Players for Italy - Scotland (2 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Yeah, I was actually thinking that Lippi may have left him out of the squad as a little favour to Juve. He knew that Italy could take Scotland without DP so why risk him?
Scotland type of play may caused dp injurey easily , they are very tough :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'd take DP over Cassano for both Juve and the Azzurri atm. Imo Italy have the right players for a good 4-3-1-2 so that is what I would play. Though they play on opposite flanks Chiellini is clearly a better player than Bonera so I would give Zambrotta a try on the right.

Buffon
Zambrotta Nesta Cannavaro Chiellini
Camoranesi Pirlo Gattuso
Totti
Gilardino Del Piero

There's a lot of competition for places in attack as I wouldn't count out Vieri just yet and Montella's goalscoring exploits in Serie A certainly have to count for something. The frontrunners for the support striker spot have to be DP and Casso and in truth I don't really care who Lippi goes with as both of them can get the job done. Gilardino, Montella and Vieri/Toni will be left to fight for the other place with Di Michele, Esposito and company looking in from the outside.
Oh come off it.. you really think delpiero deserves a starting spot?

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
Pirlo's free kicks were pretty good.
Good thing Totti didn't take them, although he didn't really play bad that game.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Lets just say that Pirlo was the only damn reason that we won this game. If not for him, we could have very easily threw points away.

Our offense was in neutral most of the game. We built up play well, but in the offensive zone, we were crap !!

The only Roma player that belonged on the field today was Montella. I think Totti and Cassano proved that.

Cassano had a hard time passing the ball accurately, and I didnt think Totti had a good game.

Our other forward Gila's main contribution to this game was to get call for offsides more than anyone else.

IMO, we needed a player like Vieri in their today, nothing fancy, but has strength, and knows how to put the ball into the net.

Buffon was the other hero for us today. He saved 2 surefire goals, one being a breakaway (where the hell was the defense ???:confused: )

Only being able to score on 2 set pieces, and not in open play against a team like Scotland is a little worrying......................
Thank you i was beginning to think that i was the only one who saw the game differently

I mean for Scotland to have chances not just to equalise but to go ahead is a disgrace by Italy

I am beginning to think that these guys are mightily overrated, I mean we cannot keep on blaming Trapatoni, Lippi and every other manager who has won everything on club level , i mean Benfica are 6 points clear in the league with Traps in charge and they have not won the league in quite a while

Materazzi proved yet again he is not serieA class let alone internatioanl class

I have always thought Bonera highly overrated and he didn't so anything to allay my fears though he was solid
I keep reading good things abot Chellini but I am waiting to be impressed, all i saw was a player who kept on diving and was rightly booed by the scottihs fans for his antics

Camo started alright and then faded and whats with all the silly flicks involving he, Totti, Cassano and Gilardino, yes once or twice is nice but they overdid it.

I thought Cassano was okay but Gilardino was poor and even if Italy would like to get rid of Vieri and Dp, I am sorry but on this showing they are still needed and thats a shame

Totti again proved he is only a superstar when in a roma shirt

OP
Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #68
    Pirlo is damn good. I wish we'd had been able to see more of Italy in the Eurocup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)