Premier League 2018/19 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Nah quit bitching. Nothing we can do about not being in the most marketable league in the world.
Bayern get a similar sum too. And they still had 5 years left with their previous deal before they signed a 10 year extension.

And I didn't know that wishin we got a much better deal is considered bitching.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Arsenal are on the verge on signing a £300m kit sponsorship deal with Adidas, with Puma's contract with the club expiring at the end of this season. (Source: Football London)
Better pray EPL never gets rid of its 3rd competition and of its crazy schedule in general.
If they get decent rest, EPL clubs will dominate big time with the amount of cash they make out of thin air.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Arsenal are on the verge on signing a £300m kit sponsorship deal with Adidas, with Puma's contract with the club expiring at the end of this season. (Source: Football London)
that 6 year deal at 23m a season we did with Adidas is a complete joke. epl is commercially more successful, but i imagine the expected amount of shirts sold have a way bigger say in contract negotiations than who gets more tv exposure, so I wouldn't blame Serie A as much as I'd blame Marotta / whoever signed that deal with Adidas, compared to what Adidas are paying Arsenal, they got the deal of a life time with Juventus.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
that 6 year deal at 23m a season we did with Adidas is a complete joke. epl is commercially more successful, but i imagine the expected amount of shirts sold have a way bigger say in contract negotiations than who gets more tv exposure, so I wouldn't blame Serie A as much as I'd blame Marotta / whoever signed that deal with Adidas, compared to what Adidas are paying Arsenal, they got the deal of a life time with Juventus.
Dude, it was said plenty of times that we get 100% of shirts sold via Juvestore.com and Juve Stores around Italy. Plus, we get a share of shirts sales via Adidas channels. With Ronaldo arrival it can beat Arsenal number. Still think our deal with Adidas is a joke?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Dude, it was said plenty of times that we get 100% of shirts sold via Juvestore.com and Juve Stores around Italy. Plus, we get a share of shirts sales via Adidas channels. With Ronaldo arrival it can beat Arsenal number. Still think our deal with Adidas is a joke?
yup, I still think the deal is a joke, pretty sure we're bringing in more money for Adidas than most teams above us in sponsorship deals, yet we chained to them for 3 more years. wonder whats the profit on shirts sold via JStores is though.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
yup, I still think the deal is a joke, pretty sure we're bringing in more money for Adidas than most teams above us in sponsorship deals, yet we chained to them for 3 more years. wonder whats the profit on shirts sold via JStores is though.
We will find out soon. However, I reckon it is big since we went out of stock in July.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Better pray EPL never gets rid of its 3rd competition and of its crazy schedule in general.
If they get decent rest, EPL clubs will dominate big time with the amount of cash they make out of thin air.
The major PL teams don’t care much for the League/FA Cup nowadays, so it is basically just the one competition now. Plus CL.

What you don’t want is the PL reducing to 18 teams, as that will (a) provide a bigger rest period inc. a winter break and (b) give an even bigger share of the TV money, split 18 rather than 20 ways.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You think our board is naive in agreeing to deals with Adidas?

Dear god, the arrogance :lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The same people around here think we get the shit end of the stick on every deal.

Just a few weeks ago were posts about how we were bending over backwards for milan by signing bonucci. The deal was nothing but a favor to them. No fathomable benefit to juventus in sight. Not trolling either, completely serious posts.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The same people around here think we get the shit end of the stick on every deal.

Just a few weeks ago were posts about how we were bending over backwards for milan by signing bonucci. The deal was nothing but a favor to them. No fathomable benefit to juventus in sight. Not trolling either, completely serious posts.

Our fucking chairman is Andrea Agnelli.

Perhaps people need to be reminded who the Agnellis are:

The Agnelli family (Italian pronunciation: [aɲˈɲɛlli]) is an Italian multi-industry business dynasty founded by Giovanni Agnelli, one of the original founders in Piedmont (in 1899) of what became the FIAT motor company. They are also primarily known for other activities in the automotive industry as the owners of Ferrari since 1969, Lancia (1969), Alfa Romeo (1986) and Chrysler (2009) through their own multinational corporation. The Agnelli family is also known for running the Italian Serie A football club Juventus F.C. since 1923 and being majority owners since the club's conversion to a public limited company in 1967.[citation needed] By 2010 the family controls Italy’s largest manufacturer,[1] Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino (FIAT), through its holding company EXOR N.V..
So let me get this straight. The hypothesis some of us are going with is basically that these people, who not only founded one of the biggest business empires ever, but have also been running this football club since 1923 were not business savvy enough to negotiate a reasonable deal?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Our fucking chairman is Andrea Agnelli.

Perhaps people need to be reminded who the Agnellis are:

So let me get this straight. The hypothesis some of us are going with is basically that these people, who not only founded one of the biggest business empires ever, but have also been running this football club since 1923 were not business savvy enough to negotiate a reasonable deal?
Of course. All those achievements are fairly simple

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You think our board is naive in agreeing to deals with Adidas?

Dear god, the arrogance :lol:
Looking at deals inferior teams have managed to get, we negotiated a crappy one and long one too, yes. While not being CEO of a multi-industry business, I also think we miscalculated on our stadium and already need a bigger one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)