerful nations. Not too long ago what happened across the globe had little affect on the lives of people in their own country but now every little cough and sneeze somewhere in this world is of concern to everyone.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I don't think Juarez would be the best choice for comparison because that is the most dangerous city on Earth because of the Narcos.

I've met some people who live in border towns (that aren't Ciudad Juarez and aren't taken by drug cartels) and they live perfectly fine.

Obviously the idea of opening all borders is a joke though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    If that darkie loves Mexicans so much why doesn't she just go live in that dump of a country. The whole immigration system needs to be reformed completely. The anchor babies law needs to be changed and everybody who gained residency here through that and similar cheap tricks gets a one way ticket back. If they want to come here through legal means I have no problem with it but at this point the National guard should go through and do sweeps city by city arresting and deporting every last one of the illegals. It is a last resort but we are at that point now. I really don't care for this bleeding heart nonsense anymore about America being a land of immigrants, its time to get tough on them.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    If that darkie loves Mexicans so much why doesn't she just go live in that dump of a country. The whole immigration system needs to be reformed completely. The anchor babies law needs to be changed and everybody who gained residency here through that and similar cheap tricks gets a one way ticket back. If they want to come here through legal means I have no problem with it but at this point the National guard should go through and do sweeps city by city arresting and deporting every last one of the illegals. It is a last resort but we are at that point now.
    That's a martial law and REX 84 scenario. You definitely don't want that to happen, trust me.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Why not? These people are leeching billions of dollars they do not deserve in money from the government run and various other social programs that can barely take care of the poor we had already. These people come here illegally never paying a dime in taxes, steal jobs from citizens and have 10 babies that the state covers with food, health care, housing and clothes. I understand that they are fleeing poverty but its time to deport every last one of them.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    I don't think Juarez would be the best choice for comparison because that is the most dangerous city on Earth because of the Narcos.

I've met some people who live in border towns (that aren't Ciudad Juarez and aren't taken by drug cartels) and they live perfectly fine.

Obviously the idea of opening all borders is a joke though.
    What do you mean by "best example"? It's an example for sure, and so are places like Nuevo Laredo and Nogales which have been plagued by violence.

If those borders are opened you will see similar violence across certain cities in the United States meaning that yes, it will be just as bad. And hence using Juarez as an example is justified.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Here is a solution that wouldn't resolve this but would help somewhat,
    Decriminalizing drugs in the states like they have in Mexico would ruin the profits of many of these drugs gangs and free up millions of dollars that is wasted fighting a losing war on drugs. Not to mention that it makes no sense to treat a public health problem like drug abuse as a criminal matter. Arresting and prosecuting people whether they are just pot smokers or heroin addicts does nothing but waste tax payer money, clog up the court system and prisons with non violent offenders, turn non violent people into criminals, and mess up their futures making it more likely that they will be unable to get out of their bad situation with drugs. It would also have a profound affect on Mexico if these dealers were no longer making money illegally smuggling drugs into the states

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    Why not? These people are leeching billions of dollars they do not deserve in money from the government run and various other social programs that can barely take care of the poor we had already. These people come here illegally never paying a dime in taxes, steal jobs from citizens and have 10 babies that the state covers with food, health care, housing and clothes. I understand that they are fleeing poverty but its time to deport every last one of them.
    I can see why you would want to deport them, but having the US military go from house to house in suspension of the Posse Comitatus Act will bring absolute chaos to the streets of this country. Apart from the millions of illegal aliens and legal Mexican Americans acting in self-defense, you'll have non-Mexicans rejecting it as well and folks will fight back. Remember, citizens of this country bought millions of firearms this past year, some for this exact reason. If the government pulls such a thing it will not only cause an uprising, but then will start to target any form of dissent whatsoever. Then you're going to be headed to that camp with your new buddies Paco and Jose.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Exactly, the problem is that mexican states that are close to the border let the drug cartels operate because drugs are the #1 income for them and they won't let that go away

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I agree that having armed forces in the streets is frightening but what other choice do we have? California has already tried the soft approach and that has not worked. When a policy like this has clearly failed and is having drastic results then it is time for change. Something has to be done, no matter how ugly or distasteful it is time to get tough with these people. The illegals have no right to self defense IMO. This is the only lingering social issue that I feel I agree with the radical conservatives on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)