PRE-SEASON: Juventus - Barcelona (29 Viewers)

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
Friendlies: Miccoli shocks Barca Sunday 27 July, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabrizio Miccoli scored one and set up another as Juventus drew 2-2 with Ronaldinho’s Barcelona.

The Spaniards – who made their debut under Coach Frank Rijkaard – were leading 2-0 with four minutes left on the clock in this Boston friendly.

But the former Perugia terrier made his mark on the Blaugrana with a late flurry that surprised the supporters.

There was an interesting tactical experiment from Marcello Lippi, as Stephan Appiah shared the midfield with Edgar Davids – leaving out of favour Mauro Camoranesi on the bench.

The opener came from the spot after Javier Saviola was brought down following a defensive error from new signing Nicola Legrottaglie.

Just as Juve were increasing the pressure and testing the reflexes of Rustu Recber through Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Del Piero, Barca doubled their lead.

Gianluigi Buffon parried Andersson’s header from a corner kick, but only into the path of Saviola for a tap-in.

Brazilian star Ronaldinho made his long-awaited debut in the second half, but it was substitute Luis Garcia who brought a fine save out of Buffon.

Juve made a series of substitutions on the hour mark, introducing the front pairing of Fabrizio Miccoli and Marco Di Vaio.

The effect was immediate, as a string of fine passes eventually saw goalkeeper Victor Valdes make two difficult interventions on Alessio Tacchinardi and Di Vaio.

But it was only in the final minutes that Miccoli made his presence truly felt with a late flurry of activity.

Within 60 seconds the Italian international set up Di Vaio for what seemed to be a consolation goal, then rounded the goalkeeper himself to snatch a draw.

Juventus 2-2 Barcelona

Scorers: Saviola pen 28, 41 (B), Di Vaio 86 (J), Miccoli 87 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Birindelli (Fresi 76), Legrottaglie (Ferrara 76), Iuliano (Montero 77), Zambrotta (Pessotto 62); Appiah, Tacchinardi (Conte 76), Davids (Maresca 62), Nedved (Camoranesi 62); Trezeguet (Di Vaio 62), Del Piero (Miccoli 62)

Barcelona: Rüstü (Victor Valdes 46); Puyol, Andersson, Reiziger, Óscar López; Xavi (Iniesta 74), Gerard (David Sanchez 63); Quaresma (Ros 77), Luis Enrique (Luis Garcia 46), Overmars (Dani 46); Saviola (Ronaldinho 46)

channel4.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
OH THE IRONY!!! THE BITTER BITTER IRONY!!!

I SWEAT MY ASS OFF FOR NINETY MINUTES POSTING EVERY TWO MINUTES WITH EVERY IMPORTANT AND NON IMPORTANT EVENT AND I CAND DO THE PENALTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH THE PAIN, SUCH SUCH PAIN :sad: :(

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I like DV, but he just need to practise is FINISHING skills.

Fresis GOAL in PK was a COMET!!!! Really nice

BTW BUFFON was Awfull in the PK, didnt get a single ball, and didnt even go to the right direction!

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
I like DV, but he just need to practise is FINISHING skills.

Fresis GOAL in PK was a COMET!!!! Really nice

BTW BUFFON was Awfull in the PK, didnt get a single ball, and didnt even go to the right direction!

he does eventually score and trez not :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
fresis goal was the best and i think it was indeed miccoli who scored the second goal, he was smiling of the amusement when he did, not DV as fox sports put it. those commentators on fox sports suck, they dont know a damn name and are always screwing up

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Hey, it's just a friendly and getting back from 0-2 in three minutes is quite something! :strong:
Yeah, it's definitely something.:strong:
and I believe juve scored 2 goals in 2 minutes, well, that's what the commentators said.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)