Playing Football (11 Viewers)

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #201
    Well I got kicked out from my 7s team because I pulled out of a couple of games, once through illness and once because of other plans coming up. Seemed a bit harsh to me but there we go.

Good news is I've found a new team which is just starting. Not sure yet if they play in a league or what but the point is I can't wait to get back on the pitch! How's everybody else's career going?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nejc

May 13, 2006
    Anyone has any idea how to get to back to at least minimum playing form? I played (association) football for 9 years, quit when I started uni and started 5-a-side for a year until I destroyed my ligaments. I had to rest for about a year and havent played any serious football for the last 3 years. Last week I joined my friends on some "village" tournament (5-a-side) and I could play decent enough when defending, but when we played attack I had no clue where to go :lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Anyone has any idea how to get to back to at least minimum playing form? I played (association) football for 9 years, quit when I started uni and started 5-a-side for a year until I destroyed my ligaments. I had to rest for about a year and havent played any serious football for the last 3 years. Last week I joined my friends on some "village" tournament (5-a-side) and I could play decent enough when defending, but when we played attack I had no clue where to go :lol:
    Just keep playing. Try to have good positioning. That will take you a long way. I had the same issue when I started playing in Feb after a long break. So I played center back since I kept getting lost in the midfield. Then they moved me to goal.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #204
    Like Enron said it's just about playing as much as possible. Try and figure out what the 2/3 main responsibilities of your role are and keep those in mind during the game. Make sure you're not trying to do somebody else's job and you'll be grand. I always find fitness is 50% of getting back into it.

This Wednesday I've got my first game with my new 7s team! I was along to watch them last week and the standard is decent. The league seems quite physical too which suits me :tup:

- - - Updated - - -
    @Raz are you all healed up and back on the pitch?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    @Raz are you all healed up and back on the pitch?
    Hehe, I think I'm done, my knees seems to be too weak for this sport. My team is playing in third league and competing for the first place and if I want to be able to do normal stuff like walking and running and jumping when I'm a bit older I have to stop playing. And going to lower level doesn't make me happy too, so what is left is just casual tournament with friends I'm afraid.

It sucks but, it is what it is.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #206
    Hehe, I think I'm done, my knees seems to be too weak for this sport. My team is playing in third league and competing for the first place and if I want to be able to do normal stuff like walking and running and jumping when I'm a bit older I have to stop playing. And going to lower level doesn't make me happy too, so what is left is just casual tournament with friends I'm afraid.

It sucks but, it is what it is.
    Oh shit man that's terrible news! Maybe in 6 months/ a year it'll get better?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Oh shit man that's terrible news! Maybe in 6 months/ a year it'll get better?
    Who knows, I'm thinking that even if it will be good it won't become better, I'm 28 years old so... All in all this will have it's results when I'm older and I don't want to be a cripple when I'm older :)

Nejc

May 13, 2006
    Like Enron said it's just about playing as much as possible. Try and figure out what the 2/3 main responsibilities of your role are and keep those in mind during the game. Make sure you're not trying to do somebody else's job and you'll be grand. I always find fitness is 50% of getting back into it.
    Maybe I set my goals too high for my return, but I feel that I need to play with a decent team to get back and such teams don't really care for players like me. With weaker teams I am usually the one with the best technique and even fitness/stamina. But I still don't know where to run when attacking.

With 7s it is probably easier because your role is much more defined than with 5s (futsal) where movement is one of the most important aspects IMO. I haven't played 7s since I was 14 or so though. Anyway some winter (indoor) leagues are starting in a month or two and I hope that I can get myself into a team.

@Enron Thank you for your reply as well.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #209
    My currebt team walked off the pitch today because apparently the other team were threatening some of our players. I missed what actually happened but theyre talking about changing league and shit.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    My currebt team walked off the pitch today because apparently the other team were threatening some of our players. I missed what actually happened but theyre talking about changing league and shit.
    We were forced to flee twice when I was coaching a uni team a few years ago 2:

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #212
    I got a booking for a slide tackle last night.

Turns out they're not allowed in my new league...

- - - Updated - - -
    @Nzoric spill tha beanz!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I got a booking for a slide tackle last night.

Turns out they're not allowed in my new league...

- - - Updated - - -
    @Nzoric spill tha beanz!
    That's weird, although I must say that I on Saturday I play in a small sort of league with mates (play actual club football on Sunday) and I think banning tackles would probably not be the worst idea. Many of those guys are so out of shape that they either hurt themselves or others.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #214
    That's weird, although I must say that I on Saturday I play in a small sort of league with mates (play actual club football on Sunday) and I think banning tackles would probably not be the worst idea. Many of those guys are so out of shape that they either hurt themselves or others.
    We never allowed slideys in our 5s games back in Glasgow, pitch was just too small. This league is a competitive 7s league though so I'd figured it would be alright. Apparently not. Shame because it's my favourite thing to do, as a defender. I'm also quite physical which doesn't sit well here at all.

Playboy fairy luxury players the lot of them!

Jun 6, 2015
    Just started training again recently. Looking forward to playing again but being part of a group again is something I've really missed and feels great to be back.

Football :heart:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
    Dec 23, 2012
    Just started playing football again after retiring to manage, made a 5 a side team, currently getting destroyed by quite rotund British men every week, we have played 5 games so far and our goal difference is nearly -60, we could have forfeited every game and still have been in the same position as we are now. Our keeper got injured so I had to "fill in", we were doing alright for the majority of the game, it was about 0-5 their way when I put on the gloves.

We lost 1-23, I didn't touch the ball apart from mindblanking and picking up a backpass (resulting in a penalty) and then throwing it over arm, forgot it was against the rules (resulting in another penalty)

there was about 8 minutes left when I went on as keeper :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)