Players for Italy - Scotland (1 Viewer)

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
if Italy failed to score any goal, i will question Lippi's decision for leaving out the onform Del Piero at the moment..well, can;t deny Luca Toni is good at the moment..but what about the Roma players? Cassano? Totti? and Montella is injured, so why not playing DP instead? Leave DP on the beach and if it's still deadlock bring him on for Cassano or Giladino..
actually i see Gila as a soso average Italian player, i watched him play in the Olympics...nothing near compare to Carlos Tevez...!!
I am just worry about Azzurri dun hav talented new blood...convince me if u guys think there's hope for Azzurri..
Just look at Italia results..it's like a negative slope graph...
they got the world class players but most of them approaching 30s...Italy at the moment just dun hav the C.Ronaldos, Tevez, Robihnos type of genius/talents...Cassano probably nearest to that level but this guy is a trouble maker..De Rossi? alot hav been talking about him but this guy hasn;t make himself BIG enuf yet..
I am just worry about Italy...the team i hate d most, England, i think they got a better squad at the moment, Rooney, J. Cole r very good in terms of offensive..well u can say Italia r better in term of defensive, but u can win games after u score...
Life after Dp,Vieri, Totti what will happen to Italia??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The player that has impressed me after the first half is our own Chiellini. He looked very solid on the left flank and made a lot of forward runs. He seems to be very adept at passing the ball up front, as I have not seen him give the ball away yet this match. Chiellini looks just as solid as Zambrotta out there tonight.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
final score
italy 2
sco 0

the players of the match
Pirlo

Buffon
Canna
Camo
Gatt
cassano
Bonera
Chill
De Ros
gila
toti

Materazzi
simply, he is a disaster

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
2-0 Final for Italy. Well, Andrea Pirlo had another great performance, scoring two incredible free kicks from basically the same spot, showing that he could be Italy's most important player. He controlled Italy's flow and the team stayed organized for most of the match. Pirlo is showing the world that he's one of the best.

Chiellini was very good tonight for Italy, making nice runs up the left flank and covering well in defense. He is certainly a threat to opposing teams and if he keeps playing like this maybe we'll see Zambrotta playing right-back. Maybe not though because Bonera was rather solid even though he did not have much to do. Important victory for Italy.

Ratings:

Buffon 7
Bonera 6
Cannavaro 6.5
Materazzi 6
Chiellini 7
Camoranesi 6.5
Pirlo 8.5
Gattuso 6.5
Totti 6
Gilardino 6
Cassano 6

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Lets just say that Pirlo was the only damn reason that we won this game. If not for him, we could have very easily threw points away.

Our offense was in neutral most of the game. We built up play well, but in the offensive zone, we were crap !!

The only Roma player that belonged on the field today was Montella. I think Totti and Cassano proved that.

Cassano had a hard time passing the ball accurately, and I didnt think Totti had a good game.

Our other forward Gila's main contribution to this game was to get call for offsides more than anyone else.

IMO, we needed a player like Vieri in their today, nothing fancy, but has strength, and knows how to put the ball into the net.

Buffon was the other hero for us today. He saved 2 surefire goals, one being a breakaway (where the hell was the defense ???:confused: )

Only being able to score on 2 set pieces, and not in open play against a team like Scotland is a little worrying......................

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Montella would not have been able to do anything either. Really, you need get over him Vinni, he ain't that good. :D
Hehe....

my point was that their whole team is shit, and didnt deserve to be called up for the Azzurri...

What have Cassano or Totti done lately ??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Totti has not done much lately, neither has Cassano really. The whole Roma trident has not impressed me that much over the past couple weeks. Not really sure who else you would field though, except for maybe Toni. I think Gilardino has his spot on lockdown because IMO he's better than Montella and obviously Vieri.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'd take DP over Cassano for both Juve and the Azzurri atm. Imo Italy have the right players for a good 4-3-1-2 so that is what I would play. Though they play on opposite flanks Chiellini is clearly a better player than Bonera so I would give Zambrotta a try on the right.

Buffon
Zambrotta Nesta Cannavaro Chiellini
Camoranesi Pirlo Gattuso
Totti
Gilardino Del Piero

There's a lot of competition for places in attack as I wouldn't count out Vieri just yet and Montella's goalscoring exploits in Serie A certainly have to count for something. The frontrunners for the support striker spot have to be DP and Casso and in truth I don't really care who Lippi goes with as both of them can get the job done. Gilardino, Montella and Vieri/Toni will be left to fight for the other place with Di Michele, Esposito and company looking in from the outside.

ADP24it

Feb 28, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
Match ended
Italy 2 - 0 Scotland

Both goals were from Pirlo and from free kicks. Damn he's good.
Yes...Italy won :cheesy:
Forza Italia.... :drool:
Pirlo sure have a very good game....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'd take DP over Cassano for both Juve and the Azzurri atm. Imo Italy have the right players for a good 4-3-1-2 so that is what I would play. Though they play on opposite flanks Chiellini is clearly a better player than Bonera so I would give Zambrotta a try on the right.

Buffon
Zambrotta Nesta Cannavaro Chiellini
Camoranesi Pirlo Gattuso
Totti
Gilardino Del Piero

There's a lot of competition for places in attack as I wouldn't count out Vieri just yet and Montella's goalscoring exploits in Serie A certainly have to count for something. The frontrunners for the support striker spot have to be DP and Casso and in truth I don't really care who Lippi goes with as both of them can get the job done. Gilardino, Montella and Vieri/Toni will be left to fight for the other place with Di Michele, Esposito and company looking in from the outside.
am inlove with your formation....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
we dont want dp to play know with the azzuri , we dont want him injured know:D
Yeah, I was actually thinking that Lippi may have left him out of the squad as a little favour to Juve. He knew that Italy could take Scotland without DP so why risk him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)