Premier League 2017/18 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
15 goals, 5 assists in EPL this season, 1 goal, 0 assists vs City, Chelsea, United. in Serie A, 10 games vs Juve&Napoli, 1 goals and 3 assists. looks to be another Higuain. must be the reason @Hist likes him
@Post Ironic
:lol: no way you still think Caudrado is worthy of polishing his shoes.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Manchester United since Pogba came back from his suspension and Mou gave him captain's armband:

Knocked out of league cup by Championship side Bristol City. Three straight draws against Leicester, Burnley, Southampton. Last two at Old Trafford, and Leicester playing with 10 men for the final 20 minutes.

Mou and Pogba :seven:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Cuads is better then him, a hot form doesn't change much. Dybala>>Messi during the beginning of season according to same logic.
We do ppl keep insisting on comparing Cuads and Salah. They are very different players. Cuads drops deep, hassles opposition players puts in loads of work and generally contributes to the team in a number of ways that Salah doesn't have to.

If you just stuck Cuadrado up front and told him he didn't have to defend he would surely have better attacking numbers too. Not current Salah form, sure, but my point is that Cuads offers a much more complete game than Salah

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
United so bad, they are really struggling up front. Southampton's defending against Liverpool was atrocious but United just don't have the diversity and expansion to their attack.

What Scholes says about Pogba is true as well, he thinks he's a skillful #10 trying to take 3-4 players on but his build does not suit it.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
United so bad, they are really struggling up front. Southampton's defending against Liverpool was atrocious but United just don't have the diversity and expansion to their attack.

What Scholes says about Pogba is true as well, he thinks he's a skillful #10 trying to take 3-4 players on but his build does not suit it.
Mourinho's ball game has gone stale. Still got a decent grasp of the defensive side of his team. Granted he has never been an attacking mastermind, but still; what we see from a team with these players is appalling.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Said this last year but Pogba was at his best with us because he had more humility as a youngster and because we had giants of the game like Pirlo. Just touch it to Pirlo and get out of the way. If it comes back to you, do something quick and that's it.

Pogba is not a maestro.

Captain's armband, #10 (actually more like a #10 playing #6). This is all not going to work.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Said this last year but Pogba was at his best with us because he had more humility as a youngster and because we had giants of the game like Pirlo. Just touch it to Pirlo and get out of the way. If it comes back to you, do something quick and that's it.

Pogba is not a maestro.

Captain's armband, #10. This is all not going to work.
@zizinho @Fr3sh

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:lol:

he needs to come home. only Max knows how to make him WC

piss him off by beating him in basketball before games, then rub it in his face. probably the reason he left too

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
To put it another way, Pogba is the CM hovering around the box that Pjanic or Pirlo passes to. He is not Pjanic or Pirlo. The more he's on the ball in midfield, the less he can use his physical advantages (height, strength, jumping) and skills (shot, first touch dribble) around the box.

I guarantee every defender is happy to see Pogba on the ball in midfield instead of having to watch him out of the corner of their periphery for 90 minutes. Is he going to stay on the 45 of the box and smash it into the corner. Is he going to instead sprint from that area right onto the penalty spot and smash me into the net. Is he going to get behind me when the #9 drops into midfield?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
To put it another way, Pogba is the CM hovering around the box that Pjanic or Pirlo passes to. He is not Pjanic or Pirlo. The more he's on the ball in midfield, the less he can use his physical advantages (height, strength, jumping) and skills (shot, first touch dribble) around the box.

I guarantee every defender is happy to see Pogba on the ball in midfield instead of having to watch him out of the corner of their periphery for 90 minutes. Is he going to stay on the 45 of the box and smash it into the corner. Is he going to instead sprint from that area right onto the penalty spot and smash me into the net. Is he going to get behind me when the #9 drops into midfield?
his best position might actually be upfront left in the 3421, similar to how Lazio uses SMS. but Mourinho stacks the front line with 2 AMs, a winger and a CF, so Pogba has to play deeper

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

So he's a #8 rather than a #6 or #10?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
So he's a #8 rather than a #6 or #10?
Yes.

I watched most of their match today. He is supporting the wingers. The wingers are looking to cross. Pogba should be on the receiving end of that, not supporting the wingers for a ball backwards.

When they pinch the ball, they look for him first. I guess so he can get on the ball and make a play. But I'd rather he sprints up the pitch without it and someone else get on the ball.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Loving the Mourinho failure at ManUre. If only they could miss out on the CL altogether...

Pogba tho :lol: We absolutely mugged United. He has been terrible, nowhere near the same player anymore after the PL hype got to his head.

May 23, 2013
Pogba has all the tools to become world class but he is being absolutely wasted at Manure. What a terrible career choice.
Imagine he stayed at Juve and we saw a mid 4 of Pogba, Marchisio, Matuidi, Pjanic :cry:

Also I know ur not Allegri's biggest fan but even you got to admit he got Pogba playing his best football in the 2nd half of his last season. Had he stayed imo he would be a major balon d'or contender at this point (Dybala too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)