Premier League 2018/19 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Of course I don’t know the answers in relation to my own team. But I wouldn’t be calling our board 'a joke’ if our deal was in the region of what comparatively marketable teams were getting.

And this is different to critiquing football tactics or on-field play, which is far more transparent. We’ve also all kicked a football about and watched hundreds/thousands of football matches - how many of us have negotiated a commercial contract?

We can offer evidence and reasons as to why tactics don’t work, or why this or that formation is better in certain circumstances. It’s very hard to do the same sort of thing with commercial deals, of which we have very little insight or information on which to make a judgement.
I said that I understand your point but throwing 3 complicated questions to somebody's face because they said something slightly irrational in a football forum is over the top, and honestly a little arrogant. And I still think my comparison to football tactics is valid in principal. Only the extent is different. Running a football teams' tactics is much more complicated than what we like to think, don't you agree?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
I said that I understand your point but throwing 3 complicated questions to somebody's face because they said something slightly irrational in a football forum is over the top, and honestly a little arrogant. And I still think my comparison to football tactics is valid in principal. Only the extent is different. Running a football teams' tactics is much more complicated than what we like to think, don't you agree?
So it’s the tone, rather than the content, of my post that you have issue with?

And, although I don’t recall you policing others’ far more offensive posts, I will take your feedback on board.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Juve was as marketable as Bayern at the time Bayern signed their kit deal?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
So it’s the tone, rather than the content, of my post that you have issue with?

And, although I don’t recall you policing others’ far more offensive posts, I will take your feedback on board.
Not only the tone but the argument. I understand that we don't have access to a lot of information regarding our clubs and how this business is run, but same thing goes to the footballing side of things. does that stop us from chiming in on tactics, or player selection, or even physical treatment of the players?
Look at the other arguments on this thread for instance. Enron notes that you can't compare past deals to what Arsenal is signing today. The others note that they see far more X and Y jerseys than Juve jerseys. But your argument is pretty much "you know nothing". That's not a good argument in a football forum.
I'm not a mod and it's not really policing. I'm not in charge here. My intention is not to give you a hard time to make myself feel better. Just pointing out the flaw I saw in your argument. That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Juve was as marketable as Bayern at the time Bayern signed their kit deal?
Don't know. How is that related to my post though?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Of course I don’t know the answers in relation to my own team. But I wouldn’t be calling our board 'a joke’ if our deal was in the region of what comparatively marketable teams were getting.

And this is different to critiquing football tactics or on-field play, which is far more transparent. We’ve also all kicked a football about and watched hundreds/thousands of football matches - how many of us have negotiated a commercial contract?

We can offer evidence and reasons as to why tactics don’t work, or why this or that formation is better in certain circumstances. It’s very hard to do the same sort of thing with commercial deals, of which we have very little insight or information on which to make a judgement.
Not that hard, shirt sales numbers are available publicly and that's pretty much factor number one behind Adidas wanting to sponsor anyone - sell 10 euro shirts for 100 euros as much as possible. In 2016, the first year we were under Adidas, Juventus was already number 7 in shirts sold worldwide, while commercially the deal has been around 9th-10th place ever since it was signed. That's a bad 6-year deal if you're on the losing side from year 1.

source: https://www.totalsportek.com/football/clubs-with-most-shirt-sales/

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
It’s not just about shirt sales but how much other Adidas stuff would get sold as a result of the sponsorship (boots, trainers, gym kit etc) and quantifying the advertising exposure a particular team offers, and so TV coverage is relevant too.

Juve probably are more marketable than Bayern right now, but may or may not have the exposure - in the right markets, which the brand is targeting - as the PL does.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Ricardo Pereira looks like a numpty. Terrible defender.

Knew he was doomed the moment Badass started overhyping him

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ricardo Pereira looks like a numpty. Terrible defender.

Knew he was doomed the moment Badass started overhyping him
Indeed.

And kinda bizzare Leicester asked for 100m from United for Maguire, a defender who can only head the ball and looks lost defending on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Liverpool will win the league this year.
Defenitely City's main competion, because they looked to fixed their defence in last month's of last season, signed an amazing goalie, and add lots of quality to their midfield.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah, that's a signing for Liverpool curse. One season wonder.
Nah he is great, he saved sooooo many points for Roma last season. He would saved atleast one of the goals last night if he was still in Roma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)