Premiership star fails drugs test! (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well he might as well have not gone with the B test,it'd have prolonged his suffering.for as long as doping tests have been carried out secondary tests have nearly always shown the same results as the first.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:down: Its a shame. I wonder if his problems at Chelsea made him start using drugs. I knew he should have never gone London. :groan: :careerruiners:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Maybe so, but I know I wouldn't be very happy being disregarded by my coach.

Hopefully the suspension won't be that harsh.

Yeah, it seems that everyone hates him: wife, coach so the poor guy needs to find something nice to do. Blame everyone, but not him.

*I'm being sarcastic now, if you didnt realise that*

I hope the opposite: good football player, football star for Romanians taking cocain? Please.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
He's an idiot. If he was such a nice guy he wouldn't be accused of playing below par for the national team (maybe not recently but in the past), beating up his wife and taking drugs. The moment he left Parma he started talking trash about Serie A and how much better England is. Last year he had a sub par season by his standards and now he's being left out of the team completely, desperate for a return to Italy. He's made his bed, now he has to sleep in it. And to take drugs on top of that, how dumb is that? If they nailed Maradona, they'll take you too.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Ya, like everyone else already said. Good thing Moggi didnt pick him up for Juve afterall. Even though Trez is injured, we would have had some doped striker who would be banned from the game. Nonetheless, the Jan transfer window is gonna be huge for Juve.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
He's an idiot. If he was such a nice guy he wouldn't be accused of playing below par for the national team (maybe not recently but in the past), beating up his wife and taking drugs. The moment he left Parma he started talking trash about Serie A and how much better England is. Last year he had a sub par season by his standards and now he's being left out of the team completely, desperate for a return to Italy. He's made his bed, now he has to sleep in it. And to take drugs on top of that, how dumb is that? If they nailed Maradona, they'll take you too.
I wonder how you know all of this , because all what you said is true , he beated the hell out of his wife 1 year ago , here in Romania they kept talking about it , He also talked bad about Serie A.

This guy deserve all this

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Disgraced Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu has denied taking cocaine, but has admlitted to taking another substance. "I didn't take cocaine. I took something to make me feel good, I'll tell you later what it was," he told Romanian television on Thursday after leaving a meeting at the English FA.

Mutu, who faces a ban after failing the drugs test in training, said he would make no further comments. On Tuesday, English players' union chief Gordon Taylor said Mutu had admitted testing positive for cocaine.

Earlier in the day, in his first public comments since the story of his testing positive for drugs broke last weekend, Mutu told Romanian sports daily Pro Sport: "Things about my situation were greatly exaggerated. What has happened to me has shown me who my real friends are.

Pro Sport said: "It seems both sides have reached an agreement that the striker will remain with Chelsea and the club will not pay his salary during the ban."

Asked to confirm whether the meeting had taken place, an FA spokesman said the ruling body would not be making any comment on the case.

Chelsea have also refused to comment, saying only that the player had been signed off by their medical department. Once a player has failed a drugs test the matter becomes the responsibility of the FA rather than the club.

The FA case is likely to last at least two weeks before the length of any suspension is decided.

PLAYBOY EXPLOITS

Mutu's agents have said the striker, stories of whose playboy exploits have filled the pages of the tabloid press in Britain for the last few days, was devastated and wanted to cooperate with any FA hearing.

Mutu, who returned from two days in Italy on Thursday, has agreed to counselling and to waive the right to a test of a B sample.

Earlier Romania coach Anghel Iordanescu said Mutu would be warmly welcomed back to the national side after any suspension he might receive. "The national team needs him, I need him and so do his team mates," Iordanescu said.

"Mutu made a mistake. A lot of young players make mistakes and I don't think he should be buried."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)