Premier League 2020-21 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I havent watched A.Villa - Is that Jack Garlic dude really that good?
garlic who?

or you mean grealish? i had my reservations at the beginning of the season, but i saw him like 5-6 times and he's the key for villa's impressive start and overall decent season. he plays every game too and rarely gets a rest. he's got twice the stamina of our mids.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's a good player, too good for Villa, but more than questionable off the field. People will insist that he's just a mistaken lad but I think incidents will follow him around. He clearly likes a drink and would need a more professional change at a club like Juve.

Falls over all the time and wins a lot of free kicks, which annoys people in England but would probably look good in Italy or Spain. It would annoy the hell out of the anti-Juve as well.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
garlic who?

or you mean grealish? i had my reservations at the beginning of the season, but i saw him like 5-6 times and he's the key for villa's impressive start and overall decent season. he plays every game too and rarely gets a rest. he's got twice the stamina of our mids.
Garlic is also a key player for any team he plays in when used cautiously.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
city scored an interesting goal: the linesman (lineswoman?) raised her flag during a city attack, the referee let city continue their attack, and cancelo scored a beauty. after var review, they confirmed that silva wasn't offside during the build-up, so the goal stood.

dunno what's the protocol (or whether there's any) for these cases, but i find reasonable that some of the west brom defenders stopped defending when the lineswoman raised her flag.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Thats interesting. Flag is there for signalling and you need a whistle from the main ref to stop the game at any given moment, but without VAR the ref would never question the linesman. West Brom should've just played to the whistle, but the linesman really can't afford to make these close calls anymore, give the attacking team the advantage, City possibly dont score without that flag

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The mistake is from the lineswoman. She is supposed to keep her flag down if there is some doubt, the play goes on, everyone concentrates, and if City still score then VAR will confirm it offside or not. Because she flags some West Brom player stop playing, which is poor on their part, and City go on with a 'free shot' to nothing and score.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1833470#:~:text=When an immediate goalscoring opportunity,to indicate the initial offence.

City had another odd goal against Villa last week:

As far as I knew it if you were offside and then interfered with play it was a free-kick. Rodri was way offside, then because Mings attempts to play the ball and miscontrols, the law says that Rodri can become active again even from his position.

There was such controversy with this that the PL and EFL are changing the rule to prevent any player who is in an offside position interfering with play (as I and everyone else presumed the rule already was).

Aston Villa's manager Dean Smith asked the ref if "he got juggling balls for Christmas" and repeatedly called him a "clown" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)