Premier League 2017/18 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Because ya know guyse, never winning the CL/European Cup and only playing in 1 final in their entire history is equivalent to 2 CL/EC titles plus playing in 7 more finals.

And 0 UEFA Cup/Europa titles or finals, in comparison to our 3 UEFA Cup titles from 4 finals.

We definitely can't make fun of Arsenal. They have basically the same European success as us. :andyandbarcelona:
I went to our trophy room at juventus.com and cannot find those 7 playing-in-CL-finals cups, can you help them locate those please?
http://www.juventus.com/en/club/trophy-room/index.php

I also went to Napoli and Roma websites to see if they remembered to add all those Serie A 2nd place Scudetto's and guess what? Poor bastards forgot. You should help them out too.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Are we actually making fun of another team for not winning anything in the CL? :lol:

In case you guys didnt realize we only have 1 CL trophy in the modern era of the comp.
Bayern have also won just one CL in the last 15 years despite being one of the most dominant teams out there. Arsenal on the other hand are just a joke, they can't even get past the round of 16.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I can't see how anyone can consider Arsenal to be a footballing power house, perhaps in terms of financial position they are, but in footballing terms they're less significant than Feyenoord..

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I went to our trophy room at juventus.com and cannot find those 7 playing-in-CL-finals cups, can you help them locate those please?

I also went to Napoli and Roma websites to see if they remembered to add all those Serie A 2nd place Scudetto's and guess what? Poor bastards forgot. You should help them out too.
:agree:

Second is just the first loser in sport

It shows a loser mentality if you count second place finishes as achievements

Nobody remembers second place teams just the winners

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Bayern have also won just one CL in the last 15 years despite being one of the most dominant teams out there. Arsenal on the other hand are just a joke, they can't even get past the round of 16.
Funny you decided to say 15 and not 18 years, which for me is the modern era - at least to me. Since the 2000´s begun, we won it in 2001.

But yes.. Winning the CL requires so many things to work out at the same time.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
The modern era I believe started in 97 or 98 when it was no longer just the champions of the league that qualified and as a result the competition became harder to win as more stronger teams entered the competition in total

Before that the UEFA Cup was a very difficult tournament to win as it was mixed with a lot of very strong teams that did not win their league the previous season so was on par with the CL as better teams could be in the UEFA Cup overall than the CL

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Funny you decided to say 15 and not 18 years, which for me is the modern era - at least to me. Since the 2000´s begun, we won it in 2001.

But yes.. Winning the CL requires so many things to work out at the same time.
I know, I'm just trying to say that a team doesn't have to win the CL to be taken seriously. Look at Atletico, they've never won the CL, but they are a nightmare for so many teams (Bayern, Barca, Chelsea, Milan) Arsenal on the other hand have lost against all these teams and even smaller ones like Monaco.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I know, I'm just trying to say that a team doesn't have to win the CL to be taken seriously. Look at Atletico, they've never won the CL, but they are a nightmare for so many teams (Bayern, Barca, Chelsea, Milan) Arsenal on the other hand have lost against all these teams and even smaller ones like Monaco.
Atletico was so unlucky not to win at least one final. Both in 1974, 2014 and 2016 it was pure margins. About Arsenal, they are a joke of a club. I know they had a great team 10-15 years ago and in the late 90´s as well, but today they are all about finishing 4´th (at best), and then making it out of the group in CL.

They never been a big club outside of England.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I can't see how anyone can consider Arsenal to be a footballing power house, perhaps in terms of financial position they are, but in footballing terms they're less significant than Feyenoord..
This is just as nonsensical as those claiming Arsenal to be more than a Premier League powerhouse.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Nah. You're missing the point here. I don't celebrate 2nd place. My point was that Arsenal has never even been competitive in Europe, let alone won 2 CL and 3 EL. I was trying to show that we have been a regular fixture in the CL finals, while Arsenal have played in a single one ever.

That's all. Just serves to better illustrate how futile Arsenal has been in CL

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Your post seemed to link success in Europe to our numerous silver medals, my bad for interpreting it wrong
You have to get to a CL final to win it. Over the last few years our team has given immense joy to Juventini with wins over the likes of Chelsea, Barcelona, Man City, Dortmund, Real Madrid etc. What have Arsenal fans received apart from pain and humiliation at every turn? If winning the final is the ONLY thing you care about, why bother watching the rest of the games?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Nah. You're missing the point here. I don't celebrate 2nd place. My point was that Arsenal has never even been competitive in Europe, let alone won 2 CL and 3 EL. I was trying to show that we have been a regular fixture in the CL finals, while Arsenal have played in a single one ever.

That's all. Just serves to better illustrate how futile Arsenal has been in CL
:tup:

May 23, 2013
Atletico was so unlucky not to win at least one final. Both in 1974, 2014 and 2016 it was pure margins. About Arsenal, they are a joke of a club. I know they had a great team 10-15 years ago and in the late 90´s as well, but today they are all about finishing 4´th (at best), and then making it out of the group in CL.

They never been a big club outside of England.
Atletico should have the trophy for 2016...... Ramos's goal was offside and sadly Griezmann choked on his pen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)