Premier League 2017/18 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
EPL purists always said Pep would never be able to dominate a league like the EPL and pass the ball around and hold possession in the mighty Premier League

He has really shown how poor the quality of the league has been over the years and the first good team to come along and blitzes everyone away

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
i wanted Klopp or Wenger to win, so i can laugh at the EPL. pep is both boring and annoying

- - - Updated - - -

EPL purists always said Pep would never be able to dominate a league like the EPL and pass the ball around and hold possession in the mighty Premier League

He has really shown how poor the quality of the league has been over the years and the first good team to come along and blitzes everyone away
No resistance whatsoever.
Which kit did you get home or away City? Name on back?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

I have never heard or seen anyone say that.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I have never heard or seen anyone say that.
Really? Punidts and the media all said it he even referenced to it himself after he beat Man United

I have heard it quite a lot of the times and last season when they finished 3rd it was repeated and he was called "Fraudiola"

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

No resistance whatsoever.
Which kit did you get home or away City? Name on back?
I support man united remember? I wouldn't support a local rival

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Really? Punidts and the media all said it he even referenced to it himself after he beat Man United

I have heard it quite a lot of the times and last season when they finished 3rd it was repeated and he was called "Fraudiola"

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't that here? But City didn't look good last season.
But I guess I'm wrong here. To say he couldn't cope with the PL is just stupid. He's managing one of the richest clubs yet again.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

You also support inter, meelan and juve. barca and madrid, dortmund and bayern. So city and yanited is nothing really

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

He needs to dominate it the way Fergie used to. Thats the real challenge. Conte blitzed the EPL last season. Ranieri the year before, Mourinho the year before.. Pellegrini, Mancini.... no one has established dominance the way Fergie used to. Pep's City needs to be able to do this across seasons to be a truly great team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Guardiola is achieving what he should do with those players. Ok that's unfair, in terms of style and goals he's achieving above that, but it's a confidence thing and he has genuine quality all around and confidence with it. That comes from battering teams, teams in this league who in general have no idea how to make a game tight, but also from the number of late wins they have. If they had drawn a couple of those games as they easily could have then they don't become any less a team just because they don't have a record book entry, it's just the breaks. One of Sterling's winners was an absolute fluke, you can't factor those things in.

Now they are almost playing without pressure because the title looks over in December, so it would take 2-3 bad results to create bad performances. On their day there are 4-5 teams who could beat them in a one-off game but the other PL sides show a shocking lack of consistency, everyone knows this so it's become a cakewalk for City. The winning streak is incredible and tbh it's only the pressure of keeping that going that creates any difficulty for them going forward.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Guardiola is achieving what he should do with those players. Ok that's unfair, in terms of style and goals he's achieving above that, but it's a confidence thing and he has genuine quality all around and confidence with it. That comes from battering teams, teams in this league who in general have no idea how to make a game tight, but also from the number of late wins they have. If they had drawn a couple of those games as they easily could have then they don't become any less a team just because they don't have a record book entry, it's just the breaks. One of Sterling's winners was an absolute fluke, you can't factor those things in.

Now they are almost playing without pressure because the title looks over in December, so it would take 2-3 bad results to create bad performances. On their day there are 4-5 teams who could beat them in a one-off game but the other PL sides show a shocking lack of consistency, everyone knows this so it's become a cakewalk for City. The winning streak is incredible and tbh it's only the pressure of keeping that going that creates any difficulty for them going forward.
to be honest a lot of these players are REALLY benefiting from the system he created.

I rate aguero, KDB and Silva as top players but I dont rate Sterling, Sane, Jesus, fernandinho that highly. Willian, Pedro and Hazard are better wingers in my books I might even take Diego Costa above Aguero. Salah Coutino and Mane are also on par if not better. Same with Lukaku, Ibra, Miki, Mata, Martial & Rashford.

On paper I dont think anyone except KDB would start at a serious top team, he has really created a unit that is greater than the sum of its parts. He doesnt have the best team on paper its on par with the best or barely edges the others on paper but he is getting them to perform as a unit at a much higher level than all the rest.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
On paper I dont think anyone except KDB would start at a serious top team, he has really created a unit that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Ferna will surely start here, and prob in Bayern, Barca instead of Paulinho. He is their most important player, very underrated for some reason.
Agree with others though, they are all top-tier players, but won't walk in our, Bayern, RM or Barca first 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)