Premier League 2017/18 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Rudiger, Morata and Bakayoko are not signings to take them up a level. They lost a lot of quality in Matic and Costa, and haven't improved their depth either. Could be another 15/16 season for them.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Early season throws up some nonsense, but the defending in this fucking league. Not even interested, it's just about who takes their chances and scores more.
Rudiger, Morata and Bakayoko are not signings to take them up a level. They lost a lot of quality in Matic and Costa, and haven't improved their depth either. Could be another 15/16 season for them.
I just understand how they have seemingly not bought anyone of us bar Morata and Rudiger.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Early season throws up some nonsense, but the defending in this fucking league. Not even interested, it's just about who takes their chances and scores more.
The defending is beyond horrible, yes. In fact it's more than beyond horrible, it's headless fucking chickens.

It's entertaining football though and that's what most people want to be, entertained. Serie A fails at that big time.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The defending is beyond horrible, yes. In fact it's more than beyond horrible, it's headless fucking chickens.

It's entertaining football though and that's what most people want to be, entertained. Serie A fails at that big time.
Serie A is caught halfway between old and new, but in general the people who watch PL football are totally ignorant of Serie A because of stereotypes. The defending in Italy has fallen off because of a shift towards a more European football, but tactically it's miles ahead of all but the occasional PL side.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
135 minutes of PL football and Ive had it already. $#@! league

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
Its the most overrated league. As a dane you know how channel 6 here, (6eren) always says "football from the worlds best league" in their commercials, I wanna puke everytime i see that :inter:

its the worlds best league for imbeciles

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Serie A has had some really entertaining games lately. The problem with the league is the sub-standard level of TV presentation. It looks like you're watching a match played in the 1980s. The empty and dilapidated stadiums don't help either.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Serie A is caught halfway between old and new, but in general the people who watch PL football are totally ignorant of Serie A because of stereotypes. The defending in Italy has fallen off because of a shift towards a more European football, but tactically it's miles ahead of all but the occasional PL side.
Unfortunately it's got to get on with the times. The whole "defend, defend, defend" model won't work for this generation or future ones, it isn't nearly as entertaining enough. And besides it's not like there are any great defenses left anyway (Ours was great but gave the impression of being pretty shaky on pre season so we'll see).

- - - Updated - - -

Serie A has had some really entertaining games lately. The problem with the league is the sub-standard level of TV presentation. It looks like you're watching a match played in the 1980s. The empty and dilapidated stadiums don't help either.
Yeah. Basicaly like Brazil, Italy was left behind in all aspects of the sport. Shit old stadiums (At least Brazil built some for the WC), mentality and ideas.

Like for example, here in the US you can watch the EPL with just basic cable. Matches are shown simultaneously on two NBC channels while if you want to watch Serie A you have to pay for the sports package. And I'm not talking about the sports package for the American sports, you have to get a specific one that has Beinsport and so on. So it's fair to say the demand isn't high and nor is the attraction.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Unfortunately it's got to get on with the times. The whole "defend, defend, defend" model won't work for this generation or future ones, it isn't nearly as entertaining enough. And besides it's not like there are any great defenses left anyway (Ours was great but gave the impression of being pretty shaky on pre season so we'll see).
Do Serie A teams still just "defend defend defend" nowadays?

I have seen a lot of open games in recent years. I think Serie A was the top scoring league a few seasons ago. I'd be interested to see the goals per game of top leagues.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Do Serie A teams still just "defend defend defend" nowadays?

I have seen a lot of open games in recent years. I think Serie A was the top scoring league a few seasons ago. I'd be interested to see the goals per game of top leagues.
Well, if we made a quick analysis of how it's changed from 2010 to today I'd say it's been increasingly getting more offensive football. We can tell by the number of goals that also increased in the last, I don't know, 3, 4 seasons?

I remember maybe a couple seasons back there were several weeks Serie A had a greater number of goals than any of the other top leagues. But when you look at the flow of the game, it's usually pretty different from the EPL, or the Bundesliga for that matter. Their leagues are fast paced, fluid and back and forth football. It's not my favorite type of Football but one can't say it isn't exciting and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)