Pokemon (4 Viewers)

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
There's no other way to say this, so I'm gonna just come out and say it.

Pokemon are for kids.

Close thread.
No brain answer , at the end the anime show was meant to be for kids , but the games can be enjoyed by anyone , from the start they have been good . They have good sense of exploration , a nice system of collecting pokemons and advancing their levels making them stronger which get's you hooked up and try to play until you collect every pokemon and send at least some of them to the max level . Usually those legendary pokemons who are hard to come by :D

They are a nice rpg expierence with good sense of exploration , the only problem with it is they they are falling back in inovation , in the end it is the same game with a different skin . Same gameplay and it is starting to get old

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
How do you even play that shit, the real stuff don't throw lightnings now do they?

- - - Updated - - -

No brain answer , at the end the anime show was meant to be for kids , but the games can be enjoyed by anyone , from the start they have been good . They have good sense of exploration , a nice system of collecting pokemons and advancing their levels making them stronger which get's you hooked up and try to play until you collect every pokemon and send at least some of them to the max level . Usually those legendary pokemons who are hard to come by :D

They are a nice rpg expierence with good sense of exploration , the only problem with it is they they are falling back in inovation , in the end it is the same game with a different skin . Same gameplay and it is starting to get old
Wait, you all talking about computer games? I thought you were throwing those things in your yards.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
isn't nerds and kids like the ultimate targets of the whole gaming industry? don't kid yourselves, FIFA or GTA ain't any more "adult" than Pokemon. :D
In Fifa you can beat some assholes and win some money. Or beat your friends and doing a shuffle dance to piss them off, Can you do that in Pokemon?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
In Fifa you can beat some assholes and win some money. Or beat your friends and doing a shuffle dance to piss them off, Can you do that in Pokemon?
Actually I think you could. At least from what I gather from the whole pokemon concept.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'm not disputing that FIFA is cooler than an old game from the 90ties, I'm questioning the logic about Pokemon being any more childlish than most of the other computer games.

- - - Updated - - -

Really?

I just don't know what else to add
The fuck is that? :D

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
isn't nerds and kids like the ultimate targets of the whole gaming industry? don't kid yourselves, FIFA or GTA ain't any more "adult" than Pokemon. :D
Seriously get out of here ! You are confusing the term nerd with the term gamer . A nerd is refeered to someone who studies all the time , usually depicted as guys with glasses who are really smart and rarely get out of home .
Geeks are the guys who are fans of a specific matter and know everything about it , like star wars geeks , star trek geeks ect .
Gamers are those who play video games

At early times , when videogames had just appeared they were usually targeted to kids geeks and nerds , who were the only ones who played them and gamers always fell to these categories . It was a more closed cirlce . Nowdays they are very different , i am a gamer myself and i am not a nerd . Today being a gamer doesn't mean being a kid (statistics show that the average age of gamers is around 30 years old) or being fat or being a nerd who get's out of home once a month , video games have become much more mainstream . There are games targeted to more mature audiences , games targeted to kids and games targeted to a family market

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Pokemon was awesome. I know ALC got my back on this. I stopped after the first 2 generations, though. Funny to see my 8-year old nephew a big fan of the game and cards like I was 10 years ago.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Pokemon was awesome. I know ALC got my back on this. I stopped after the first 2 generations, though. Funny to see my 8-year old nephew a big fan of the game and cards like I was 10 years ago.
Way to choose a thread to make a comeback, Matt. :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
They just are. I don't know how you cannot see this.
Some ten years ago I enjoyed both FIFA on computer and Pokemon on Gameboy, didn't see much difference in the entertainment when I played them and don't see now when I don't feel like playing neither of them.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Some ten years ago I enjoyed both FIFA on computer and Pokemon on Gameboy, didn't see much difference in the entertainment when I played them and don't see now when I don't feel like playing neither of them.
The FIFA of ten years ago and the FIFA of now offer completely different experiences to a gamer.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Seriously get out of here ! You are confusing the term nerd with the term gamer . A nerd is refeered to someone who studies all the time , usually depicted as guys with glasses who are really smart and rarely get out of home .
Geeks are the guys who are fans of a specific matter and know everything about it , like star wars geeks , star trek geeks ect .
Gamers are those who play video games

At early times , when videogames had just appeared they were usually targeted to kids geeks and nerds , who were the only ones who played them and gamers always fell to these categories . It was a more closed cirlce . Nowdays they are very different , i am a gamer myself and i am not a nerd . Today being a gamer doesn't mean being a kid (statistics show that the average age of gamers is around 30 years old) or being fat or being a nerd who get's out of home once a month , video games have become much more mainstream . There are games targeted to more mature audiences , games targeted to kids and games targeted to a family market
And neither FIFA, GTA or Pokemon probably doesn't belong to the more mature audience group, do they? :D

- - - Updated - - -

The FIFA of ten years ago and the FIFA of now offer completely different experiences to a gamer.
More tricks, better graphics? No more Poborsky and Makelele?

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Comparing fifa to Pokemon? There's no comparison to be made here, one game is based on an actual sporting activity the other based on a Japanese cartoon where kids go about collecting fictional monsters in little round orbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)