PRE-SEASON : Juventus - Manchester United (3 Viewers)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Furious Lippi fires up Juve

-------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi was incensed by Juve’s attitude in the 4-1 defeat to Man U and demands a change for Sunday’s Italian Supercup clash.

“When you play against a team like Manchester United it is possible you’ll lose,” noted the Coach. “But I disliked the attitude on show during that game.”

“The players were working for themselves and not the whole team. I saw that when they lost the ball these men did not try to immediately get it back.”

The 4-1 thumping at the hands of Sir Alex Ferguson’s men was the second disappointing pre-season friendly.

The Italian Champions needed two late strikes to hold Barcelona in a 2-2 draw, eventually losing in a penalty shoot-out.

These performances have worried Lippi as he prepares for Sunday’s Italian Supercup clash with Milan.

Nonetheless, he has asked fans not to press the panic button just yet.

“It is difficult to go around the world and play games against such good opposition when you have only been training for ten days,” he added.

“You could clearly see that Manchester United were at a more advanced stage of their pre-season regime. They passed the ball around much quicker, and that is why we lost 4-1.”

However, there is definitely tension in the air following Juve’s Champions’ League Final defeat to Milan.

There have been a series of bitter contract rows with Mauro Camoranesi, Edgar Davids and David Trezeguet.

Lippi was also particularly upset with the way his team will begin defending its Serie A title.

“Usually the reigning Champions have a relatively easy start to the campaign,” suggested the tactician, “but that is not the case this year.”

The Bianconeri must take on Empoli and Roma in Turin, with tough customers Chievo and Reggina away in the first four games.

“We will need a really good start to fight off the pretenders to our throne. It’s a very difficult calendar for us.”

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #464
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Will you please watch it again and stop lying.
    Its amazing how the slo mo running in front of me at this very time shows completely different things to what you say.

You can clearly see, Keane comes across the box , places a nothing sliding tackle which takes the ball from neddy's feet and neddy goes over the top of keanes legs.

When keane stops sliding he is some 3 feet from neddy and jumps up he in know way kicks him or does anything untoward.

From tacchis angle it looks bad and he reacts... but there was nothing in it.

If you watch it its even debatable whether it was a foul. Keane came away with ball at his feet, his only foot contact was with the ball

Also if you watch as neddy goes up as keane slides under him he is grasping his outer knee which was not touched.... suggesting more a twist than a contact injury.

And as i said earlier.... neddy himself in a post match interview said there was nothing in the challenge.

Please stop seeing your dislike for the player and watch the replay.

Please someone post a vid of this incident.
    Listen, I just re-watched the incident and it still looks like Keane put his boot on top of Neddy's head to me. I may be incorrect, but that's what I saw.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Dont write in my posts Martin, you wanna edit something , then delete it.
    You dont like what i write then ban me , but dont write in my space.
    You have something to say to me then act properly and do it in a pm.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    ..and frankly this kind of bullshit is why so many people around the world despise juve fans.
    Frankly... I think you should get real and not make too many conclusions as to web forum fans importance in establishing likes or dislikes across the world.

That said- I agree with your interpretation of the 'incident'. There's nothing to discuss.

Ciao.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    I haven't seen the match or have any vids but i do know that neddy tends to dive a lot and i also have been watching kean play for most of my life and been to see him play for the national team serveral times and with my uncle to united matches (he's big fan) and as much as i love the guy, kean is a dirty player, with out a shadow of a dought, like i said i haven't seen the game but
    kean meaning to take out neddy and neddy diving are very much 2 possible things. The 3 of you have good points but i cannot say who is right but anyone of you can be right.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Shadow fax i don't think you should talk abought the forum members like that, i do see the point your making but you shouldn't make such remarks the way you did, we are not to be blamed.

peace.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
    I haven't seen the match or have any vids but i do know that neddy tends to dive a lot and i also have been watching kean play for most of my life and been to see him play for the national team serveral times and with my uncle to united matches (he's big fan) and as much as i love the guy, kean is a dirty player, with out a shadow of a dought, like i said i haven't seen the game but
    kean meaning to take out neddy and neddy diving are very much 2 possible things. The 3 of you have good points but i cannot say who is right but anyone of you can be right.
    Stevie ,

Im not in anyway saying keane isnt dirty or defending him.

The simple fact is in this case he is innoccent and is jus being lied about by certain people.... That is wrong

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

Stevie ,

Im not in anyway saying keane isnt dirty or defending him.

The simple fact is in this case he is innoccent and is jus being lied about by certain people.... That is wrong
    Ok thats fine, i never seen the match anyway.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    BTW : I am reliably informed (I cant read chinese) that on the site posted on xtratime that showed both games live you can view a replay of the entire match.

Please some of you watch it so you can see the facts.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #476
    ++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
    It has nothing to do with Keane meaning to take out Neddy or Neddy diving. I agree with Paul (Shadowfax) that Keano did not foul Pavel and that it should not have been I free kick, but I disagree with him when he says that the Man Utd player did nothing after the tackle. I taped the game and I've re-watched it three times and it shows clearly time after time that Roy Keane put his foot on top of Pavel Nedved's head.

Sep 28, 2002

Also if you watch as neddy goes up as keane slides under him he is grasping his outer knee which was not touched.... suggesting more a twist than a contact injury.
    that's true, keano did nothing wrong in this tackle but he's still an idiot cause punched maresca and tacchi when they only pushed him. well. they're players like that but keane thinks he's the best and toughiest And he's allowed everything.

yes, shadowfax, attacks on keane are based on hate to this player but your defending of him is based on love for him. so nothing's wrong

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

It has nothing to do with Keane meaning to take out Neddy or Neddy diving. I agree with Paul (Shadowfax) that Keano did not foul Pavel and that it should not have been I free kick, but I disagree with him when he says that the Man Utd player did nothing after the tackle. I taped the game and I've re-watched it three times and it shows clearly time after time that Roy Keane put his foot on top of Pavel Nedved's head.
    that's crap stuart, if keane had done something like that nedved would've been lying holding his head and not knee. tgacchinardi reacted angrily because of a foul, not some dirty move

Zebraheart

Jul 12, 2002
    Maresca is disappointing, while Appiah is worth expecting. We does need a creative mid. Maybe Appiah will fill the hole.
    BTW: I heard Stankovic is avaiable, It's a good time to get him. He is the man I want to be in the black&white shirt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)