Pietro Rava dies (1 Viewer)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Rava mourned by Juve and Italy
Sunday, 5 November 2006

Pietro Rava, the last survivor of the Italy side which won the 1938 FIFA World Cup, died on Sunday at the age of 90.

Distinguished career
Rava, who had battled with Alzheimer's disease in recent years, had undergone surgery after falling at home last Friday. A combative left-back, Rava also helped Italy win the Olympics in 1936 while his club career saw him serve Juventus to distinction for 13 seasons. During that time, he won the Scudetto in 1949/50 and the Coppa Italia twice, in 1938 and 1942.

Juve tribute
Rava, who also played for US Alessandria Calcio 1912 and Novara Calcio, played a total of 352 Serie A games, with 303 of those coming with Juventus. He scored 19 goals. Juventus will honour his memory on Monday night by wearing black armbands in the Serie B game against SSC Napoli. Italy won the 1938 World Cup, played in France, with a 4-2 victory in the final against Hungary.

©uefa.com 1998-2006. All rights reserved.
---

R.I.P. Rava
Thank you for what you did for Juventus and Italian football

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 1, 2002
Hero of Juventus.

May his God smile upon him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

May I make the suggestion that this site opens a permanent thread (to run alongside current ones, if one already exist forgive me) to the deceased of Juventus. A place to mourn and reflect and post thoughts on our history.

The Bianconero flame (fiamma)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Rest in Peace, Pietro.

bianconero said:
May I make the suggestion that this site opens a permanent thread (to run alongside current ones, if one already exist forgive me) to the deceased of Juventus. A place to mourn and reflect and post thoughts on our history.

The Bianconero flame (fiamma)
please do.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Omair said:
A great player he was :agree: .. RIP ..

Was he the reason Roma and Fiorentina had black armbands yesterday .. ??
maybe.
In the Torino game they were wearing black armbands because a youth player of Torino was killed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)