Pope's preacher compares abuse row to anti-Semitism (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Same old nonsense from a bunch of pedophiles.

Taking a page out of Israel's propaganda machine doesn't absolve you from your sins, Father.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I saw that article on the BBC site today. What complete morons. They still think it is 1534 and the Church should still control everything said about them.

It's actually pretty abominable that pedophiles who have been covered up and are called to account for their actions whip out the ever-popular Hitler analogy so readily.

Any crisis PR firm would tell you that these guys are just digging themselves a bigger hole in this modern era of communications and corporate responsibility.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And you know that for every one admitted case of sexual abuse there are potentially one or two more that haven't been uncovered. It's like the sicko stories coming out about the CPS taking kids and giving them to foster homes run by pedophiles. The amount of such cases is worse than most could imagine.

As if the creepiness of the Catholic Church ends at drinking the blood and eating the flesh of someone you supposedly love... :confused:

OP
Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #6
    whats happening to the kids is a small part of the holocaust. You are the nazi here pope

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    What's interesting is that all these cases that you hear about are all taking place, not in the presumably stronghold of Vatican influence that might be Italy, but in the Anglosphere where Catholicism usually isn't even the main religion. Lots of cases in Ireland, US, I think I heard something about Australia. I wonder why that is though. You would hope that it's because there is actually more abuse happening there, not merely because the media in those countries have exposed it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    What's interesting is that all these cases that you hear about are all taking place, not in the presumably stronghold of Vatican influence that might be Italy, but in the Anglosphere where Catholicism usually isn't even the main religion. Lots of cases in Ireland, US, I think I heard something about Australia. I wonder why that is though. You would hope that it's because there is actually more abuse happening there, not merely because the media in those countries have exposed it.
    or not
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...Germany-melts-day-4-000-people-phone-in.html?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    At the time it occured Ireland was perhaps the second most subservient nation to the Catholic church.

Article 44.1 of the Irish Constitution:
    The State acknowledges that the homage of public worship is due to Almighty God. It shall hold His Name in reverence

And you guys wonder why I'm so Atheistic.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Read this in the times last night when i was stuck in a pub full of cunts. What a fucking moron, i mean seriously. Comparing the murder of over 6 million to people point out that your faith is fucking morally corrupt and that raping small children is wrong is just beyond belief.

OP
    Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #12
    I think non-catholic christians should do something about this. At least distance themselves from him publicly.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    As IZ said, Ireland was extremely Catholic at the time. This story is particularly illuminating: the Mother and Child Scheme, a political crisis in the 50s in which the church would have broken the government if they hadn't backed down over a healthcare programme the bishops objected to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_and_Child_Scheme
    Interesting to compare the reactions to it then with the furore in the US over Obama's healthcare reforms.

The anglophone thing is certainly interesting, but it's not easy to draw simple conclusions - e.g. the anglophone countries were among the few first world countries not to suffer some form of dictatorship in the middle of the last century - might this have had an effect?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The anglophone thing is certainly interesting, but it's not easy to draw simple conclusions - e.g. the anglophone countries were among the few first world countries not to suffer some form of dictatorship in the middle of the last century - might this have had an effect?
    It was just an off hand remark basically, not terribly reflected.

Here's another question though. Why is this coming out so late? Many of these abuses happened decades ago, how did they keep it quiet all this time?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Very interesting observation, Martin.

...and then...

As IZ said, Ireland was extremely Catholic at the time. This story is particularly illuminating: the Mother and Child Scheme, a political crisis in the 50s in which the church would have broken the government if they hadn't backed down over a healthcare programme the bishops objected to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_and_Child_Scheme
    Interesting to compare the reactions to it then with the furore in the US over Obama's healthcare reforms.
    Hey, I heard you guys got special dispensation from the Irish Catholic Church to allow a Gaelic football derby match on Easter Sunday without the bars closed for the first time ever. :)

Some say that a group was waiting for the right time to bring down the church.
    It was Guido Rossi!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Hey, I heard you guys got special dispensation from the Irish Catholic Church to allow a Gaelic football derby match on Easter Sunday without the bars closed for the first time ever. :)
    As the guys said, it was a rugby match (the two biggest provincial teams), but more importantly, it was a legal thing - alcohol isn't allowed be sold on Good Friday. Obviously, that's a religious thing historically, but the church had no say in the matter this time, only the courts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)