Premier League 2018/19 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It’s about money unfortunately.

Especially having recently built a £1bn stadium, training complex and accommodation; and making revisions to the player wages policy.

This infrastructure is building for the long term and is expensive.

Finishing top 3 and advancing to the next stage of CL would bring in a basic £250m (exc. gate receipts and other commercial benefits) and winning the FA Cup? £6m.

I’m sure they wanted to win a domestic cup but they didn’t. That’s not great but it’s not a disaster. Poch (and the fans) might care but his employer certainly doesn’t.

City, Utd & Chelsea can afford to care strongly about the cups. Seems the rest of us can’t. It’s a pity as the FA Cup used to be really big. Now it’s a distraction, and that’s a shame.
Do you think the stadium is worth the investment? Matchday revenues are usually a miniscule percentage of clubs revenues and don't make up for the interest you have to pay to finance the stadium imo.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I'm hoping Cristiano clutches it up in CL, but I feel like as a team we're not yet completely in sync with him. Almost every player that is upfront had a better year last season, and it almost feel like we were more dangerous. Hopefully that's just an impression and we'll have a different outlook in the Champions.
Respectfully disagree. Mandzukic is way better this year, as is Berna, Dybala's goal scoring form in the league has suffered but he's having his best season in the CL so far. Douglas Costa is worse, no doubt, but I think the spitting incident and injuries have more to do with that than our tactics.
We don't seem in sync for sure, but its mainly the midfield failing to link up with the attack properly.
Also remember, we were gutter trash in the CL group stages last season, had to go to the last day to secure qualification. In the league we scored more goals but also dropped more points. Overall, I think we are much better this season, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Do you think the stadium is worth the investment? Matchday revenues are usually a miniscule percentage of clubs revenues and don't make up for the interest you have to pay to finance the stadium imo.
I don’t know. Levy, on the other hand is an economist, so I’d hope that he knows what he’s doing.

Rent paid by NFL, and the associated advertising revenue, will probably come in handy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don’t know. Levy, on the other hand is an economist, so I’d hope that he knows what he’s doing.

Rent paid by NFL, and the associated advertising revenue, will probably come in handy.
Naming rights and sponsorship deals are where the stadium money comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)