Pirates of the Caribbean (1 Viewer)

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Well? What are your thoughts on it? I think Johhny Depp rawked, and Orlando Bloom was good.

The story line was kinda cool, and the bad guys were awesome.

Has anybody seen Bend it like Beckham?

The chick who acts in it is Keira Knightley, and she's acting in POC. She's _HOT_ :eek:

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
u got to help me... i dun understand one major important part of the film... what the story with the aztec gold and why it needs the blood of bill turner as a sacrifice.. since this is the skeleton of the story i dont think it really spoilts anyone who still dont see it.. so could anyone who understand could tell me?

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
i just came back from the movies and i have to admit it was a good movie...
keira is really hot.... i have also seen bend it like beckham (here it's called kick it like beckham... - another good film)

but actually i'm no big fan of these hollywood blockbusters....
yesterday i saw a brilliant german/italian movie, called "SOLINO" (starring Moritz Bleibtreu)

it's about an italian couple with 2 sons, who decide to move to germany... the wife, who wasn't fond of the idea from the first minute on doesn't like their new life... her husband quits his job in germany after some days and they decide to open a "pizzeria" (at this time the first in this region...) - they have success, but the familly starts to live appart....
not only the parents have many conflicts, but also the two sons have heavy arguments falling in love with the same girl....
when the woman finds her husband with another woman she decides to return to italy and a doctor finds out that she has cancer....
the younger son travels with her and takes care of her, while the other stays in germany using the opportunity to take the girl of his bro....
the conflict collapses when the younger son was awarded for a self-made movie.... he can't let his mother alone and so the other bro takes the award for him telling the journalists he was his brother... the younger bro returns to germany for one day having a heavy fight with his brother, but even though he wants to stay in germany he has to return to italy to take care of his ill mother... back in italy he begins to settle down in italy finds a wife and bla bla bla....

that's the basic content of this genius movie... if u have the opportunity to view it use it...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Pirates of the Caribbean was brilliant! Pure CLASS IMO! One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom were awesome! :cool::thumb:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
It blew, and it blew big. Except Depp's funny character it was so shallow and miserably predictable. At any given time during the movie I could predict exaclty what was going to happen the next thirty minutes. It was also way too long.

That's the truth, and that is all.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i dont think orlando bloom is too great... johnny depp on the other hand is in another class though.... cant wait for the sequel... if there is any...
A sequel would be great! :extatic:

Painless_cry

Jun 14, 2003
Keira is nice, she looks a lot like natalie portman, I always wanted to see bend it like beckham...

POC it's really nice, Depp character was the best in whole movie, he's an amazing actor and he's hot! :D

OP
s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    Hey tarmpropp, why's the story so predictable? It was alright IMO, though it slacked the dramatic twists and turns.

But come on, it's an action flick, without the gung fu! ;)

aressandro10: I was too busy looking, thinking about Keira to give a shit about why they're cursed :p

Just kidding, but I couldn't catch it because my dumbass friend kept whispering to me. I think they needed Turner's blood because they needed the blood of everybody who had the gold pieces to reverse the curse.

Well, that's what I think it is. I think I'm wrong though. I just said that because it's the only thing I can think of at 2.10am in the morning :LOL:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
    Hey tarmpropp, why's the story so predictable? It was alright IMO, though it slacked the dramatic twists and turns.
    First off I think you're right about the cursed gold thing.

I think the story was very predictable, as when something happened I knew what was gonna happen. Like when the Black Pearl left while Johnny Depp was still in the cave with the treasure. You just instantly knew that Johnny's pirate friends were gonna rescue him 15 minutes or so later, so all that time I was just sitting waiting for the boat to return.

I just think the script was to forward and standard, they should have spiced it up substansially. They should also have made it an hour shorter. That said, Depp's character was funny, and it could with a few changes easily been an enjoyable film for me :)

OP
    s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    Hmm fair enough. But did you manage to guess how he escaped from the island the first time? ;) :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I thought it was a really good adventure movie which I hadn't seen in ages! What was the last adventure movie worth watching? The best of the past 20 years have been the Indiana Jones movies and the Goonies, apart from that, I can't remember many other remarkable ones.

Pirates was really good, and even though it was a bit too long, it was very enjoyable. Depp's character is extremely good and he conveys so much cockiness, swagger and attitude that makes the movie a winner!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
    Hmm fair enough. But did you manage to guess how he escaped from the island the first time? ;) :D
    He escaped on the back of a couple of sea-turtles lashed together with human hair, silly! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)