Platini elected UEFA President (9 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't know, Platini has said some really silly things about his ideas for Europe, I'm a little wary of what he'll be trying to change now.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I don't know, Platini has said some really silly things about his ideas for Europe, I'm a little wary of what he'll be trying to change now.
I posted this earlier on another forum:
"He's also on record as saying that he wants football to be a non-contact sport. I have absolutely no faith in his vision for football, and I'm going to be very wary of any changes coming from UEFA in the next few years."

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So a complete ass got elected, someone who was supported by Blatter (and that tells you everything you need to know) and some of you are happy?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I posted this earlier on another forum:
"He's also on record as saying that he wants football to be a non-contact sport. I have absolutely no faith in his vision for football, and I'm going to be very wary of any changes coming from UEFA in the next few years."
Would be absolute bullshit IMO. Granted, it would be in my advantage, but it changes the whole game.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Ive heard him say on a number of occasions that he wants the Champions League restored to the straight knock out system like the old days.Wether he's an asshole or not,i like this idea.It would certainly add a hell lotta more exictement and unpredictability to the game.The group stages can be genuinly boring at times.It might not generate the same revenue that it does for UEFA currently,but from the neutral's point of view,id love for the CL to be restored to the straight knock out format.

V. Corleone

Jan 26, 2007
Despite being a Juve legend, I hate him when he talks without thinking first like when he said before the WC final against France that Italy needs another 27 years to defeat France. As I think that our last win against France was at 1979.

Anyways, I'm just glad that the head of the UEFA is a Juventino. :)

V. Corleone

Jan 26, 2007
Martin said:
He's said that he is going to decrease the number of teams from the same country.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i will give the guy a chance and see what he does when the politics in football hits him in the face and when everything he says or does becomes magnified.As now anything he says r not just ideas they r proposals.

Wenger AKA the whiner and Ferguson already spoke out against his ideas.

anyway its good to see a juventini in the top office.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Candidates often make many fantastic promises and grand propositions that don't always come about after they win. This goes for both the good and bad ideas. The guy deserves a chance to prove the extent of his idiocy, so to speak.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
I saw an interview with him and I must say he is a very sympathetic man with his own visions of how he wants to shape european football. I'm optimistic we will see an improvement.

Personally I would like to see the CL changed back so that only the champions of the domestic leagues can obtain entrance to the tournament. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)