Player of the Month: Del Piero (1 Viewer)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Yes, in the latest Matches Del Piero has been better than Zlatan. Against Bologna, Zlatan was SHITE! and Del Piero was okay.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
to say Del Piero is better than Zlatan is like saying Oliver Kahn is better than Petr Cech.....well, more or so :D cudnt find the right comparison

i havent seen a performance from DP that warrant the captaincy.

:shocked: i have become DP's critique :shocked:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Yes, in the latest Matches Del Piero has been better than Zlatan. Against Bologna, Zlatan was SHITE! and Del Piero was okay.
Del Piero didn't do anything yesterday, period. At least Zlatan "won" the freekick which led to the goal.

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
Ok what good does Zlatan do for us yes he "won" the freekick wich led to the goal yesterday, but how many freekicks dosent he give away?
And whats up with people saying that he is so brilliant with the ball? I have seen a few moves from him who actually works on people and a hundred moves who don`t work......
And he can`t pass a ball proberly, always too short or too long!
I don`t mean to affend noone with this post its just my point of wiew....

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
You wont be a exellent attacker if the only thing you do is too score goals.
Del Piero does a lotmore than scoring,he is better to pass,better to dribble,better in the air,he is faster and he is better defencive than Zlatan....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++
You wont be a exellent attacker if the only thing you do is too score goals.
Del Piero does a lotmore than scoring,he is better to pass,better to dribble,better in the air,he is faster and he is better defencive than Zlatan....
I do not intend to be mean here, but have you ever watched Zlatan and Juventus play this season? Obviously you haven't. Zlatan has made more goals than Del Piero, which means he has more assists. Del Piero better in the air? Don't make me laugh. Zlatan is one of the tallest strikers in Europe. Believe me, Zlatan does much more than just score goals. He has created much more upfront than Del Piero this season.

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
your talking riubbish.

zlatan is playing well, scoring goals, creating opportunities with his great ability to win the high ball and his ball control. he is making a name for himself but DP is living off his. i agree that dp have improved a bit but not enough for his normal high standard.

normally new strikers to serie a have a hard first season scoring goals but zlatan has scored 7 already and you can see him improving over the years. capello thinks theres another 20% out of zlatan. and zlatan and dp are not linking wll together and we need our strikers to be linking well or we will not get far.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
But have u seen him? :eek:
If there is one thing where zlatan is REALLY poor is in the air!! And, yeah, he's one of the tallest striker in Europe, but that doesn't change anything.

Btw Alex scored more than Zlatan this season (playing half of the time zlatan played) and yesterday was better than him. He created chances, even if in that occasions we didn't score (it was emerson, if I remember well) and he helped a bit the midfielders. All what Zlatan did was trying improbables shots from the distance, when there were teammates in better positions, and making fouls when it was absolutely not needed! It was so irritating I could have screamed!:fero: Not mentioning he got his 2nd yellow in a very-stupid way.

And the freekick was a Christmas present from the ref (btw thanks Pieri :D), not many ref would have awarded it...

Now I won't say who is better overall (it's about POVs -and all have to be respected ;)- , I think), but from what I saw (yes, I watched the game, I watch every game) yesterday it was zlatan who deserved to be sub, not del piero...

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I do not intend to be mean here, but have you ever watched Zlatan and Juventus play this season? Obviously you haven't. Zlatan has made more goals than Del Piero, which means he has more assists. Del Piero better in the air? Don't make me laugh. Zlatan is one of the tallest strikers in Europe. Believe me, Zlatan does much more than just score goals. He has created much more upfront than Del Piero this season.
The only thing his hight is good for is too get high in the air but whats the point of jumping very high if u can`t head a ball,Zlatan is like a stick u put up in the air,and if ur lucky the ball hits the stick and bounce in the right direction.......(I have seen Zlatan make a few good headings this year but mostly its just shit compared to Del Piero,Trez and Zalayeta)
And btw i have seen 8 serie A matches,every CL match exept the last one against Macabi Tel Aviv.........
How can he create something upfront when the only thing he does is too stand on the top of the pitch yelling after the ball??
Zlatan said that he would become the best player in the world if he avoided any big injuris....
But wtf?If he shall be the best player in the world need Zlatan too work harder on the pitch I am sorry but what shall Juve do with Zlatan when he don`t even bother to run....

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
why does it always have to be like this, after every match u criticise or praise del piero, we all know that he is suffering from injuries and from inconsistency.....

we won and thats it, we must look for the next match and not how del piero performed, he is out of form these days or better to say not up to our expectations, so let it pass and hope he improves...

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
The only thing i critize is that people think Zlatan is better than Del Piero....
Del Piero is better than Zlatan even when he isn`t fully fit....

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
The only thing i critize is that people think Zlatan is better than Del Piero....
Del Piero is better than Zlatan even when he isn`t fully fit....
i think this is not true, Del piero potentially is better and historically he is a star(when he was 22 or 23), but now , and although im a fan of Del piero, Zlatan is better....

Zlatan is more fit, more determined, more confident, and he is going through a great phase, whereas Del piero is lacking consistency and suffering from injuries, but i have to say that regarding his injuries, he is doing ok....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

The only thing his hight is good for is too get high in the air but whats the point of jumping very high if u can`t head a ball,Zlatan is like a stick u put up in the air,and if ur lucky the ball hits the stick and bounce in the right direction.......(I have seen Zlatan make a few good headings this year but mostly its just shit compared to Del Piero,Trez and Zalayeta)
And btw i have seen 8 serie A matches,every CL match exept the last one against Macabi Tel Aviv.........
How can he create something upfront when the only thing he does is too stand on the top of the pitch yelling after the ball??
Zlatan said that he would become the best player in the world if he avoided any big injuris....
But wtf?If he shall be the best player in the world need Zlatan too work harder on the pitch I am sorry but what shall Juve do with Zlatan when he don`t even bother to run....
The two most important goals thus far this season in the Champions League (the two against Bayern Munich home and away respectively) were created by Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The latter has over 8 assists so far as well, while Del Piero has about three if I remember correctly. Then tacking on to what NEDVED said about the two, Zlatan clearly has the better form. Enough said.

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
Wtf?How can Zlatan be in better form than Del Piero when Del Piero run and work much more than Zlatan and even if he gets subbed in maybe 70th minute has he runned more than Zlatan does in a entire match....

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
Wtf?How can Zlatan be in better form than Del Piero when Del Piero run and work much more than Zlatan and even if he gets subbed in maybe 70th minute has he runned more than Zlatan does in a entire match....
( del piero is one of my favorites) but, Zlatan is a striker and when he runs he is very effective, however, Del piero is less effective because of continuous injuries, but the good thing is that he is running as u said and trying to return to his good form..

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Juve89, Im agreeing with you. DId yall watch ZLatan yesterday!??!?! He was CRAP! Del PIero were much better. Zlatan just fumbled with the ball. Del Piero did good passing and looked sharp. Zlatan has been better if you look on the whole season, no doubt. But I think its redicilous not to take out Zlatan when he is not good. And take out del Piero instead, who didnt suffer at all last night...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)