Premier League 2021-22 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Not even then, let's be real.
I can see it. People were seriously considering Jorginho for it and imo Trent is a better player. All it takes is to be in a winning team. Plus 5 goals from a RB in the WC is unheard of and Trent has a cannon, he can definitely find the back of the net.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s a big if obviously

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
9 points in 2 games is possible? :shifty: (Nice edit on the Liverpool part :p )

Conte alienated himself by being a fuckwit. He’s a great league coach and a complete twat of a human being who throws tantrums every couple years and runs crying to a new club.
Yet he had no problems working with Beppe again at Inter and working with Tici now at Spurs.

Hadnt realized pool were carrying 2 games as well :D .... Spurs would be ahead of Chelsea.. ofc IF they win the 4 games.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I’d rather have Allegri, he’s a better coach imo. Conte is great for building teams but his European record is so ridiculous, his play style is too strict for that.

We are nowhere near winning the league and are praying to make top 4 in a miserable Serie A. I'd love to get back to taking the league for granted and worrying about Europe.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He literally threw a tantrum after two years at Inter with Marotta and stormed out, and it’s gotten to the point he had to take a mediocre job at this team you say is mediocre, even with all sorts of top jobs available back in the summer because none of the top teams want a coach who throws tantrums and quits at the first sign of troubles. He did the same at Chelsea after bombing in his second season there. And did the same for the Azzurri after having a tantrum that clubs wouldn’t agree to release players for extra training camps lol. He’s a giant baby. Can stay the hell away from Juve.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yet he had no problems working with Beppe again at Inter and working with Tici now at Spurs.

Hadnt realized pool were carrying 2 games as well :D .... Spurs would be ahead of Chelsea.. ofc IF they win the 4 games.

- - - Updated - - -

We are nowhere near winning the league and are praying to make top 4 in a miserable Serie A. I'd love to get back to taking the league for granted and worrying about Europe.
we also topped our CL group. Anyways, conte wouldn’t win the league with this team, he’s just bitch he doesn’t have the players he wants. Allegri will get top 4 no problem.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Gallagher is a really good player btw.
He is, i only recently realized hes another Chelsea loanee.

Btw, i really believe theres become an erosion of national differences in the kind of footballers countries produce. England is a prime example. Look at the kind of players they're producing nowadays. Complete opposite of what you'd expect from conventional English footballers. Traditionally England don't normally produce the kind of skillful players who do well in tight spaces, play little one twos, are comfortable with the ball. Players like Sancho, Saka, Foden, Grealish, Mount and even Trent for a defender are not a conventional crop of English players. Now I'm not saying this is the best generation England has produced by any stretch. But i think they might do better than most if not all other generations, just because they have a better mix of players than other generations did.

Of course individually, the generation of Lampard, Rooney, Terry, Rio, Cashley Hole and Gerrard were definitely better. But i always thought that generation lacked a few technical players to complement them.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Trust the English to take a top player and find a way to overrate him too. He won't win a ballon d'or, Lewa is struggling to do that.

That being said, shouldn't take away from him being a top level fullback, one of the best in the world IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Pat Vieira :heart::heart:
Id go as far as saying he is the best fullback around, he's a deadly assist machine. basically a young, consistent Cuadrado.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Btw, i really believe theres become an erosion of national differences in the kind of footballers countries produce. England is a prime example. Look at the kind of players they're producing nowadays. Complete opposite of what you'd expect from conventional English footballers. Traditionally England don't normally produce the kind of skillful players who do well in tight spaces, play little one twos, are comfortable with the ball. Players like Sancho, Saka, Foden, Grealish, Mount and even Trent for a defender are not a conventional crop of English players. Now I'm not saying this is the best generation England has produced by any stretch. But i think they might do better than most if not all other generations, just because they have a better mix of players than other generations did.

Of course individually, the generation of Lampard, Rooney, Terry, Rio, Cashley Hole and Gerrard were definitely better. But i always thought that generation lacked a few technical players to complement them.
We all gotta stop thinking in stereotypes already, football has changed a LOT since we all first became fans.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

English clubs are spending so much money on their youth systems now, partly because of homegrown player rules. The league is awash with money and that filters through to every aspect. Best coaches, best facilities. The foreign influence on English football is now ingrained. It took a long time for that old generation of English footballers to die out but there are very few players from that relic era left now. On that note, I noticed that Ryan Shawcross retired the other day...

Also building the national football centre at St. George's Park to equate to those at Clairefontaine or Coverciano was a big step forward for all of the national teams. I have a friend who works there and the facilities are second to none.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012

It’s too early to tell but this could be the best English generation in our lifetime.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We all gotta stop thinking in stereotypes already, football has changed a LOT since we all first became fans.
Exactly my point. It's a bit if a shame I think. Back in the day you could really tell the difference between different national styles, I really don't think that's the case anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)