Post That Picture 3.0 (4 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
I think that the older you get the broader that range becomes. There is a HUGE difference between a 15 year old and an 18 year old. Smaller difference between 19 and 21, but when you're in your mid 20s- three, five, even eight years don't seem like a lot.
Very true. :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Life and humans are subjective, whatever I might think is right for me you can disagree with and its impossible to find a person that will think just like you do... if you dont like my "advise" dont take it... but Ill tell you something, you dont know what Ive gone through in my life to say Im not appropiate to give advise, so start thinking and proving that your IQ is too high for me whenever you say something. Every single person you meet in your life is there to teach you something, it doesnt matter if theyre 10 years younger than you and have problems, you arent perfect yourself

Wow fabi, I do like what you wrote :thumb:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
idealists tell you that age doesnt matter but it does
Interesting theorem but equally general and meaningless unless you expand a bit to explain what you're talking about. :D

Jan 7, 2004
well give me 1 sec, better make that 60 :lazy:

in order for people to coexist there must be something between them, some sort of connection that makes that relationship worthwhile. age is one of the factors that might screw things up. i didnt read the whole age discussion thing but i supposed this is what you guys were talking about. if you are an optimist, dont mind me this is due to personal experience and your personal experiences might be different

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I always used to enjoy beating people older than me at things, I just have a competitive mindset for some reason. It feels good to beat someone older because (and this is a ridiculous assumption) you think that it means as much to them as it does to you and that the playing field is even on all accounts accept the age discrepancy which is in your disfavor, thus it's satisfactory to beat the opponent "knowing" it was more difficult for you.

All youngers are happy, when they beat someone older, cause they feel so wise then. I guess I used to think in this way.
I dont mind to be beaten by younger, cause the age doesnt always matter: it's more about maturity and wisdom, they not always go together with an age.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
well give me 1 sec, better make that 60 :lazy:

in order for people to coexist there must be something between them, some sort of connection that makes that relationship worthwhile. age is one of the factors that might screw things up. i didnt read the whole age discussion thing but i supposed this is what you guys were talking about. if you are an optimist, dont mind me this is due to personal experience and your personal experiences might be different
Not that I disagree but I'm trying to get you to tell us how age screws it up and what relationships that applies to. :D

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

All youngers are happy, when they beat someone older, cause they feel so wise then. I guess I used to think in this way.
I dont mind to be beaten by younger, cause the age doesnt always matter: it's more about maturity and wisdom, they not always go together with an age.
maturity and wisdom. i am experementing with this theory of mine that everybody can be as mature or as "silly" as they wish to be.

Jan 7, 2004

Not that I disagree but I'm trying to get you to tell us how age screws it up and what relationships that applies to. :D

lets just say, you and this buddy of yours have lots of (good, clean) fun together, you know play games, talk about sports, drink beer, or whatever in your case, develop websites for fun, talk about linux and drink apple juice. now lets also say that this buddy of yours is 5-10 years older. it wont last long, because your people will expect your buddy to do something with his life (i am talking about some old fashioned generalization) either than talk about linux. is it more clear now ? man writting more than one line takes time and effort.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
my people? my parents? but now we're talking outside influence or peer pressure, is that what you're getting at? Is that the only obstacle or are there factors at play only between the two people that mess it up?

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

lets just say, you and this buddy of yours have lots of (good, clean) fun together, you know play games, talk about sports, drink beer, or whatever in your case, develop websites for fun, talk about linux and drink apple juice. now lets also say that this buddy of yours is 5-10 years older. it wont last long, because your people will expect your buddy to do something with his life (i am talking about some old fashioned generalization) either than talk about linux. is it more clear now ? man writting more than one line takes time and effort.

It's HIS life, so they have nothing to expect from him.

Jan 7, 2004
my people? my parents? but now we're talking outside influence or peer pressure, is that what you're getting at? Is that the only obstacle or are there factors at play only between the two people that mess it up?

those influences are so deep inside us that it really makes no difference. at most times what a person wants is what others want for him/her.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

but everybody is at the required level already, once they reach a certain age. after that is all about life experiences and the way they take them.

martin you are slow :cheesy:

I dont agree, not everybody.

Besides: the required level... it sounds like this is someone, what everyone want us to be on, not what we want to be on.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
those influences are so deep inside us that it really makes no difference. at most times what a person wants is what others want for him/her.
Do you really believe that? I don't, I think it shapes us greatly what people expect from us but there's no guarantee that we will follow that path.

Anyhow, I the age problem is most closely related to where you are in life. I think it's easy to get along with people that are doing the same you are because you have so many things in common. And if there's someone twice your age in your class at school and into the stuff you are and generally doing what you are, then that could probably be a good match. Of course most people would call that "not living their age".

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I dont agree, not everybody.

Besides: the required level... it sounds like this is someone, what everyone want us to be on, not what we want to be on.

the required level to survive life. everybody needs a certain level of maturity to do that and the only reason they havent showed that level is because they have not yet been required (from life) to do so.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

those influences are so deep inside us that it really makes no difference. at most times what a person wants is what others want for him/her .

You've got your point here. That why, those, who were strongly influenced by eg parents, dont live their own life, but life, their parents chose for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)