Premier League 2018/19 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I think that's when everyone wants to be playing their best football.
In the CL; obviously. But I can’t quite figure out Tottenham. Results are there, but they look like a team, which will easily get knocked out of the CL, if they play a big team. I got the samme feel about you guys. It looks like you have to choose between PL and CL (like last year). Though, it seems like Klopp has his eyes on the PL. I think that makes sense.

Edit: I think Barcelona are favourites. Bayern and City just below.
Got a feeling we’ll suck in the knockout stages.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we get knocked out by Atletico.
We’ve got problems scoring against defending teams. Atletico are experts at this. What I fear the most is their disgusting way of playing. They will play dirty (as always) and try to ruin the game flow. I actually think Ronaldo is going to face one of his toughest challenges (ref wise). Atletico will be all over him and we aren’t Real.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I'm hoping Cristiano clutches it up in CL, but I feel like as a team we're not yet completely in sync with him. Almost every player that is upfront had a better year last season, and it almost feel like we were more dangerous. Hopefully that's just an impression and we'll have a different outlook in the Champions.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm hoping Cristiano clutches it up in CL, but I feel like as a team we're not yet completely in sync with him. Almost every player that is upfront had a better year last season, and it almost feel like we were more dangerous. Hopefully that's just Serie A and we'll have a different outlook in the Champions.
Mandzukic and Cancelo look great with Ronaldo, and Bernadeschi looks like he can play with him when he hasn’t been injured, but we really need Dybala and Costa to get in sync with him.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017

Well, that hurts
LOL. B/R is the absolute gutter of American online 'journalism'. Posting out of context quotes, and without the relevant punctuation etc to establish tone. Brilliant use of ellipses (...) to hide what else was said that would have otherwise ruined their narrative.

Even the British gutter press didn't run with this story.

B/R's purpose is to get hits. And nothing gets hits like trolling.

Last edited:

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Pochettino: “Again we’re going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don’t agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four."

So, he says winning trophies isn't important or what? @Dantes

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Pochettino: “Again we’re going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don’t agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four."

Trophies only build your ego :touched: That should be on Napoli's crest

Gabigol

Jul 6, 2018

Mental illness.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017

You can read just as well as I can. I’m sure you don’t require my interpretation to form your opinion.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We’ve got problems scoring against defending teams. Atletico are experts at this. What I fear the most is their disgusting way of playing. They will play dirty (as always) and try to ruin the game flow. I actually think Ronaldo is going to face one of his toughest challenges (ref wise). Atletico will be all over him and we aren’t Real.
Having VAR is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that hurts
Wait, Tottenham's colors are Black & White? Since when?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

sounds like something Wenger would say

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
It’s about money unfortunately.

Especially having recently built a £1bn stadium, training complex and accommodation; and making revisions to the player wages policy.

This infrastructure is building for the long term and is expensive.

Finishing top 3 and advancing to the next stage of CL would bring in a basic £250m (exc. gate receipts and other commercial benefits) and winning the FA Cup? £6m.

I’m sure they wanted to win a domestic cup but they didn’t. That’s not great but it’s not a disaster. Poch (and the fans) might care but his employer certainly doesn’t.

City, Utd & Chelsea can afford to care strongly about the cups. Seems the rest of us can’t. It’s a pity as the FA Cup used to be really big. Now it’s a distraction, and that’s a shame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)