Premier League 2021-22 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
True but even in terms of trophies, Pool leads United only in Europe

Domestically, United are ahead both in terms of PL's and domestic cups.

Don't we have a similar situation in Italy? Just saying....
United are the better domestic club if we look within their league then, Pool better European club. They almost have the same amount of league titles.

If we can't look at numbers to define the best, then what stops newer fans to think City is the best PL club while disregarding past achievements if they win a CL and a couple more league titles ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
United are the better domestic club if we look within their league then, Pool better European club. They almost have the same amount of league titles.

If we can't look at numbers to define the best, then what stops newer fans to think City is the best PL club while disregarding past achievements if they win a CL and a couple more league titles ?
Who cares what new fans think. The numbers are there, no matter the years.

Like I said there are 3 factors, Liverpool wins in 2: CL titles and overall number of official trophies, domestic + international.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck The Red Cunts of Manc. Long may they continue to be mired in mediocrity. A genuinely despicable club with an even more disgusting and delusional fanbase.

They're obviously historically very relevant, but before Ferguson took over, they only had mild success in the 50s and 60s. They were insignificant in the 70s and 80s, and before that in the 30s and 40s. Prior to SAF taking over, they'd won 7 titles (Genoa or Bologna level).

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Fuck The Red Cunts of Manc. Long may they continue to be mired in mediocrity. A genuinely despicable club with an even more disgusting and delusional fanbase.

They're obviously historically very relevant, but before Ferguson took over, they only had mild success in the 50s and 60s. They were insignificant in the 70s and 80s, and before that in the 30s and 40s. Prior to SAF taking over, they'd won 7 titles (Genoa or Bologna level).
I find Liverpool more disgusting in many ways.

Could also have to me nearly forgetting how irritating United fans are because of them being shit since Fergie left. But some Liverpool fans have been unbearable the past 3 years.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Did Bayern return to mediocrity when Van Gaal left? When Heycnkes left? When Guardiola left?

We still been relevant, despite some setbacks under Kovac and now under Nagelsmann. Flick won us the treble, but managers in Bayern don't tend to last very long because of the constant turmoil inside the club.

My point is, having a manager like Klopp for so many years and SAF too for that matter is fantastic but it also means you're in deep shit when you have to replace them down the line. They became institutions and the face of the club.

United never recovered from it (lets see if Ten Hag can change that), and something tells me Liverpool will be in for a very difficult time as well.

I don't know how competent the Liverpool board is, but if it's like United then they're in for some grim times.

Anyway, I do get your point. There's some uncertainties around the club right now. Be it with Nagelsmann, Kahn and Brazzo. To me is it more the fact we lost Uli and KHR as board members that might make us irrelevant like 2002-2009 again. Kahn and Brazzo seems levels below them in the way of handling the club.
Well the United board made some good signings "on paper" that didn't work out. Falcao, Di Maria, Sanchez, Pogba, Ibra, Lukaku, B. Fernandes. But under Ferguson they had a British backbone, he had the dressing room under full control, and the internationals they signed (at the times they dominated) bought in into the culture fully. Now look at the mess, the dressing room is a disaster and players do whatever the fuck they want. You had big names like Mourinho or Van Gaal there but they couldn't do anything. They need someone to start from scratch and build a culture again, Ten Hag could be it if they support him and he is allowed to clean the dressing room. But it could also go 100% wrong like with other coaches. With Liverpool too, it will depend on who replaced Klopp, and if he will be allowed to build a culture, or they'll be buying big names with big egos that will run every coach out of town

- - - Updated - - -

include international trophies too. That's what I mean by the 'overall trophies' factor (counting EVERYTHING, big or small).

Let's do Spain:

Most leagues: Real
Most CLs: Real
Most overall trophies: I think Barcelona

Real wins 2-1
Real 91 (about to be 92, maybe 93)
Barcelona 87

Edit: United 66
Liverpool 64

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)