Premier League 2018/19 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yo Chelsea can't just keep fucking going through coaches like it's going out of style

Their squad is average, they have no leaders

Who is world class on that team? You could argue only Hazard

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yo Chelsea can't just keep fucking going through coaches like it's going out of style

I hope they get Zidane and he fails there, gets cheaper and comes to us, of course after Allegri won everything twice and wants to rest.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017

The character of Chelsea’s players stinks. What that club needs is a complete squad overhaul but no-one’s given long enough to do it.

I guess, as a fan, it’s not so bad. Win the PL one year, then a season or two being shit and mix in the sacking of the manager to shake things up a bit, and then win something again. But that’s wearing thin as a strategy now.

It’s such a difficult job and I’d be very surprised to see many top managers wanting to go there. It’s already a no-go area for young / developing players.

Chelsea’s becoming a haven for football mercenaries. And once Abramovich stops bankrolling this boom/bust cycle ... they’re fucked.

They just don’t have the fan base to get through any wilderness years. Successful club, yes. But really only the fourth biggest in London - behind West Ham.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The character of Chelsea’s players stinks. What that club needs is a complete squad overhaul but no-one’s given long enough to do it.

I guess, as a fan, it’s not so bad. Win the PL one year, then a season or two being shit and mix in the sacking of the manager to shake things up a bit, and then win something again. But that’s wearing thin as a strategy now.

It’s such a difficult job and I’d be very surprised to see many top managers wanting to go there. It’s already a no-go area for young / developing players.

Chelsea’s becoming a haven for football mercenaries. And once Abramovich stops bankrolling this boom/bust cycle ... they’re fucked.

They just don’t have the fan base to get through any wilderness years. Successful club, yes. But really only the fourth biggest in London - behind West Ham.
Are you sure about that? They seem very popular internationally, I know I see a lot of Chelsea jerseys being worn around here.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Massive game at OT Sunday, how do the Man U / Liverpool leaning people see this one going?

I'm praying for a Utd win. As a Spurs win v Burnley this weekend means the league title is in Tottenham's hands, i.e. win every game and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Sounds crazy right? They'll not win all 12 games. They're not good enough. Squad's too thin etc, etc.

We've three weeks off in March because of cup scheduling etc. Three whole weeks where Liverpool and City have three or four games respectively. It's more of a break than our squad had in the summer off-season!

So, come on. Get your support behind Spurs. Wouldn't it be nice to see a new name on the trophy!?

Disclaimer: I expect we'll still come third, but it's nice to have the chance to think big.

- - - Updated - - -

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Massive game at OT Sunday, how do the Man U / Liverpool leaning people see this one going?

I'm praying for a Utd win. As a Spurs win v Burnley this weekend means the league title is in Tottenham's hands, i.e. win every game and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Sounds crazy right? They'll not win all 12 games. They're not good enough. Squad's too thin etc, etc.

We've three weeks off in March because of cup scheduling etc. Three whole weeks where Liverpool and City have three or four games respectively. It's more of a break than our squad had in the summer off-season!

So, come on. Get your support behind Spurs. Wouldn't it be nice to see a new name on the trophy!?

Disclaimer: I expect we'll still come third, but it's nice to have the chance to think big.
City has 5 points more than Spurs, so even with a win against Burnley you guys wouldn't be first right?

I don't know for whom I'd cheer for between Manchester United and Liverpool to be honest

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
City has 5 points more than Spurs, so even with a win against Burnley you guys wouldn't be first right?

I don't know for whom I'd cheer for between Manchester United and Liverpool to be honest
We have a game in hand over City and have to play them. So winning out would put us 1 pt above them (if they also won all of their other games).

Again, not saying this is likely. But it's possible. Not giving up until it becomes impossible.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
We have a game in hand over City and have to play them. So winning out would put us 1 pt above them (if they also won all of their other games).

Again, not saying this is likely. But it's possible. Not giving up until it becomes impossible.
The points difference is not too bad. When does Kane, Alli and the rest come back? Could give you guys some push for the final sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)