Player of the Month: Del Piero (1 Viewer)

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++
Yeah i agree with u that when zlatan runs is he very effective but if he had runned maybe 5 percent more in a game,would he been much more better than he is at this point...
well, i guess u r disappointed by his performance against bologna and he indeed didnt run as he should have but take a look at his matches against bayern, inter, chievo.... he did well and made good runs...

lets wait for next week against milan to see his performance..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++
Wtf?How can Zlatan be in better form than Del Piero when Del Piero run and work much more than Zlatan and even if he gets subbed in maybe 70th minute has he runned more than Zlatan does in a entire match....
There is no point in even discussing this. Anybody can see that Zlatan has had the better form this season. Please take the Del Piero BLINDERS off!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Look, I love Del Piero just as much as anybody else. But we cannot keep hiding behind excuses. I am just telling people the reality of our club at the moment.

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
Yesterday, DP was better. He played dropped back to center a lot and distributed.

He did a couple of nice dribbles and turns (one from a throw in I believe).

He wasted one shot. He was runnin at full speed and Zlatan's lazy pass was a bit inacurrate so DP had to hit it with his left from behind.

And by the way, here's the stats:

DP - 15 matches, 8 goals.

Zlatan - 18 matches, 7 goals.

I love them both and don't wanna defend one and make it seem like i hate the other but you guys gotta get off DP's back. Let him settle in after the injury..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I see you fail to include assists. As Juve89 stated himself, a striker's job is not only scoring goals but to create them as well. Zlatan has over 8 assists, while Del Piero has about three. Zlatan has made far more goals than Del Piero, and our #9 has had the better form duing the season. These are facts people.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't know how many times we have been talking about this so far. But let me clear some-things again, i respect Zlatan he's great talent for football and for juve and for us the fans. I admit at first i didn't like the deal we bought Zlatan by time i realized he's great and he will help us to win as much trophies as he can.

But that doesn't mean to criticize Dp if Zlatan is doing fine in his previous games, No offence to Zlatan's fans or anything, but if Injuries could stay away from Dp, Dp will turn off the lights on Zlatan, it's just simple. Zlatan is Lucky that Dp is getting injured, lights and media are all focusing on him.

Anyhow i wont extend this subject, let us just support Juve, they all play for the Club we love and i ASK some of the Dp Haters to stop it, it's kinda TOO much.

Forza Juve, Forza Dp

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
But that doesn't mean to criticez Dp if Zlatan is doing fine in his previous games, No offence to Zlatan's fans or anything, but if Injuries could stay away from Dp, Dp will turn off the lights on Zlatan, it's just simple. Zlatan is Lucky that Dp is getting injured, lights and media are all focusing on him.
Possible, but improbable. I highly doubt he will quote "turn the lights off on Zlatan." Sort of, I don't know, biased don't you think?

Anyhow i wont extend this subject, let us just support Juve, they all play for the Club we love and i ASK some of the Dp Haters to stop it, it's kinda TOO much.
I assume that was directed to me..

I say it again and again, but nobody ever listens.

I do not hate our Captain Del Piero. I am only trying to show how the players actually perform, and give credit where it is due.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I do not hate our Captain Del Piero. I am only trying to show how the players actually perform, and give credit where it is due.
you're right Andy.
Alex hasn't played that good to name as the best player of the month but I see that he really tries in every match to help the whole team.against Bologna Zlatan wasn't better than Alex.at least Alex made 2 good assists but Zlatan seemed more selfish than the past.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
Why are you arguing about it???? It is not like we are going to sell Ibrahimo because he did not won "THE BEST PLAYER OF THE MONTH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
Juve89: We all love Del piero, but we can't hide it, Del piero is off form but at least doing ok...

Andy: be cooler with DP lovers :D ... we all like him after all dont we?

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Not exactly deserved. Camoranesi should have gotten it.

And please stop this "A DPHATER, BURN HIM"-style. Face facts, its not the old DP. When he is 35 years old and still plays in the team, will you cheer for his spot in the starting XI or will you have forgotten how he was like when he was, say, 25?
I wish we'll see new ages of greatness in our beloved icon, but if it never happens I'd rather see him on the bench than on the pitch selling shirts.

May have sounded a bit harch, cause he hasn't been bad this month. But he sure as hell didn't deserve this award.
++ [ originally posted by DP #1 Fan ] ++
Yesterday, DP was better. He played dropped back to center a lot and distributed.
&
++ [ originally posted by DP #1 Fan ] ++

Wtf?How can Zlatan be in better form than Del Piero when Del Piero run and work much more than Zlatan and even if he gets subbed in maybe 70th minute has he runned more than Zlatan does in a entire match....
Zlatan attracts atleast two men all the time when his close to the penalty area, and gives DP more space to run more frealy without a "supervisor". I'm sure its all by Capellos book.

DP - 15 matches, 8 goals.
Zlatan have assisted atleast half of those goals.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i'm with Andy on this.....we dont hate DP. but please open ur eyes and face the facts. maybe DP was better than Zlatan during Bologna's game, but dont deny that Zlatan has been doing great so far, bar Bologna's match.

Zlatan's performance is better than DP so far this season, at least u ppl cud admit that :groan:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
i'm with Andy on this.....we dont hate DP. but please open ur eyes and face the facts. maybe DP was better than Zlatan during Bologna's game, but dont deny that Zlatan has been doing great so far, bar Bologna's match.

Zlatan's performance is better than DP so far this season, at least u ppl cud admit that :groan:
I wouldn't say better than Dp so far, they are doing both great.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
What the hell is an assist in football, I totally understand what it is in basketball but in football everything is an assist

I play a corner kick to someone but another hits it in, yay , its an assist for me, i take a weak shot and the goalkeeper fumbles it and someone scores, yay its an assist, i pass the ball to my team mate, he does unbelievably well to score the goal, well its an assist

Zlatan has been good, but great?come on. He has had 3 very good matches, and the rest have ranged from average to poor, has no idea how to free himself, has no pace to beat his opponents so off course he is closed down easily

And he has played in every game this season and played 90 minutes in majority of the games so his goals have to be high and so called assist as well

I am too of the opinion that Camo was the best player last month and not sure why Dp got it but of cos he is the most beloved and that usually comes into play and to be fair did score in a lot of the games and many of them winning goals.
Nope he is not like the focal point of the attack as we tend to hoof the ball in the air for Zlatan while Dp has to come in deep and feed of scraps but we still compare him to that brilliant player who thrilled us many years ago and that will always be the cross he has to bear. Competing with his past, only 1 winner I am afraid

Aug 26, 2003
come on do not compare this player to each other!!!
lets be happy that we have this great players and that they are both doing well and Juve is first that is the most important thing!

we all know of what Del Piero is capable if on form and injury free, and also everyone knows Zlatan, i find it kind of stupid to analyse every single match or pass from the players!

forza Juve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)