Pirates of the Caribbean (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
I didnt remember that about the first coin.
When was it in the movie? :undecide:
I honestly don't remember. I may even have just presumed it, it's so hazy in my memory.

Jul 12, 2002
Okay, here's how it is. All of the priates had already put their blood in the chest, and when they did, they assumed the curse would be lifted, but it wasn't and they finally realized then that there was one missing, that being Turner, so they set off to find Turner's off-spring. It's very simple, really.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
All of the pirates that took a piece of gold out of the chest have to repay the blood. In Aztec mythology, the gods were big on human sacrifices, and offerings of blood. Since it was Aztec gold, giving the blood back is a ritual to appease the gods, and lift the curse. Since the pirates admitted to sinking Will's father, they need the next closest thing to his blood, which would be his direct descendant, his only son, Will.

You have to listen to barbosa's speech when elisabeth is hanging over the chest... he's telling that everyone of them "paid their blood sacrifice more than once. and who's blood must jet be spilled?!"And then they point at Keira, thinking she's the daughter of bootstrap bill.

So the point is everybody but bootstrap already paid back the gods with their blood.

Interesting: Will's father took a piece of the gold, sent it to Will, and then the crew of 'The Pearl' sunk him to the bottom of the ocean. If he took some gold, he was cursed and couldn't actually die when he sunk. So in essence, when Will lifted the curse, he inadvertently killed his own father, who was on the bottom of the ocean, cursed, and unable to die. But once the curse was lifted, he would have drowned!

How was the father of young Will (Orlando) called in English??
Will.... Turner.
Damn, they translated it here :(
Bootstrap Bill Turner... that's why they tied him by the bootstraps when they fired him off to mars :D

++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

He escaped on the back of a couple of sea-turtles lashed together with human hair, silly! ;)
Don't forget it was from his back!

What I don't understand is... what's wrong with just letting the pirates be freed from the curse? Give the poor guys a break.... far out

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Interesting: Will's father took a piece of the gold, sent it to Will, and then the crew of 'The Pearl' sunk him to the bottom of the ocean. If he took some gold, he was cursed and couldn't actually die when he sunk. So in essence, when Will lifted the curse, he inadvertently killed his own father, who was on the bottom of the ocean, cursed, and unable to die. But once the curse was lifted, he would have drowned!
*g* That did not come across my mind. How interesting indeed :undecide:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
All of the pirates that took a piece of gold out of the chest have to repay the blood. In Aztec mythology, the gods were big on human sacrifices, and offerings of blood. Since it was Aztec gold, giving the blood back is a ritual to appease the gods, and lift the curse. Since the pirates admitted to sinking Will's father, they need the next closest thing to his blood, which would be his direct descendant, his only son, Will.

You have to listen to barbosa's speech when elisabeth is hanging over the chest... he's telling that everyone of them "paid their blood sacrifice more than once. and who's blood must jet be spilled?!"And then they point at Keira, thinking she's the daughter of bootstrap bill.

So the point is everybody but bootstrap already paid back the gods with their blood.
Oh and this is sth what I can call good explanation at last! :thumb:

And how such dead pirates without their blood gave their blood to take off the curse? ;)
The same explanation: they werent such - how to call them - living deads from the beginning. So as they could gave their blood, they could die, when it was early enough: so I think they sank him, when he was a human.
As I understood, they became like this after some time.

Bootstrap Bill Turner... that's why they tied him by the bootstraps when they fired him off to mars :D
Thanks, I had way defferent word to that.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

Oh and this is sth what I can call good explanation at last! :thumb:
:D

And how such dead pirates without their blood gave their blood to take off the curse? ;)T
The same explanation: they werent such - how to call them - living deads from the beginning. So as they could gave their blood, they could die, when it was early enough: so I think they sank him, when he was a human.
As I understood, they became like this after some time.
Hmmm I don't know... unless they sank him about 5 minutes after they took the treasure, i'm pretty sure he was under the curse at the time... remember about 5 minutes after Sparrow took the gold piece, he became cursed?

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Yes, but I think it has sth to do with other thing: Do you remember what they say about the curse? That it started to work, when they had spent all money.
They cant sank him so fast, cause how could he gave that coin to his son? Who would give it?

Oh, I dont remember that movie SO good in this moment anymore :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)