Pope's preacher compares abuse row to anti-Semitism (1 Viewer)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
At the time it occured Ireland was perhaps the second most subservient nation to the Catholic church.

Article 44.1 of the Irish Constitution:
The State acknowledges that the homage of public worship is due to Almighty God. It shall hold His Name in reverence

And you guys wonder why I'm so Atheistic.
nah, thats Malta firmly :D

and you should see article two of Maltese constitution...:tdown:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Maltese girls are the hottest in the world though, that should be consolation enough for any issue you got with your country.

Honest question: Do you guys have ugly girls there?? Do you know what they are?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
This is what I have to read in the paper this morning:
http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/innenriks/article1466901.ece

I know this guy. He used to be the bishop in the church in Trondheim that I used to go to. I also had Sunday school one afternoon after school every week, with him, later with others in the church. There was a group of maybe 15-20 kids that showed up to that. Once we even played football in the church garden with him. To me he always seemed like a kind man.

Now it turns out that some 20 years ago (the dates given are not specific) he molested some kid (name of the victim isn't mentioned). I guess this predates the time when I was in the church, but not by more than a few years.

So now you're saying "oh I see, so now he's in jail where all other child molesters go, right?" How silly of you to say that, don't you know this is the Catholic Church? No, the victim is now in his/her 30s and the article says "has decided not to press charges". Another way to read that is that he/she was bought off to keep quiet, some 60k euro was paid to the victim.

And what does the church have to say about this? "He has been relieved of his position, he will never receive another appointment". However, he's still a bishop and apparently only the Vatican knows where he is.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
icεmαή;2432111 said:
What did you do with the 60k Martin? :D
Fuck you, this is not a joke. If that had been me I would not be here living my happy life, my life might have been destroyed by this.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I didn't joke about the victim, I joked about you. I apologize if it was tasteless. Knowing victims of child abuse myself, it was wrong of me to joke about such a thing.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
'are you in?'

'does the pope cover up children being raped?'

----------------------------------------------------------

'are you in?'

'does a bear shit in the woods, and the pope pay to cover up child molestation?'

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
'are you in?'

'does the pope cover up children being raped?'

----------------------------------------------------------

'are you in?'

'does a bear shit in the woods, and the pope pay to cover up child molestation?'
Do you have some kind of south park fetish?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
That kind of joke far pre-dates South Park. But that's not your problem with it, is it?
Yeah i know it predates, but it was just shown on south park, and jasper seems to insert south park episodes wherever he finds the space.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
So now you're saying "oh I see, so now he's in jail where all other child molesters go, right?" How silly of you to say that, don't you know this is the Catholic Church? No, the victim is now in his/her 30s and the article says "has decided not to press charges". Another way to read that is that he/she was bought off to keep quiet, some 60k euro was paid to the victim.
in last ten years, Maltese curia investigated 45 priests for alleged abuse. Not one was reported to police because victims decided not to go to police.

makes you wonder....

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
in last ten years, Maltese curia investigated 45 priests for alleged abuse. Not one was reported to police because victims decided not to go to police.

makes you wonder....
About the utter carnage wreaked on a young mind when a figure of love and trust sexually abuses them, yeah really makes you wonder.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
About the utter carnage wreaked on a young mind when a figure of love and trust sexually abuses them, yeah really makes you wonder.
but apart from that

i wonder first why were these crimes not investigated by the police? why curia? why internal church investigation in a cloud of secrecy? are they above the law?

secondly, we will never know what was told to these victims, nor we will ever know if these investigations shed any light on any particular perpetrator and what happened to him?

I mean, after all these things that came out in public, we gonna trust catholic tribunals to do the right thing?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
but apart from that

i wonder first why were these crimes not investigated by the police? why curia? why internal church investigation in a cloud of secrecy? are they above the law?

secondly, we will never know what was told to these victims, nor we will ever know if these investigations shed any light on any particular perpetrator and what happened to him?

I mean, after all these things that came out in public, we gonna trust catholic tribunals to do the right thing?
First, because there is state collusion with the abusers in both Ireland and Malta.
What's a curia?
The internal investigation was covered in a shorud of secrecy because the church is a naturally secret cabal of wealthy,greedy and disingenuous fucktards.
In Malta and Ireland, it would appear so

That's the benifits of buying off your victims - silence.

Don't trust anybody that claims to hold your salvation in their hands.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Does one think it would be possible to say you were molested by a Priest in the 1990's who died last year and collect money on the lawsuit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)