OP
Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #61
    In case you didnt notice, i just posted the DEMO for PES 2009,
    so any first impressions?
    The graphics and the interface seem to be a whole step behind FIFA 2009, but again, we dont which resolution and texture settings the Demo uses,
    the full version will probably be able to deliver more when maxed up...
    The control system is the system, but it has been tweaked and it seems to be improved!
    Much more precise/sharp than PES 2008, crosses and through balls go exactly where you aim, defending is again almost as easy as it was in PES 2007
    Dribbling with the ball is much more enjoyable and with the precise passing, i could easily perform the one-twos i was dreaming of in PES 2008

And YES, the covering system has finally been improved, it has finally reached the FIFA standards, despite the positioning still sucking, the selection of the players have been greatly enhanced, you can now have the option to intercept the opposition with a player who is actually is in a place to stop him.
    The manual selection this time includes every player you wish and it does not change between two players, as before.

The control seem to be greatly enhanced and the games against real players are going to be much more fun.
    The AI seems to be a little weaker though and the refs seem to be a little more "strict", i fooled the AI many times and forced them to perform plenty of yellow card tackles.
    They can no longer chope you down unpunished, it seems that Konami fixed all the little things this, the gameplay and the control of this game are one step closer to perfection!

The turf and the interface look worse than previous editions though and much worse than FIFA 2009, even the animations seem to less smooth than the usual PES, high quality standards.
    The hard core fans will be pleased with the enhanced gameplay,
    but the neutral fans might get disappointed from the first look of the graphics.

Maybe this was the reason, that Konami delayed the demo,
    if the final version has graphics as good as the latest FIFA, then the new PES is an overkill!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    So when does it come out in Canada?

PS by the way, in PES2008, what do I have to do to make my CBs (let's say Chiellini) go forward during corners or FKs from the side?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    Demo is now available on XBOX market place for those who are interested.

Nin0: I think you need to hit the buttons to manually change the team strategy to full attack.. Thet's when you have the team status on Red

Mesh3lovic

Forza Molinaro
    Oct 1, 2008
    εℓ niño;1760777 said:
    So when does it come out in Canada?

PS by the way, in PES2008, what do I have to do to make my CBs (let's say Chiellini) go forward during corners or FKs from the side?
    you can choose 3 players to go up

you can find it in the formation menues " players to go up " I think

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Nin0: I think you need to hit the buttons to manually change the team strategy to full attack.. Thet's when you have the team status on Red[/QUOTE]

Oww, sounds like a lil pain in the ass doing that every time though, mate.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    Just played the demo on XBOX it is fantastic. Looking forward to the real deal.

Teams available are Liverpool, ManU, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Frandce and Italy..

Mesh3lovic

Forza Molinaro
    Oct 1, 2008
    I'm downloading PS3 demo now..

εℓ niño
    Paolo De Ceglie

Go to Formation Setting then choose Setplay Settings then choose player to go up you can choose 3 players to go up on the corners and free kicks

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    ladies and gentlemen the judges have scored this a unanimous victory for the superb,class and STILL no.1 footballing game on a home console..PES

in all reality it was really a no-contest! my brother in law went out and bought FIFA last weekend as he was particularly disappointed with last years PES.boy,did he regret it. by monday he had already made up his mind that he was gonna trade it in for the new PES when it came out,he didn't care how it played it had to be better than FIFA.
    curious to see how it played me and my mate went up there on tuesday to have a shot and we were all underwhelmed. FIFA feels slow,sluggish and you still feel that there is a pre-determined pattern that once you fine will simply allow braindead goal-fests

while we played we downloaded the demo of PES and gave that a bash. what a difference,now i must say that last years version on Xbox was poor,but it seems all the bugs have been ironed out and what you have is a free-flowing,tactical masterclass,it basically runs rings round FIFA.
    i guess the main point is that in 30 minutes playing a demo we had more fun than a few hours of a finished game. i know where my money will be spent

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    This years PES lost its La Liga license (only Barca and Real licensed), the total retards actually managed to lose one of the few licenses it had (lost other teams like Bayern etc too..instead of increase licenses, they lost several...).

I dont know how they manage to completely suck on the overall package, the licenses, music, master league, virtually no new stuff unless its done in a retarded half assed way like Be a legend, just to copy crappy Fifa. Totally worthless on all accounts except on the pitch. They dont even try...

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Its totally pointless because its a seperate cup you just play individually. Its NOT interwined with career mode, the Master league (who hasnt changed for years and completely suck), but is just a cup you play and finish, and thats that (like Konami cup, just with real title name). Lame, lame, lame.

I mean, instead of improve on things, they managed to lose the whole frigging La Liga license??? Cheap bastards.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    yea that sux, but EA is a gigantic ass company, I think Konami couldn't compete with them on the license valuations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)