Premier League 2018/19 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Vialli_92 is the Tuz member with the redcafe account, who guaranteed that City would win CL last year after the group stages. :seven:

@Ventus is the Tuz member who gets scared every time a so-called "rival" goes on a short run of good form. :lol3:

Pick your poison? :boh:
Both should be banished to relevant EPL Fag Forums where they can indulge in their love for everything EPL related.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think they've bought clever rather than spending shitloads. They've spent less than the likes of fulham and around same as west ham and i doubt they'll reach chelski standards. Their first season they spent very little, this season they did the loan with option and bought jota and boly which was a clever move. Players like moutinho, jiminez have increased the quality but i doubt theyll be top 4-5 big spenders.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They are doing it quite under the radar but in the Championship they were signing Champions League players, so they haven't had to make a massive spend to establish themselves as a PL side. Their relationship with Jorge Mendes ensures that they will get good players at a certain rate, but you'll see their spending shoot up this summer.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think I've made it very clear that I hate the EPL, and I've been this way since I joined. However, claiming that EPL is the best league this season based on evidence; how successful they've been in Europe, is hardly a "fetish." So please don't get your pussy in a twist. :confused:
Ok Bro. I still don't agree that the EPL is the best league this season. What evidence are you talking about? Let's see how the season pans out before rushing to conclusions. I'm not the one who has my proverbial knickers in a twist, but you need to take out that Lukaku dildo from where the sun don't shine ;)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think I've made it very clear that I hate the EPL, and I've been this way since I joined. However, claiming that EPL is the best league this season based on evidence; how successful they've been in Europe, is hardly a "fetish." So please don't get your pussy in a twist. :confused:
It's hard to measure one league's strength and compare it to other leagues, when only around 1/3 of its teams play in Europe.
But, it's true that this year the EPL will have the highest UEFA coefficient, even if La Liga still has a minor (0.6 pts) advantage. In the next round already, EPL will be on top, considering that Villareal-Valencia and Tottenham-City will bring guaranteed pts to both leagues, but EPL will have Liverpool, United, Arsenal and Chelsea to bring more pts, while La Liga will have only Barca.
It's clear that the EPL is back. Last year, for the first time since 2007/08, they had the highest UEFA coefficient. La Liga teams won both competitions in 2018, but the EPL teams did better as a group. This year something similar could happen. In any case, for the 2nd year running the EPL will win the seasonal UEFA coefficient table, which is a nice evidence that they're, if not THE best, then at least the same as La Liga.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I think when most people talk about the best league they do mean the best out of the league's European football reps. And that's fair enough. I really doubt anybody truly gives a fuck about debating whether SPAL or Swansea are better. These debates are usually brought up by the fans from the top clubs anyway. Can't say I've ever met a fan of a smaller club that takes any joy whatsoever in the teams that dick on them in the league every year doing well in Europe.

So yeah, the EPL is the best league this season. Before that it was Spain and it wasn't even close. The non CL/EL teams are a tad irrelevant because they never play outside of their respective leagues there's nothing to compare.

Always hated the best league arguments though, probably because living in England the fans of big clubs here are fucking obsessed with the EPL brand. Sky sports has done a number on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)