PRE-SEASON: Juventus - Barcelona (2 Viewers)

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
I really feel sorry for myself (not that anyone cares :rolleyes: )
Hey don't feel bad. I just want to thank you and appreciate you giving the commentary for the match.
Even though I got to watch it, it's always nice to know that someone is keeping the forum members up to date with it.:) You did a great job :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
not bad for the season's first friendy (the 12-0 doesn't count :D )

I Liked the performance of :
Maresca (solid performace, but a few clumsy tackles and the missed PK)

Davids (nice moves, he helped the dead offense a lot)

Appiah (worked good on the right, but didn't play too offensive in the first half. when he was moved to the left in the second, he did great)

Buffon ( both goals not his fault. he was pretty good and solid as usual, but he kept jumping the wrong direction in PKs)

DV (wasn't on the pitch too long, but was a hell of a lot better than Trez. )

Miccoli (see above)

Camo (i've seen glimpes if his early last season performances)

Zambrotta (Good job, but needs to work on his crosses)

Birindelli (Solid, didn't have too much trouble on his side)

and i dont think Legro was too bad either except for the mistake that led to the first goal. he saved juve many times.

Worst: Del Piero, Trez, Iuliano, Tacchi (he was O.K except for all the stupid shots off target :groan: ). Nedved looked like he was still on vacation.
Anyway, i'm happy with the performance being that its a friendly and juve shouldn't exaust themselves before the Milan Game which is in one week.

BTW, i'm really looks forward to seeing more of DV and Miccoli. :cool: :thumb:
i wounder if they could make DP and Trez subs :D

Sep 1, 2002
Penalties are not really our forte are they?

Never mind this really tells us next to nothing other than what we already knew: We will be strong on closing down and limiting the oppostion and short on ideas on how to break them down on the attach: Welcome to another successful but perhaps not the most entertaining season.

Oh for a Trequartista!

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
Hi guys,

Did any of you saw all the little pushes and shoving from Barca's players?

It seems they didn't want to treat it as a friendly 'cos we knock them out of the Champions League last season.

While we were really treating it as a friendly, especially Del Piero and Trez up front :(

But judging from how well the "subs" did when they came on, I'm confident about the coming season.

By the way, I think Legrottalie actually did quite well. He's always at the right place at the right time and the first goal was NO WAY a penalty. He got the bloody ball!

I think the ref had a poor game, he was 60:40 in favour of the Spanish side.

But I guess I'd better stop *****ing, its just a friendly after all.

forza, Tacca03.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
why do you feel sorry wen you watched the entire game and missed out on a uninteresting thing as pks wich we losted on btw:D how should the rest of us feel, who didnt even got the chance to see the game.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Osman ] ++
why do you feel sorry wen you watched the entire game and missed out on a uninteresting thing as pks wich we losted on btw:D how should the rest of us feel, who didnt even got the chance to see the game.
Because I feel cheated. I sweat my ass of for 90 minutes, getting 50+ posts and all that for nothing. I missed the penalties, and all of the sudden I'm nowhere to be found.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
goat i know how you feel, i didnt see the first half because i had to go somewhere with my family. but trust me the penalty kicks sucked

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Its OK. I didnt need nor ask for thanks, i just really wanted to do the whole thing, the whole game.

At least I got my post count up :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Osman ] ++
Ok but its not the end of the world.

btw how did maresca play?
he did really well when he replaces Tacchinardi. he controled the midfield pretty well, but he did make a couple of clumsy chalanges.

it's a shame he missed the PK. it was quote obvious that he would.

i dont understand why some players only take a step back when taking the PK. it almost 90% of the time misses or gets caught be the keeper. here are example:

1. Pessotto in WC98
2. Di Biagio in WC 98
3. Pessotto tonight
4. Maresca tonight
5. Zalayetta in the CL Final
6. Montero in CL Final

All these PK's missed was because the player placed the ball and only took ONE step back! :fero:
they never learn!!
you know that they'll miss it before they even shoot!

Camo, Fresi, and DV scored nice :cool: PKs :thumb:

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #339
    My point of View:

Buffon: In game, Buff saved our ass lots of times,,because barcelona had a lot of opportunities to score, especially the one when iuliano and buffon stopped 3 shots in front of the goal. In the firt goal, Buffon stopped a very powerfull header, but luckily it fell in saviola´s foots. He seemed uninspired in the Pks

Thuram: He was not in the game =)

Legrottaglie: To be sincere, was not a bad game for him. like Fabiana said, the penalty was not. Leggro pushed the ball away cleanly. He did an horrbile error before the penalty. He tried to pass the ball, but missed, with no defenders behind him, and saviola started the play, that ended in the PK.

Iuliano: A normal game for him. He saved our ass with buffon in a breath-taking play.

Zambrotta: He did well, but like someone said before, he have to work on his crosses.

Appiah: He played with full spirit, did some very good plays, and some innacurated passes, but in general was ok for his first game.

Nedved: He tried hard, but nothing special.

Camoranesi: Wow, the guy played very very good, did some assistances, dribble a lot of defenders, and was the one that gave the pass to Miccoli. Very goos start for Camo.

Di Vaio: Well, everything knows. He played a little, but wwas supern,,,dribbles, and a good partnership with Miccoli.

Miccoli: Like Divaio, a good game. Hey this guy is very quick dribbling. Scored a goal, and a very goos start for him.

DP: WEll, DP was very very bad today. Better luck for next time.

Maresca: At the begginging i didnt recignized him. (there were a lot of bald heads in te field).

Trez: Well, his normal game. He waited for the ball but never reached it. He did nothing superb, but was not so bad as Del Piero.

There were some players that i left,,but im too lazy.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    i cant find that juve 03-04 picture thread but juventus.com has pictures from the match
    i dont like how the new kit looks, its too white. i had to wait until i saw them playing to make my decission

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)