Platini : If I Were UEFA President... (31 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
Doesn't really matter if they don't even reach the semi-final.
So now you lowered your standard from actually winning the cup to reaching the semi final, I guess we are getting somewhere in this discussion.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
I thought we were talking about money management here.
Well then Skonto Riga should work with what they have. You're suggesting they go bankrupt because they're not in the CL. I say that, if they're not in it, they shouldn't act as if they are.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
So now you lowered your standard from actually winning the cup to reaching the semi final, I guess we are getting somewhere in this discussion.
You want reduced quality, poorer games and lots of excitment coming from some Lithuanian donkey running back and forth across the pitch? Well that's fine by me, but seriously don't expect me to back your idea.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
Well then Skonto Riga should work with what they have. You're suggesting they go bankrupt because they're not in the CL. I say that, if they're not in it, they shouldn't act as if they are.
Actually, someone forbid them from being in it because in Holland people would rather watch Liverpool than Dynamo Bucharest thus Heineken is willing to pump in more money for that sake.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
It is all up to which organization can raise more sponsor money that make the simple minded fall into their campaigns; that organization would host a "better" competition. Either way the poor teams (I refuse to call them small and poor just because I compare them to others) will be getting poorer and nearing vanishing.
exactly so Platini wont make any drastic measures after he comes into office and actually has to deal with the politics and large corporations.Trust me on that but keep the hope :tup: you never with a guy like that in office.

i wouldn't mind it really, unless if Juve come in fourth next season then we will have a problem with Michelle.:pumpkin:

@Fli,yeah FA cup is a good example really giving the underdogs a fair go.Mybe they early stages should be like that based on uefa seedings. If ur the better team then u should be able to win away.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
You want reduced quality, poorer games and lots of excitment coming from some Lithuanian donkey running back and forth across the pitch? Well that's fine by me, but seriously don't expect me to back your idea.
Actually it is you who's the donkey if you consider any football player that does not play in the best four teams in Serie A a donkey. And you won't back up my idea because you are already a victim. I say UEFA have achieved their goal with you. Now they will try even more to get more fish in their net.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
Actually, someone forbid them from being in it because in Holland people would rather watch Liverpool than Dynamo Bucharest thus Heineken is willing to pump in more money for that sake.
If Skonto's good they can be in the CL. Let's put Milan in the Hungarian competition and see if they reach the CL next year.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
Actually it is you who's the donkey if you consider any football player that does not play in the best four teams in Serie A a donkey.
I meant a donkey from a nearby field :D, not the players.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
it's fair but we all know that unkonws teams doesn't sell shirts. UEFA wants money and for that reason a team from Liechestein won't play the CL

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Fliakis said:
yet you have the nerve to bash americans... you're becoming a bigger hypocrite than andy...
:howler:

I forgot, anyone but belgians actually do care about their nation. Jeez, Fli, don't take it personally. I know fuck about Lithuania and I'm not going to pretend I do. After all I was just joking.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
You should have stayed on what I understood because your explanation is ten fold worse.
Yeah sure, we all know much I hate Lithuania and glorify Belgium. FFS people should stop being so patriotic.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Anyway, even I want to return to a knockout system, that's not really the question here. I simply don't agree with the fact Lithuania should have one spot just as Italy. Some countries should get more spots, because they provide better teams, only fair. If you don't think it is, then I welcome you to capitalism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)