Playing Football (4 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Calm down, Arturo we need you fully fit this season :D
:D

I must be getting too much injuried and old at the same time. At one point in game a dribbled past a player and tried to run for the ball only to think to myself, damn this is my top speed my body doesn't go faster :D Scary and weird realisation it was :lol:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Slowly regaining fitness and form after those few months out...played with a pair of multistud boots which I had, and quite liked playing with them...when I decide to buy my new pair, I'll def go for multistuds

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #149

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    I wish. It's so hard to get enough people together to play, and then of course there are no real places to play around where I live. I did get to play twice though. Both times as a defender, since trying to watch my friends who don't know the sport well try to defend is borderline depressing :D. Also I don't have to run as much, so my asthma doesn't kill me as fast.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    :tup:

My boots are looking done in. I give them 2-3 weeks before they really need replacing. I'm looking at these

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...ccer-Cleats-Dazzling-BlueBoltWhite-82573.aspx
    Look decent enough.

On Tuesday I probably played my best game since returning from injury. I scored a few, assisted quite a few and practically ran nonstop the whole game without ever needing a break.

Soon I'll be starting a 7 a side league which is from October till like April...hopefully we do well! My staring position will be striker (competing with one other person for the spot), but I will slide into central defence when there is the need.

With regards to football boots, I was speaking to a friend of mine who works with Adidas in Germany, and I asked him to recommend some boots for me, and he recommended either Predators or Copa Mundial. I'm leaning towards either these or these...anyone used either before?

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #152
    How are all my fellow ballers doing? @Raz @Cuti @Salvo @Ocelot

Had to take about a month off but been back and loving it. Won an 11s game 9-3 last week and played a few great games of 5s. Although last night I blocked a clearance with my bellend...don't think I've been in so much pain before in my life. Luckily I seem to have avoided a bruise and everything still works :D

Cuti how's the 7s going? Which boots did you go for?

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Haven't actually bought new boots yet, but I should do soon cause they are on their last legs, but I can't say i've come across any which I really like so far!

Re the 7 a side league, it hasn't been too great yet. We are very weak in the middle, and the captain happens to play in central midfield, I suggested that maybe I should go into midfield to sure things up a bit more and dictate the tempo, but he refused and said he goes through the hassle of creating a team so he can play in his favoured position.

Out of the first three games, we have lost all three, though we have played the two of the best three teams in the league. On a personal note, I've scored 2 in my opening three games. One of them was against last year's champions direct from a freekick.

Last Sunday I took part in a 5 a side tournament, while we came 5th out of 12 teams, I had quite a good individual performance, scoring 9 goals in 5 games.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    How are all my fellow ballers doing? @Raz @Cuti @Salvo @Ocelot

Had to take about a month off but been back and loving it. Won an 11s game 9-3 last week and played a few great games of 5s. Although last night I blocked a clearance with my bellend...don't think I've been in so much pain before in my life. Luckily I seem to have avoided a bruise and everything still works :D

Cuti how's the 7s going? Which boots did you go for?
    I'm fucked up :D One knee is meniscus tear i need an operation which is not a very big deal but still. The other is i think something wrong with the ligements or whatever. I'm just planning to do the operations and recovery this winter and no sports till the summer season starts again. Hopefully I'll be patched up and ready to go.

Good to hear you're doing well. Where do you live? Do you play indoors?

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #155
    @Raz Shit those injuries sound nasty! Hopefully after an operation and some rest you'll be back on the pitch. Good to be smart about it and rest properly. Don't go all Vidal on us :D

@Cuti I ended up getting those Mizuno boots I linked last time we spoke. They're great- really light and with a smooth yet grippy material so the touch is good. Not the first pair of Mizunos I've had and they last the distance. Would recommend you to look out for some of those.

About your 7s team that's a strange one but I guess if it's his team. I organise my 11s game and so I'm first choice but it works out as not too many others want to play at CB anyway. Are they quite competitive 5s and 7s leagues you're playing in? How are the standards?

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Our indoor season finished but I am looking to start up again last year, my dad want's to play as well. :D

I played a charity game for a mate, was great, finished up with 2 goals. One was a complete fluke :p

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    About your 7s team that's a strange one but I guess if it's his team. I organise my 11s game and so I'm first choice but it works out as not too many others want to play at CB anyway. Are they quite competitive 5s and 7s leagues you're playing in? How are the standards?
    Where I play we have loads of players that finished or are at the end of their careers, international lithuanian footballers (if you can call them footballers at all) :D The best I played was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomas_Danilevičius. Top international scorer in lithuania and to times best lithuanian footballer, he scored an opening goal against italy in a 2008 euro qual in a game that ended 1-1 :p Sometimes I get to play against http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saulius_Mikalajūnas, he's two times best lithuanian footballer too, but he's a bit fat these days :D

Edit: i was just looking against whom I played, and found one more guy who was once the best lithuanian footballer (2003) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raimondas_Žutautas.

Not bad actually :D

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    @Cuti I ended up getting those Mizuno boots I linked last time we spoke. They're great- really light and with a smooth yet grippy material so the touch is good. Not the first pair of Mizunos I've had and they last the distance. Would recommend you to look out for some of those.

Are they quite competitive 5s and 7s leagues you're playing in? How are the standards?
    I'll look out for Mizuno and see if there is anything I like.

Re the 7 a side team, I know it's strange and couldn't really understand it tbh, especially because we were struggling mostly in the middle, but if that's the way he wants the team to be, so be it, this is only a one year thing from my end, next year i'll either create my own team with friends and smash everyone or else just not take part.

Re level, it's pretty decent. The 7 a side league the players are all average, but a lot of the teams have been playing together for ages so they have good chemistry.

In the 5 a sides I play, there are often ex footballers or footballers late in their career. For example I've played with and against Kevin Sammut (who got banned for matchfixing in a game between Malta and Norway). Another Maltese international I've played against is George Mallia who is pretty decent. Goalkeeper wise I've played against Andrew Hogg a few times, he is currently playing in Greece with Kalloni and they are third in the league I believe.

Then I play with my friends, some of whom have been capped at the U21 level, and one was in the youth academy of Man City for quite a while.

So basically, level is pretty decent.

One player I've never played against but some of my friends have is Michael Mifsud

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #159
    Our indoor season finished but I am looking to start up again last year, my dad want's to play as well. :D

I played a charity game for a mate, was great, finished up with 2 goals. One was a complete fluke :p
    Hopefully you managed to not give the game away and act like you meant it :D

- - - Updated - - -

Where I play we have loads of players that finished or are at the end of their careers, international lithuanian footballers (if you can call them footballers at all) :D The best I played was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomas_Danilevičius. Top international scorer in lithuania and to times best lithuanian footballer, he scored an opening goal against italy in a 2008 euro qual in a game that ended 1-1 :p Sometimes I get to play against http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saulius_Mikalajūnas, he's two times best lithuanian footballer too, but he's a bit fat these days :D

Edit: i was just looking against whom I played, and found one more guy who was once the best lithuanian footballer (2003) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raimondas_Žutautas.

Not bad actually :D
    Cool! I think I have a vague memory of Danilevicius when he was at Dunfermline but it could easily me being confused with all the Lithuanians who played at Hearts :p That's pretty cool that you're playing with the best players in your national football history.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll look out for Mizuno and see if there is anything I like.

Re the 7 a side team, I know it's strange and couldn't really understand it tbh, especially because we were struggling mostly in the middle, but if that's the way he wants the team to be, so be it, this is only a one year thing from my end, next year i'll either create my own team with friends and smash everyone or else just not take part.

Re level, it's pretty decent. The 7 a side league the players are all average, but a lot of the teams have been playing together for ages so they have good chemistry.

In the 5 a sides I play, there are often ex footballers or footballers late in their career. For example I've played with and against Kevin Sammut (who got banned for matchfixing in a game between Malta and Norway). Another Maltese international I've played against is George Mallia who is pretty decent. Goalkeeper wise I've played against Andrew Hogg a few times, he is currently playing in Greece with Kalloni and they are third in the league I believe.

Then I play with my friends, some of whom have been capped at the U21 level, and one was in the youth academy of Man City for quite a while.

So basically, level is pretty decent.

One player I've never played against but some of my friends have is Michael Mifsud
    Damn that's cool! I've never played against any professionals. The closest is that this guy was in my year at school http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/player-availability---charles-samushonga/ . Besides that there are some of my friends who could have probably made it as professionals but either through injury or preferring to party instead of train :D

The level I play at is reasonable. The group of 30-ish players we have are all about the same level but with different skillsets which makes the 11s games interesting. Through playing regularly over the past few years we've obviously all gotten better and I've noticed when playing with other groups that they are a step below us.

That Kevin Sammut guy :lol: It looks like he denies the charge. What do you think?

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Out of all the players and referees, he is the only one that got charged with match fixing, and it's impossible to do so. Also, Sammut went off in the 65th minute, when Malta were losing 1-0...they ended up losing 4-0 with two of the goals coming after the 80th minute. I don't know if he did it or not, however, it is impossible that he did anything alone. Don't really know him to be honest, but the few times i've played against him, he always seemed like a decent guy.

Personally, I think he was nearing the end of his career (33 years old) and he took the fall for some younger players who were involved, but that's just my opinion on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)