Playing Football (2 Viewers)

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #121
    I only ever play on artificial turf and I always use astro boots. Never had a problem with slipping even when it's wet (as you'd imagine that happens a lot over here :D)

Only thing I'd need to watch would be if we played on grass in wet weather. I'll cross that bridge when/if I come to it, though.

- - - Updated - - -

90% of the time I play on artificial. I used to play with these

But now I just use these

I find that using adipure is much better for me. The only drawback is that these boots are not meant to be played on such surface so it's lifespan is much shorter then if used properly, but I don't care, as long as I feel comfy with them I'm happy.
    Have always wondered about using boots like that ('blades'? Is that the right term for them?) How does it affect your grip on astroturf?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Dunno how it's called, but I like it, as you can see I even prefer these boots to astro turf ones. I never experienced more slipping with them then with astro boots.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    In all of Malta we only have like 3 pitches at most which are real grass (due to the heat)...and those are where the professionals play, so we have to play on artificial turf. The thing that annoys me most are the rubber and the fact that if you tackle/slip/fall, you end up with cuts (though that could be down to the poor quality of some pitches).

With regards boots, for the past few years I have been using the 'blades' on artificial pitches, but I've always heard that the proper studs should be the short multistuds.

I need to buy a new pair as my current Nike ones have been through two seasons of football.

My next pair are going to be adidas, but I don't want to spend too much on them...any suggestions?

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #125
    Hmm I've never had adidas boots. If I was going to get some I would get some predators for sure.

Astroturf is so popular here because of the weather but also because it's so low maintenance for the company who run the pitches. It's actually a phenominal way to make a shitload of money from a small plot of land. I've only had a few scrapes from the surface. Most of the cuts or bruises I've had have been from other players rather than the surface.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno how it's called, but I like it, as you can see I even prefer these boots to astro turf ones. I never experienced more slipping with them then with astro boots.
    How much faster is the wear and tear on them, though?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    The only thing I hate about artificial is that you can't slide tackle unless you're willing to leave your ass on the field.
    Sliding sucks, falling on the ground due to being tackled or fouled sucks, and, to me at least, the overall movement of the ball on the pitch has a somewhat unnatural property to it.

Some of my dislike is obviously due to subjective taste, but a real pitch would have to be in a pretty bad shape for me not to prefer it over any artificial one.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    In all of Malta we only have like 3 pitches at most which are real grass (due to the heat)...and those are where the professionals play, so we have to play on artificial turf. The thing that annoys me most are the rubber and the fact that if you tackle/slip/fall, you end up with cuts (though that could be down to the poor quality of some pitches).

With regards boots, for the past few years I have been using the 'blades' on artificial pitches, but I've always heard that the proper studs should be the short multistuds.

I need to buy a new pair as my current Nike ones have been through two seasons of football.

My next pair are going to be adidas, but I don't want to spend too much on them...any suggestions?
    Where the "professionals" play.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    How much faster is the wear and tear on them, though?
    Dunno, I usually buy top of the line models so all in all they live long. Two seasons minimum, after that it's still possible to play with them though just that the wear and tear is visable usually.

But the front damages and splits because of the rubber thingies in the astro turf much faster then it would normaly.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing I hate about artificial is that you can't slide tackle unless you're willing to leave your ass on the field.
    Nah, you can tackle and not leave any marks there too. But it's true it's much more easy to get burn marks on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Artificial fields suck. Cant tackle on that.
    Yes you can.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #132
    Artificial fields suck. Cant tackle on that.
    Having played many times as a CB on a 3G artificial pitch I completely disagree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno, I usually buy top of the line models so all in all they live long. Two seasons minimum, after that it's still possible to play with them though just that the wear and tear is visable usually.

But the front damages and splits because of the rubber thingies in the astro turf much faster then it would normaly.
    Getting those on my boots now. I've had them less than 6 months but I guess that's what I get for going for the cheaper ones on the scale of boots. "Buy cheap buy twice", right? :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Having played many times as a CB on a 3G artificial pitch I completely disagree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting those on my boots now. I've had them less than 6 months but I guess that's what I get for going for the cheaper ones on the scale of boots. "Buy cheap buy twice", right? :D
    meh, the ones i played on werent.

Still, the ball speed on the modern ones, is far higher then grass no ?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    What?? To walk around the house in?? :shifty:
    What? :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

In my exp for this case is exactly right. I buy top of the line boots, but I change them after 2-3 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Just came back after playing, fuck, I think I rushed it. Good think there is no swelling on the knee, but the feeling I get isn't indicating anything good too. Will need to regulate football once a week only to give it more rest.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #139
    I swim on concrete.

- - - Updated - - -

meh, the ones i played on werent.

Still, the ball speed on the modern ones, is far higher then grass no ?
    I don't know, I don't usually play on grass anymore. Not that I remember unless it's particularly wet. But that affects grass the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Just came back after playing, fuck, I think I rushed it. Good think there is no swelling on the knee, but the feeling I get isn't indicating anything good too. Will need to regulate football once a week only to give it more rest.
    Calm down, Arturo we need you fully fit this season :D

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Artificial is ok. It depends on how good it is. I prefer grass, my issue is that it can fucking hurt to tackle on. To slide. I have used my adipures on them and it was ok.

I have these and love them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)