Premier League 2017/18 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
As crap as United are half the time Moaninho actually has a really good home record with them. I think they've only lost twice (both to City, lol) and won something like 69%.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Mourinho just bypassed Klopp's high press by playing long balls above Pool's attacking players :D

But seriously, say what you will about Mourinho, but few managers study and adapt to opposition as much as he does. Completely nullified Pool's threat by bypassing their high press with good accurate long balls and making sure his players were positioned well to win the second ball. His defense played deep and compact, which didn't give Salah and Mane any space to run into. Not the prettiest way to win in Old Trafford, but Mourinho doesn't care.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Liverpool defending is extremely poor yet they are considered UCL favourite
What?

Considered favorites by whom exactly? :lol:

#iknowyoujustsarcastic :D :tup:
Thing with Liverpool is when they click they are one of the best teams in the world and blitz you very fast with a couple of goals

They struggle to beat good teams when they aren't in that sort of form but on their day they can totally dominate any team

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Thing with Liverpool is when they click they are one of the best teams in the world and blitz you very fast with a couple of goals

They struggle to beat good teams when they aren't in that sort of form but on their day they can totally dominate any team
Listen, nobody's saying they ain't a quality side, but in my opinion even on their best day they simply won't be able to cope with the pressure of this latter stages, especially as long as they have such a leaky defence and overall lack of experience at this level(having many young players), could you realistically see them able to qualify over two legs against any of Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona or even Juventus atm? At this specific moment in time, this type of teams feed on your smallest of mistakes, hit you where it hurts and never look back for a moment, mentality wise we already talking about totally different calibers...

Point here would be this, is Liverpool really a UCL favorite/contender this season? 99% of the people i know will most likely tell you that's impossible atm. :tup:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Listen, nobody's saying they ain't a quality side, but in my opinion even on their best day they simply won't be able to cope with the pressure of this latter stages, especially as long as they have such a leaky defence and overall lack of experience at this level(having many young players), could you realistically see them able to qualify over two legs against any of Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona or even Juventus atm? At this specific moment in time, this type of teams feed on your smallest of mistakes, hit you where it hurts and never look back for a moment, mentality wise we already talking about totally different calibers...

Point here would be this, is Liverpool really a UCL favorite/contender this season? 99% of the people i know will most likely tell you that's impossible atm. :tup:
Consistently I would say they have no chance but if they find form at the right time I believe they can win it

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Consistently I would say they have no chance but if they find form at the right time I believe they can win it
there will be 6 better teams in the draw. still, if they draw roma/shakhtar in the quarters, then manutd in the semis (with penalties), and juve in the final... they can do it obviously. :baus:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
They made the quarters for the first time in 10 years. In 10 years...

Pool do not have the experience and pedigree of elite teams to win the CL. Maybe if they get a lucky draw, they can make it far but they arent going to win it.

Having said that, i'd prefer to see us face United ahead of Pool. Even though United have match-winners in their team , the movement and pace of Pool is exactly the kind of team we would struggle against. I mean, Chiellini for example would dominate the likes of Lukaku even in his sleep but would struggle against the trickery and movement of Firmino.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
They made the quarters for the first time in 10 years. In 10 years...

Pool do not have the experience and pedigree of elite teams to win the CL. Maybe if they get a lucky draw, they can make it far but they arent going to win it.

Having said that, i'd prefer to see us face United ahead of Pool. Even though United have match-winners in their team , the movement and pace of Pool is exactly the kind of team we would struggle against. I mean, Chiellini for example would dominate the likes of Lukaku even in his sleep but would struggle against the trickery and movement of Firmino.
Having watched yesterdays united-pool game, I'd rather face pool than united

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Having watched yesterdays united-pool game, I'd rather face pool than united
Its fair to feel that way imo but i just think our slow midfield is a huge concern. For sure Pool will leave gaps at the back but our strength is defense and i think we'd match better against United than Pool.

The one thing going for us should we draw Pool is their lack of experience in this competition and that matters a lot.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Mourinho just bypassed Klopp's high press by playing long balls above Pool's attacking players :D

But seriously, say what you will about Mourinho, but few managers study and adapt to opposition as much as he does. Completely nullified Pool's threat by bypassing their high press with good accurate long balls and making sure his players were positioned well to win the second ball. His defense played deep and compact, which didn't give Salah and Mane any space to run into. Not the prettiest way to win in Old Trafford, but Mourinho doesn't care.
Yeah but that shit only works with a guy as physically and technically dominating as lukaku, he singlehandedly carried the team the last few games

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Everyone is a favourite against us according to Vialli.
Man, you can't say that Liverpool is favourite. It's so stupid.
I never said they are favourites

They can blow any team out of the water on their day, very dangerous team to play against and I wouldn't be surprised to see them knock a big team or two out if they find form at that time

They are the only team to beat Man City in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)