Pirates of the Caribbean (2 Viewers)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Oh I saw it at last! :extatic:
And I have to say, the movie was amazing, I had good fun for 2,5 hours - maybe if they cut two longer fight scenes (sword fights) it would be better, but I really dont complain about that.

Johnny Depp was a class there, I cant imagine any other guy in this role. And I love good dialogs in movies, and he had really good dialogs, nothing in shallow Bond's style (my own phrase), they were funny and intelligent.

Of course Jeffrey Rush was good, and the story was logical.

Torkel about predictable story: it wasnt a disadventage in this movie IMO, it was just a light adventure pirate movie, sth to laugh not to hard thinking, so I dont mind that predictible thing.

Oh well, I would love to see Depp one more time in this movie :cheesy:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
Hey tarmpropp, why's the story so predictable? It was alright IMO, though it slacked the dramatic twists and turns.

But come on, it's an action flick, without the gung fu! ;)

aressandro10: I was too busy looking, thinking about Keira to give a shit about why they're cursed :p

Just kidding, but I couldn't catch it because my dumbass friend kept whispering to me. I think they needed Turner's blood because they needed the blood of everybody who had the gold pieces to reverse the curse.

Well, that's what I think it is. I think I'm wrong though. I just said that because it's the only thing I can think of at 2.10am in the morning :LOL:
o

oooo.... they actually need everybody'S blood... now that make sence finally... its been cracking my head for a while now.. i thot i missed a whole imortant part of the film.. thanks for the info.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
:D

Bond movies are one of my favs, so I can dare to touch them :stuckup:

Anyway, Bond's dialogs HAS to be amusing, so they are forced to be amusing, they are not naturally amusing.

Old Bond were have many good dialogs, remember the best of them, pure classic? :

- Do you expect me to talk?
- No Mr Bond, I expect you to die.

THAT was amazing and funny.

New Bonds dialogs are shallow, sometimes I wish he didnt open his mouth at all ;)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Just kidding, but I couldn't catch it because my dumbass friend kept whispering to me. I think they needed Turner's blood because they needed the blood of everybody who had the gold pieces to reverse the curse.

Nope, they needed the blood of old Will Turner, the father of young Will (Orlando Bloom), but they didnt explain, why they need that one blood.
Just, that they realised, it was needed to take off the curse.
But they killed old Turner guy, sot they were hunting for young Will: "they wanted my father's blood... my blood"

How was the father of young Will (Orlando) called in English??
Will.... Turner.
Damn, they translated it here :(

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
What I couldn't get was...

Jack Sparrow, was he always under the curse, or only when he stole one of those aztec golds in the final part?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
no... Jack Sparrow escaped the curse of black pearl.. you can see that under tthe moolite earlier he s never turn to corpse.. he only turn curse in the end part... not sure wha will happen to the monkey though... hope he doesnt appear in the sequel

OP
s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

Nope, they needed the blood of old Will Turner, the father of young Will (Orlando Bloom), but they didnt explain, why they need that one blood .
    Just, that they realised, it was needed to take off the curse.
    But they killed old Turner guy, sot they were hunting for young Will: "they wanted my father's blood... my blood"

How was the father of young Will (Orlando) called in English??
    Will.... Turner.
    Damn, they translated it here :(
    they needed his blood because he was part of the crew, and i think everybody who was part of the crew had to bleed. then since they tied him to a cannon ball and blew him to mars, they needed his son's blood ;)

well just my 2 cents.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Not at all.
    One of pirates said very clear: after killing him, we realised, that we needed HIS blood to take off the curse. There was nothing about blood of all of them.
    But if you think so, so... when exactly they gave their blood? There wasnt even one word about that. They were hunting on this one blood.

OP
    s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    still puzzled. the curse wasn't put by Turner snr. right? and wasn't there some scene in the movie where Barbosa said that the curse of the gold would be put on those who stole it.

and the curse something like this: the curse won't be lifted unless all the gold are not seperated. right?

so Turner snr ships off the gold to his son, and anyway, the pirates realized they're cursed for life and they need turner's blood.

Why?

probably because to lift the curse, you need the blood of everybody who stole the gold with you. and they needed Turner's blood.

That's how i can to the conclusion that all the pirates had to bleed :p

I'm still puzzled about the curse, anybody wanna share his/her views besides Ally? ;)

OP
    s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    oh yeah, i've got somebody to back me up :D

¾obsessed« [lookedathimlike]yougonnaplay[chrisnodded&justinintroducedhim]brotherfromanothermotherchriskirkpatrick:lit bites says:
    to lift the curse, they need to get the blood of everyone who ever took a piece of those shillings

¾obsessed« [lookedathimlike]yougonnaplay[chrisnodded&justinintroducedhim]brotherfromanothermotherchriskirkpatrick:lit bites says:
    and will turner's dad took a piece because he didn't want the pirates to be able to lift the curse and live again, see?

i swear i didn't influence my friend to say that ;)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    and the curse something like this: the curse won't be lifted unless all the gold are not seperated. right?

so Turner snr ships off the gold to his son, and anyway, the pirates realized they're cursed for life and they need turner's blood.

Why?
    You see, you've got this the most important point now :D

There is NO explanation, why they needed only Turner snr blood.
    This is just a mistake in script imo.
    Cause they had to entangle young Will in whole situation, why this gy is special in movie. So how? In the most obvious way: they used her father, and their blood - the only one way to involve young Will personally in whole situation.
    The weakness of script, but who cares, if it comes to just a adventure story.

btw: imo you assumed events with blood of every pirate, cause they is no answer to that.
    So just show me exact moment in movie: when they said about blood of every of them AND more important: WHEN they gave their blood.
    Or maybe I missed this vital moment.

And no, only me again :p;):D

OP
    s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #37
    This is an interesting debate anyway :)

You said that There is NO explanation, why they needed only Turner snr blood. This is just a mistake in script imo.

I don't think it was a mistake, it was more of a go-figure it out yourself.

Like my friend said, "to lift the curse, they need to get the blood of everyone who ever took a piece of those shillings
    "
    Well, the movie didn't exactly say that, but there was the scene where Barbosa dined with Keira *though I preferred if she had dined with the other pirates... naked! ;)* and in that scene, he explained to her about the curse.

Barbosa said that they just needed the last coin, and her blood to lift the curse.

The curse was upon those who stole that gold, 399 pieces of it IIRC :p

So why is it so special that only Turner has to bleed?

[ASSUMPTION]

Well, I think because to lift the curse, they needed the blood of everybody who stole the gold.

[/ASSUMPTION]

I think I'm repeating myself, but oh well... it looks more organized now ;)

Somebody, please? :cool:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    This is an interesting debate anyway :)

You said that There is NO explanation, why they needed only Turner snr blood. This is just a mistake in script imo.

I don't think it was a mistake, it was more of a go-figure it out yourself.

Like my friend said, "to lift the curse, they need to get the blood of everyone who ever took a piece of those shillings

And again: your friend based his opinion on... what?
    On assumption, not on the facts.

Well, the movie didn't exactly say that, but there was the scene where Barbosa dined with Keira *though I preferred if she had dined with the other pirates... naked! ;)* and in that scene, he explained to her about the curse.

Barbosa said that they just needed the last coin, and her blood to lift the curse.
    Nope. He needed blood of Turner snr's kid, not her blood specifically.
    The girl said, her surname was Turner, so he made a mistake.

So why is it so special that only Turner has to bleed?
    They didnt explain that. Just said: we suddenly realised, that we needed his blood to take off the curse.
    btw, that pirate did NOT said: we needed his blood TOO, he said: we suddenly realised, that we needed his blood to take off the curse.
    See a difference?

And I'm repeating myself :D but show me this moment, when they said about ALL pirates blood, and more: WHEN THEY GAVE THEIR BLOOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)