Premier League 2017/18 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Even though this should have happened years ago, and its definitely good for Arsenal, it still is difficult to take, I grew up with Arsene as manager. Somehow it doesn't feel as good as I thought it would when I always wanted this to happen. Also it doesn't help that I don't trust our management to hire a good replacement anyway. I just hope I'm wrong.
thats because youre over the "GTFO you useless piece of shit" phase and have entered the "hes not gonna leave another 5-6 years, not even mad" phase

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
thats because youre over the "GTFO you useless piece of shit" phase and have entered the "hes not gonna leave another 5-6 years, not even mad" phase
haha ya part of it is because of that, but another part is because its difficult to imagine Arsenal without Wenger on the sidelines when thats all I've known ever since I started watching football. Also because even though its been obvious for a while that he's past it, and was never the same manager, we all know he loves the club just as much as any of us fans, he didn't do a bad job on purpose :p

I wouldn't mind Jardim at all. Giving Low a chance at club football doesn't seem a bad idea either, giving Allegri a call and seeing if he's interested in coaching in the EPL would be nice too. But at the end, I know its either going to be someone underwhelming like Eddie Howe :depressed

- - - Updated - - -

Or even worse Brendan Rogers

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
haha ya part of it is because of that, but another part is because its difficult to imagine Arsenal without Wenger on the sidelines when thats all I've known ever since I started watching football. Also because even though its been obvious for a while that he's past it, and was never the same manager, we all know he loves the club just as much as any of us fans, he didn't do a bad job on purpose :p

I wouldn't mind Jardim at all. Giving Low a chance at club football doesn't seem a bad idea either, giving Allegri a call and seeing if he's interested in coaching in the EPL would be nice too. But at the end, I know its either going to be someone underwhelming like Eddie Howe :depressed

- - - Updated - - -

Or even worse Brendan Rogers
Allegri would be the jackpot, Rodgers would be worse that Wenger. Jardim, Low, Enrique seem like realistic choices, Low depending on what he does at the WC

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Allegri would probably be a dream appointment for them

I think Ancelotti would be the next best choice imo. An experienced manager to steady the ship.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Wenger was a legendary manager for Arsenal and English football but in the last perhaps 5 year his football was overtaken and he stood still. He was a large part of the modern PL you see, but also tainted his legacy with his stubbornness.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Wenger was a legendary manager for Arsenal and English football but in the last perhaps 5 year his football was overtaken and he stood still. He was a large part of the modern PL you see, but also tainted his legacy with his stubbornness.
It seems more like 8 to 10 years too many to me.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Low is almost 60. Hasnt coached club since 2003. Arsenal needs rebuild and time. Some players need instant replacement. Board willing to spend? If they dont win europa no CL either and Arsenal doesnt seem to attract big names anymore.

Klopp would have been ideal for them 2 years ago imo.

Mar 10, 2009
So what is Wenger going to do without Arsenal?

Find a team that needs a new "youth coach" :klin:
PSG

- - - Updated - - -

Ever since he sold Vieira to Juvetus lol (2005-6). He hasn't really done much since then to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems more like 8 to 10 years too many to me.
Same, ever since they sold Vieira in 2005.

Mar 10, 2009
Genuine question though, how much of an input do you think the fans had on Wenger's decision? I don't something like this would have happened before social media became widespread.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Allegri can do way better than Arsenal. Unless of course he is just motivated by money
Arsenal is an interesting project imo. A rich club that will probably spend big to make this transition smooth and a very very patient club unlike Chelsea. Also has a good core of players now that can be built on, its not an old aging squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)