Play football? (3 Viewers)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
It is one of the worse myths around.
Do anyone really believe you have to have played fotball to understand the game? There is really no connection between that. How many times does media bring in former players to comment in tv. They are in 80% of the cases totally worthless.

Anyone heard Lineker talk football? It is a laugh!

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
I can play on the left side (offense left back or left midfield!)
Iam nice on dribblings and crosses! Passing is also good!
Iam middle in shooting! But dead balls from near the box are good, because of my feeling in my left foot!

I only play for fun!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Raziel666 said:
Hi, this is my first post, i`m more of a passive visitor here, i just like to read here and there. But i can`t understand one thing, do any of you play football or just :blah: :blah: without even knowing anything about it? I`t makes me mad to read things that even don`t make any sensce. Only thought that goes to my mind is do you know anything about football besides interner or tv?
Sit down with a glass of hot chocolate- I will tell you my story.

I was born as a foreigner in a very small, very rich country in the middle of a desert. All of my friends played one game. That game was football. As a person of "different class" than the locals I was told never to associate with them. I went to my own school, spoke my own language, celebrated my own customs, language and religion. I was an alien in a land with people who I had nothing to do with. But you know what brought us together? Kicking a ball.

I played football with people who's name I couldnt pronouce. Who's language I didnt speak. Who believed in a different God. Who had different skin, different hair, different food and clothes and lifestyle.

But when we kicked the ball between us, we were all the same. We didnt need anything in common. The game was what we had in common, and that is all that mattered.

We rarely played on astro-turf or fresh, well-manicured grass. We played on tile, on dirt, on concrete, on tarmac, even on carpet. We would have 3 or 4 people on a team on weekdays, but on some weekends 30 kids crammed themselves into the small walled court behind our apartment building in 120-degree weather.

When our balls got lost or were popped, we played with flat balls. We played with volleyballs. We played with tennis balls!

I find myself in a different life now. But I still recall those days. But I now know that it doesnt matter if you can play anymore or not. If you have ever been touched by the magic of football, whether you are black or white, whether your of the same culture or not, whether watching the game or playing, then that is enough.

:coffee:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Fliakis said:
great story lac :blah: :D

why did this raziel guy got banned. zlatan you cunt leave my countrymen alone or else...
That's quite enough - last warning: insult anyone like that again and you're banned.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Im a decent keeper. But I alway get stuck at left back cause I can use either foot. Oh how I hate left back!!!

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Played a hella game the other day....they put me back in the "Puma" position but i still managed to unleash 2 goals with my right and left foot tap in.....

Plus i was flossin the Red Juve jersey with my new Copa mundail indoor shoes.....Jeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh

Jul 12, 2002
Enron said:
Im a decent keeper. But I alway get stuck at left back cause I can use either foot. Oh how I hate left back!!!
Left back on the bench? :lol2:

As a child I was an offensive midfielder, developing a good shot and passing skills early on. When I was in secondary school, I got tall and as a good rugby player, I discovered my good hand eye coordination. This led my coach to make play in goal. At first, I missed being in the action, directing the play, and scoring goals. Some of my coaches still allowed me to take free kicks, but it's still not hte same.

In time, I started to really appreciate the position of keeper, and I became very good. After playing in college, i played semi-professional ball in Australia, then moved to Europe and played semi-professional and professional football mostly as a back up keeper. My career ended through knee ligament injuries. I miss competitive matches, but I still enjoy my weekend pick-up games.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I am am converted left-mifielder, who has played as a striker for most of his life

I try to use pace, strength and speed to my advantage on the left side, and like to get into the attack as much as possible

I am right-footed, but have practiced so much with my left, that its my preferred foot now. I can also cross with my left very well

I run my own team in the Western New York area, and we play indoor (9 vs 9) in the winter, and outdoor in the summer

I also practice with some older European and South American guys (some former professionals) who teach me a lot

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Played for almost 10 years but gave up after a surgery. Was played mainly in central defense though I prefered central midfield. Occasionally played somewhere on a wing.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Vinman said:
I am am converted left-mifielder, who has played as a striker for most of his life

I try to use pace, strength and speed to my advantage on the left side, and like to get into the attack as much as possible

I am right-footed, but have practiced so much with my left, that its my preferred foot now. I can also cross with my left very well
Welcome :):D

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Cronios said:
Welcome Raziel, i m a left wing back,
im fast and with a good stamina, very accurate on the taclin and great positioning, but i have small dribbling skills and a weak but acurate shoot,
i can use my both feet,i used to play reguraly but with friends just for fun, nothing pro,
the last years medicine doesnt allow me the free time needed for such things...
Saying that, i ll have to add that, its not necesary to be a player to have an opinion about football
and the best players are not becoming the best coaches,scouters our having any special advantage against pure observers like some sport reporters wich are able to estimate a situation better than them,
football has many perpespectives, knowing only the field or only the numbers isnt enough to master it but knowing a part of it allows u to have an opinion...
I agree on this.

I've never played football profesionally, and never gonna play. I'm too old to try something like that because i'm 21. I have diabetes and my parents were scared to let me train somethin plus in Bosnia was war going in time when i had 7-11 years (years when every kid starts to play football). Actually i was skiing with five years old but war stopped that, and after war i had no money for skiis and stuff like that.

Nowdays diabetes is not problem anymore sfter 16 years with you learn many things. I play football with my friends every sunday we have three-four teams and something like competition. I usually play in defense, and i'm pretty good on hitting other players, usually go in attack either and score some goals most of them look attractive becaus they are very lucky long distance shoots. I love rough play. And one i have to say is that i'm almost perfect from penalties in few months just one missed (I shoot always in left top corner) And yeah oh.. i'm left footed but know to use righr either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)