Post That Picture 3.0 (3 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Do you really believe that? I don't, I think it shapes us greatly what people expect from us but there's no guarantee that we will follow that path.

i am not talking about a guarantee, i am talking about the constant pressure and to do that.

Anyhow, I the age problem is most closely related to where you are in life. I think it's easy to get along with people that are doing the same you are because you have so many things in common. And if there's someone twice your age in your class at school and into the stuff you are and generally doing what you are, then that could probably be a good match. Of course most people would call that "not living their age".
valid point martin. now school is over and back to reality

Buy on AliExpress.com

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

the required level to survive life. everybody needs a certain level of maturity to do that and the only reason they havent showed that level is because they have not yet been required (from life) to do so.

Indeed, so it has much to do with experience, not only age.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
About the topic of the need of having something in common with your friends: I think that for certain people having friends with similar personalities is better because that way you dont have to go around analyzing their personality. Personally, I love talking and getting to know people who have no similar interests as mine and see life in a totally different point of view than mine, that way I feel theyre complimenting me (my personality) in ways that Ive never thought about

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
valid point martin. now school is over and back to reality
I doubt it happens much in high school but as a freshman in college there were two guys in my class age 39. I'm not saying I had anything in common with them but the ages are more distributed at that level. And it doesn't have to be school, in this forum there is a pressure on everyone to "live up to" a certain age determined by the group dynamic, those who are deemed "too young" and immature are pushed around while many others of various ages get along very well.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
About the topic of the need of having something in common with your friends: I think that for certain people having friends with similar personalities is better because that way you dont have to go around analyzing their personality. Personally, I love talking and getting to know people who have no similar interests as mine and see life in a totally different point of view than mine, that way I feel theyre complimenting me (my personality) in ways that Ive never thought about

Keep posting Fabi :thumb:
I like talking to people, who are completely different than me, cause I like to be surprised about so different points of view on things. It always amazed me, how people's brains work.
But I prefer to keep in touch with people with similar personalities, interests, way of thinking: it's nicer and easier.
However I am with guy, who is so completely opposite to me.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
"the live up to " part
Right, which has little to do with age. There are people here very young who act very mature while others a bit older act way "below" their age.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

Keep posting Fabi :thumb:
I like talking to people, who are completely different than me, cause I like to be surprised about so different points of view on things. It always amazed me, how people's brains work.
But I prefer to keep in touch with people with similar personalities, interests, way of thinking: it's nicer and easier.
However I am with guy, who is so completely opposite to me.
True, and I like guys that are different than me. Having someone with all my same interests bores me to death and I feel there is nothing really interesting to talk about.

About friends, I like having friends similar to me because its always nice to have people that somehow share your same views on life, but Ive solved most of my problems with advice of friends that are completely different than me. Ive also had the best time of my life with them.

Im also amazed with how people think and how different we are from one another. In the end, life is so subjective that there is no right or wrong

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Right, which has little to do with age. There are people here very young who act very mature while others a bit older act way "below" their age.
In fact there was an interesting lesson to be learnt as a moderator when I realized that in here age doesn't make any difference at all, people don't see each other in person, it's just usernames, avatars etc. And a person's age in no way determines their ability to deal with a certain situation.

Jan 7, 2004

In fact there was an interesting lesson to be learnt as a moderator when I realized that in here age doesn't make any difference at all, people don't see each other in person, it's just usernames, avatars etc. And a person's age in no way determines their ability to deal with a certain situation.

everybody who praises stu adds the very annoying, "esspecially, considering his age"

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
About friends, I like having friends similar to me because its always nice to have people that somehow share your same views on life, but Ive solved most of my problems with advice of friends that are completely different than me. Ive also had the best time of my life with them.

Im also amazed with how people think and how different we are from one another. In the end, life is so subjective that there is no right or wrong
I find it hard to really get along and bond with people different from me, I don't understand them and I don't feel appreciated nor do I appreciate them for who they are.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

true

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
everybody who praises stu adds the very annoying, "esspecially, considering his age"
Because that's the legacy from standard human interaction. But as long as they never knew his age they would never assume he was young because it doesn't show. And let's face it, people who say that only say it at the beginning, once you get to know someone who's younger you don't constantly make a point of bringing it up, because you're past that point. I don't think it proves anything.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

True, and I like guys that are different than me. Having someone with all my same interests bores me to death and I feel there is nothing really interesting to talk about.

Keep posting :D

The same here: similar friends, but when I need to solve some serious problem, I choose someone, who thinks differently: only those people can give you "different light" on your problem, they can show you the side of problem, you would never think about it yourself. Suddenly everything may be looking differently and I like it, cause sometimes I'm too focused on one side of my problem.

Apart from amazed, sometimes I'm shocked, how they think :D

Jan 7, 2004
its all up to experiences, now generally speaking experience is different at different age groups. one or two special cases dont prove anything. i am not saying that we should not give a chance to people younger/older than us but that we should not expect a lot from it (the chance)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Fair enough but it would always become a game by the numbers anyway, there just aren't that many people much younger or much older than us who have a lot in common with us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)