Premier League 2021-22 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I thought Pool will burnout just like Klopp's Dortmund after that whirlwind PL season a couple of years ago but what he's done post that season has been remarkable. Even more impressive than what he managed in his initial years.

Guess it also helps that they don't have to sell their best players like they did in the past.

If Pep stays on beyond his current contract too, it's going to be a long road towards the top for Union. If things go south once again, they could easily end up becoming the next Arsenal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
lol a team that presses and plays with an extremely high line has one of the best goalkeepers in 1v1 situations and attacks against the run of play, I’m sure that’s just an accident hehe
Was joke, bro. Poking fun at the “coach is bailed out/carried by top player” narrative on Tuz. Thought this is obvious. :shifty:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I envy Liverpool, not because of Klopp or CL title or play style, but because they had patience and built the team the right way. Systemic building, plugging 1-2 holes each summer and without big sales aside from Coutinho in the beginning.

And I envy them because they have normal fans who understood all this and supported the team and coach instead of whatever it is we have.

May 23, 2013
Tbf I remember Liverpool being a joke club in the early 2010s. There were some howler transfers and managerial appointments made by the club including but not limited to Carrol, Downing, Borini, Hodgeson etc.

It was only after Klopp came that Liverpool recruitment became top level. Though that doesn't necessarily have to do with him.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I envy Liverpool, not because of Klopp or CL title or play style, but because they had patience and built the team the right way. Systemic building, plugging 1-2 holes each summer and without big sales aside from Coutinho in the beginning.

And I envy them because they have normal fans who understood all this and supported the team and coach instead of whatever it is we have.
They worked out that patience because they had no expectations after 30 years of mediocrity.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Tbf I remember Liverpool being a joke club in the early 2010s. There were some howler transfers and managerial appointments made by the club including but not limited to Carrol, Downing, Borini, Hodgeson etc.

It was only after Klopp came that Liverpool recruitment became top level. Though that doesn't necessarily have to do with him.
michael edwards

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

You could see the bigger picture though when they were rebuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)