Player Rivalries (3 Viewers)

Rushy

The Poet
Jul 3, 2004
Il Re said:
i cant stand ibra, but those comment on carew "what john can do with a football, i can do with an orange" were class :D
No, they weren't... and bullshit as well... Ibra might beat him in a trick-competition, but carew crushes the shit out of him on the field...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Bardock said:
Never heard the rumours (don't know if there is any truth to them) that we sold Inzaghi, cause he and Alex weren't getting along?
no they wud have constant on training punch ups, and i remember lippi saying that he had to sell 1 of the 2, so he chose pippo as it was deteriorating, i think it happened at the wc 2002 camp aswell, how trap found it hard to separate the 2.

as for player rivalries, defo binter vs football

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Rushy said:
No, they weren't... and bullshit as well... Ibra might beat him in a trick-competition, but carew crushes the shit out of him on the field...
i disagree, sure ibra was crap last season, but these comments came when zlatan was in his last season with ajax and was a very good player, carew isn't classy at all and is noway on the level of a zlatan on form lets not kid ourselves

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
From what i remember Del Piero started the feud with Inzaghi because every time Del Piero was working hard to get into a position to shoot and as it passed the goaler Inzaghi would always go and hit it in just a couple of metres before the line. Infact when Inzaghi scored Del Piero never used to celebrate. If it was not for Inzaghi Del Piero would be on like 208. Also whenever Del Piero got the ball he looked for his team mates if they had more chance or scoring while Inzaghi shot even though he had 1 in a million chance of scoring. This pissed off Del Piero and began complaining and as BD said they had fights in training and Moggi and Co. had to choose between selling a symbol to the club or selling a player and getting trezeguet instead.

You can guess what they choose

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Can't believe nobody mentioned this:

Lothar Mattaus vs Diego Maradona.
These two true giants of modern era battled twice for the greatest prize on earth.
Diego many be greatest individual talent that graced the world but Lothar symbolized the very notion of team ethic that we often associate with the Germans.

Personal spats:
Voller vs Rjikaard. Forget Totti, Rjikaard is the Original one.:D

Position wise:
Baggio vs Zola
A classic case of two geniuses battling for one spot in the team. Never had the coach who had the creativity to harness two brilliant maestro. After all, Saachi is the authentic Mister I do it my way that Crapello strive to become. Unlikely for Crap, he only possess half the intelligence of his mentor.

Notables: Del Piero vs Totti, Viera vs Keane, Lehman vs Kahn, Ronaldo vs Rooney,

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Veron vs Sorin (Villarreal game showed everything)

Veron vs Adriano (Adriano should be a happier person after Veron left, but I dunno why he still can't score)

Vicente vs Puyol (Vicente is still quite pissed about the Puyol tackle)

Fiore vs Camoranesi (Not sure if this 1 can be counted, but everybody knows Fiore's character anyway, will be quite interesting to bring this up)

Oh let me add, anybody in Inter, the locker room is a soap oprea, any team that boosts a combination of Mihajlovic, Zlatan, Matrix and the lot will be very interesting

Capello with so many of his players complaining speaks of something, especially from his ex-clubs, particularly Montella who mocked at him

More to come......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)