Playstation 4 (6 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can't stand new windows OS.

Anyways...tablets are the way forward anyways and will replace computers soon enough

- - - Updated - - -

I ain't got the dough for the PS4.

It'll have to wait till 31st of December. I hope it'll be worth the money.

:agree:

I just switched to a MacBook Pro and I have to say I love it so far. I adore the integration between my MacBook, iPhone and iPad. We're one happy family together.
:tup: per apple

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Easy there son. Tablets will never replace the PC.

There will allways be need to a stationary pc with supreme cooling and computing power.

Laptops, are more powerfull then tablets, and less powerfull then pc's. They can be tought of as a portable performance machine

Tablets, are ideal for about every other situation.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I dont like how microsoft wants to copy apple's closed type operating system, trying to get a cut of digital sales and products that run on the OS.
Windows 8 quite simply is a load off bull$#@!

Windows 7, thats the best OS in history, and as long as its compatible i'll keep using it. And if that stops, i'm switching to linux. especially since Valve is onto that now

- - - Updated - - -

you can get exactly the same in many diffrent ways of choise on PC, Android/windows/google phone, and any tablet (preferably asus).

And you'll have spend 30+% less for better products

The only good thing about apple, is the Macbook's battery.
I think it's more than 30% :D but one of the reasons that I like about my MacBook is that I can play with and research an entire new OS that I knew nothing about. I quite like it so far.

@Hustini, how do you get SopCast working on a Mac?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think it's more than 30% :D but one of the reasons that I like about my MacBook is that I can play with and research an entire new OS that I knew nothing about. I quite like it so far.

@Hustini, how do you get SopCast working on a Mac?
Try Linux in that case.
If i had time and drive to research an entirely new OS, i'd definatly go linux

Is sopcast compatible ? i heard issues on mac before

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
You need to make time for researching a new OS.

I might give Linux a shot after Mac OS.

I hope Sopcast will work on a Mac, else I'm streaming the match with a 240kb flash stream this evening :D

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Sopcast works fine on OS X.

- - - Updated - - -

If i had time and drive to research an entirely new OS, i'd definatly go linux
That's the point os OS X. You don't need to use a lot of time to figure it out. It's much more intuitive than Windows, but sure, it's also more limited.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This is what i dont get. Currently, the games on PS3/xbox360 are pushing the ancient hardware to its limits, so are excellent.

WHy immediatly buy a ps4/xbox180, if there arent AAA/must buy launch titles availbale, especially considering the PS4 isnt backwards compatible

Why not wait untill the killer games are releasing, and probably get some "ps4+game x for massive discount y" ?
Because a lot of us are early adopters. SOme of us have been for over 20 years when a new system comes out. The only reason why I didn't get an Xbox one at launch was because I was unemployed for 8 weeks and already had my PS4 paid for well in advance. Doesn't matter what comes out. IF it's new, we want it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Because a lot of us are early adopters. SOme of us have been for over 20 years when a new system comes out. The only reason why I didn't get an Xbox one at launch was because I was unemployed for 8 weeks and already had my PS4 paid for well in advance. Doesn't matter what comes out. IF it's new, we want it.
Do you have a job in marketting ?
We have a marketting course that went about this subject last week, using exactly this therm :p

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
if you find that important then i think yo'll find the xbox 180 more to your linking.

But media centers arent that expensive on their own. One could buy a console for gaming, and get an excellent media center for less then 200 euro.

Its all about budgeds

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
so is the PS4 not good at all when it comes to being a media center?

As of right now, no it isn't. No MP3 or Media Server capabilities right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, it's stressful beyond belief. Especially when you have borrowers who feel a sense of entitlement that they should be approved to buy a new home, no questions asked, when truth be told, I wouldn't give them enough money to buy a toaster

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Oh, it's stressful beyond belief. Especially when you have borrowers who feel a sense of entitlement that they should be approved to buy a new home, no questions asked, when truth be told, I wouldn't give them enough money to buy a toaster
I know what you mean (trough from a diffrent perspective)

Looking at the loans some people do today, its insane. Some people will just go from place to place untill someone will actually give them that mortgage, wich is plain suicide.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
if you find that important then i think yo'll find the xbox 180 more to your linking.

But media centers arent that expensive on their own. One could buy a console for gaming, and get an excellent media center for less then 200 euro.

Its all about budgeds
i'm thinking of getting a media center soon but i'd rather just have one box instead of two. a roku does a great job and that is only like 80 bucks but one box just seems so much better.

As of right now, no it isn't. No MP3 or Media Server capabilities right now.

- - - Updated - - -

that's pretty weak. you're saying as of right now, so i guess that means an update would fix that?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i'm thinking of getting a media center soon but i'd rather just have one box instead of two. a roku does a great job and that is only like 80 bucks but one box just seems so much better.

that's pretty weak. you're saying as of right now, so i guess that means an update would fix that?
Yeah, looking from my budged perspective, if i were neutral, i'd pick the xbox if i wanted a media centre.

PS4 is a better gaming experience, but its only for gaming

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
mhm. i'm not getting it anytime too soon so maybe by then ps4 will have updated their shit. i agree about the xbox, it's just that they make you get a membership to use the media capabilities which sounds ridiculous.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, thats what i dont like about it. So much pointless loss of money.

Gaming getting more mainstream, is good in one way, but horrible in other

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If it has Netflix it is a good enough media centre for me :D
It has the apps. Netflix, Crackle, Epix, Hulu Plus, and whatever region specific apps that are available to you. It just doesn't have the Media Server capability right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)