Players With Honor (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Seven said:
Exactly. I honestly don't get some football players. If you earn 7 millions, why asking 8?
Quite simply, because as in any job you expect to be paid what the market dictates you are worth... If others of equal stature are earning more than you then it would piss you off... Its only right that you earn the same as others at your level... The amount is irrelevant

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Respaul said:
Quite simply, because as in any job you expect to be paid what the market dictates you are worth... If others of equal stature are earning more than you then it would piss you off... Its only right that you earn the same as others at your level... The amount is irrelevant
Sure, you deserve that money, but it's not as if it's going to make you any happier. If Milan offer me five million a year to play for them and Juve offer me three, I'd choose Juve in a heartbeat.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Seven said:
Sure, you deserve that money, but it's not as if it's going to make you any happier. If Milan offer me five million a year to play for them and Juve offer me three, I'd choose Juve in a heartbeat.
Its not the same, you have to equate the same principle to your own job...

You are a fan, its completely different... you also do not have their money or the same lifestyle to maintain through maybe 50 years of retirement rather than your average mans 20 years of retirement... Plus keeping your children in the lifestyle they have been brought up with throughout their lives to.

Its far harder to adjust to having more money than it is to survive with less than you have been used to throughout your life.

No to mention with the lifestyle professional footballers and their families have these days... It aint hard to spend 5 mil a year... in fact its pretty damn easy...

Its all relative to the career in question and the lifestyle that comes with said career...

No one should bemoan a footballer for doing his utmost to secure the future of himself and his family in what is a very short career which at any moment can be ended by injury and the like...

A person and their family is far more important than any employer

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
Seven said:
that is because you love juve very much and think about it like a fan

but the players think about it like a job

think like this if pepsi offered you to be a marketing boss for 5 milion

and cola ofered you to be a marketing boss for 10 milion and you will work for the same time and same responsibles what you will choose

i like to dirk pepsi but in this offer i will think of it like a job and go to cola

this is why we should bring players who dont think of juve like job but who think of juve like their life and like fans think

what you think

please discuss

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
Respaul said:

You are a fan, its completely different... you also do not have their money or the same lifestyle to maintain through maybe 50 years of retirement rather than your average mans 20 years of retirement... Plus keeping your children in the lifestyle they have been brought up with throughout their lives to.

Its far harder to adjust to having more money than it is to survive with less than you have been used to throughout your life.

No to mention with the lifestyle professional footballers and their families have these days... It aint hard to spend 5 mil a year... in fact its pretty damn easy...

Its all relative to the career in question and the lifestyle that comes with said career...

No one should bemoan a footballer for doing his utmost to secure the future of himself and his family in what is a very short career which at any moment can be ended by injury and the like...

i agree but i like the player who love juve like delpiero and not who think about playing in juve like a job

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
AbuGadanzieri said:
i agree but i like the player who love juve like delpiero and not who think about playing in juve like a job
We would all like that, but its not really reality...

Players go where they think they can get what they want... Then of course they say how much they love the club and we the foolish gullible fans believe every word...

Loyalty is meaningless to footballers emerging today...

Even with dp... If he was a couple of years younger and hadnt won everything in football.. he would be on his way out the door if we are relegated as well...

Fact is, hes set for life, hes won every domestic honour, he is a bonafide club legend... He has nothing to gain by going elsewhere other than a new experience...

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
Respaul said:

Players go where they think they can get what they want... Then of course they say how much they love the club and we the foolish gullible fans believe every word...

Even with dp... If he was a couple of years younger and hadnt won everything in football.. he would be on his way out the door if we are relegated as well...

Fact is, hes set for life, hes won every domestic honour, he is a bonafide club legend... He has nothing to gain by going elsewhere other than a new experience...

but when milan went to serie be baresi didnt go and stayed in serie be and he was young

and now marchione is free and he can go to any place and all teams like inter and fiorentina and roma and manchester ant he but he will stay walaw juve went to be

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
AbuGadanzieri said:
but when milan went to serie be baresi didnt go and stayed in serie be and he was young

and now marchione is free and he can go to any place and all teams like inter and fiorentina and roma and manchester ant he but he will stay walaw juve went to be
Its different, Baresi was from a completely different generation when the game was completely different and money wasnt the be all and end all...

Marchionni I cant see where he comes into this either... he isnt a world renowned star like emerson, vieira, buffon, zambrotta etc... He is an up and coming who actually stands to gain from being involved in being part of a squad that sees a team like juve come back up into the top flight... He also is not gonna take a pay cut like the others are... He will still earn more than he did at parma even if we are in serie B

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
Respaul said:
Its different, Baresi was from a completely different generation when the game was completely different and money wasnt the be all and end all...

Marchionni I cant see where he comes into this either... he isnt a world renowned star like emerson, vieira, buffon, zambrotta etc... He is an up and coming who actually stands to gain from being involved in being part of a squad that sees a team like juve come back up into the top flight... He also is not gonna take a pay cut like the others are... He will still earn more than he did at parma even if we are in serie B

you are very good

you think very good and answer all questions

thank you my friend for discussing

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
AbuGadanzieri said:
you are very good

you think very good and answer all questions

thank you my friend for discussing
Look, you're a good guy, but are you real? So for I have believed you're authentic, but if you start pushing it like that ..

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Respaul said:

where is azzurri7 to hear that :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Respaul said:

Sure it is, but we're not talking about guys who have only recently hit the jackpot. People like Del Piero, Emerson and Vieira have more than enough money to continue their lifestyle. Of course you also have the betting lunatics..

Gene

Dec 10, 2005
only in trouble...people would then show their true colours..
but i don't blame them... either for the good or bad.. its thier choice..

May 4, 2004
Seven said:
Thats becuase you LOVE the club, just like i do, and others on this forum, so yes i would do the same.. But its very normal that a player want to earn more and more..!

Jun 29, 2005
sateeh said:
forzaa zambro, he says he is staying until the end of his contract
Really? I think he's made clear that there's no way he's staying in juve if juve went to serie B. Quite disappointing from him though, i've always thought he will be one of the players who will stand up for juve no matter what the circumstances.

OP
DelpieroForLife
Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #97
    The only confirmations I'm waiting for will hopefully come from Zambrotta and Buffon as if we gurantee DP, Canna, Zambro, Buffon, Marchonni, Paladino, Zanneti we can still manage to survive with such a great core of players.

What kind of justice will be applied in court is a different story though.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Seven said:
    that depend on how loyal are you to a team , in emerson case he will not hesitate to choose the highest salary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)