Premier League 2017/18 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
What's this about Abramovic not having his Visa renewed for the UK lol? Could this spell the end of Chelsea?
Probably not a big deal.

"Abramovich’s visa is thought to have expired in April while he was out of the country, and he has not tried to enter Britain since. His new application would have to be made from abroad, probably Russia, which means he will be subject to slightly more rigorous criteria than if he applied from within the UK."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-thought-to-be-caught-up-in-uk-visa-crackdown

P.S. Gotta love the Comedy Kremlin PR team. This admin delay is an unfair and unfriendly action apparently. Poisoning and assassinations though, that's fine.

Mar 10, 2009
Probably not a big deal.

"Abramovich’s visa is thought to have expired in April while he was out of the country, and he has not tried to enter Britain since. His new application would have to be made from abroad, probably Russia, which means he will be subject to slightly more rigorous criteria than if he applied from within the UK."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-thought-to-be-caught-up-in-uk-visa-crackdown

P.S. Gotta love the Comedy Kremlin PR team. This admin delay is an unfair and unfriendly action apparently. Poisoning and assassinations though, that's fine.

I thought it might have been regarding the fact he was close to Putin. The thought of Chelsea imploding would have been hilarious.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Emery next Arsenal coach
Not a bad choice. If I supported Arsenal I'd be happier with him than Arteta, Allegri or Luis Enrique.

Experience, attacking football style that fits Arsenal, strong personality. If given the resources and patience to create and build a new project, I'd give him good odds to succeed.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Not a bad choice. If I supported Arsenal I'd be happier with him than Arteta, Allegri or Luis Enrique.

Experience, attacking football style that fits Arsenal, strong personality. If given the resources and patience to create and build a new project, I'd give him good odds to succeed.
His traits are actually a bit similar to Allegri

No particular footballing philosophy but adaptable, focuses more on tactical details. Makes average players look like top players. Downside is he's not exactly great with man managing especially when it comes to big personalities which Arsenal have none of. (Maybe Ozil). Another downside is his uber-safe and cowardly approach in situations where he doesnt need to be.

An inferior version of Allegri if you can call it.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
His traits are actually a bit similar to Allegri

No particular footballing philosophy but adaptable, focuses more on tactical details. Makes average players look like top players. Downside is he's not exactly great with man managing especially when it comes to big personalities which Arsenal have none of. (Maybe Ozil). Another downside is his uber-safe and cowardly approach in situations where he doesnt need to be.

An inferior version of Allegri if you can call it.
A Basque version of Allegri isn't too far off. His results in Europe with Paris takes a bit away from what have been some really good spells at Almeria, Valencia, Sevilla and PSG.

I could see his style from Sevilla (high pressing into direct attacking football) become a succes in Premier League; taking advantage of the somewhat naive 'high-line/high-pressing'-style of the League.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Agree with everything besides “strong personality” he was no-match for the star-studded players in PSG. Neymar was the true boss of that team and Emery knew it.

Not that he’ll have that problem at Arsenal :seven:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Agree with everything besides “strong personality” he was no-match for the star-studded players in PSG. Neymar was the true boss of that team and Emery knew it.

Not that he’ll have that problem at Arsenal :seven:
He shouldn't be judged on the Paris-'théâtre de l'absurde'. It's unfair since Neymar was protected by the owners and he was very well aware that not even the coach could touch him. This transplanted to the rest of the squad. Everything I've read from his tiem @king Ale in Spain and France is that he has a strong character and personality.

He'll bitchslap Özil if he starts giving him the fishy eyes

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
A Basque version of Allegri isn't too far off. His results in Europe with Paris takes a bit away from what have been some really good spells at Almeria, Valencia, Sevilla and PSG.

I could see his style from Sevilla (high pressing into direct attacking football) become a succes in Premier League; taking advantage of the somewhat naive 'high-line/high-pressing'-style of the League.
Maybe Arsenal could do with a change of football philosophy though? They have been defensively poor for couple of seasons now.

They needed a manager who also had authority. Emery couldnt even manage the Neymar- Cavani pen taking issue. And while there are less primadonnas like that at Arsenal...some of their players need kick in the ass treatment.

Nzonzi to Arsenal anyone? Think Arsenal needs more physical players there. And a new keeper.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
That's only really the style of 3/20 teams. City, Liverpool and Spurs. The rest tend to play 'park the bus' or a version thereof.

I'd suggest his first priority is to get consistently good results against the weaker teams, that will at least put them back in contention for CL qualification.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That's only really the style of 3/20 teams. City, Liverpool and Spurs. The rest tend to play 'park the bus' or a version thereof.

I'd suggest his first priority is to get consistently good results against the weaker teams, that will at least put them back in contention for CL qualification.
Arsenal and Bournemouth are definitely not "park the bus" teams either. The rest, you're right tend to play more defensive football, at least when they play against bigger teams.

- - - Updated - - -

On Emery, I am not particularly excited to be honest. He did not do a good job at PSG at all, especially with the squad he had at his disposal; he's going to have vastly inferior players at Arsenal. Also his league record is not particularly impressive whether its with PSG or even with Sevilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)